Centro Manager Reviews

Updated Jul 13, 2020

4.5
Centro Founder & CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker

"Centro is an incredible place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people. They are second to none. I have been able to grow so much professionally and personally from the amazing individuals who work across all our offices. We have amazing benefits, compensation AND lots of snacks ;)

Cons

There is truly nothing that I have to complain about, sure I could complain about how many emails are sitting in my inbox but in terms of the company... I am extremely happy to be here!

"Great!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

Great people and great leadership

Cons

Adtech is a very competitive landscape, it is hard to stand out.

Centro

Thanks you for getting in touch and sharing your thoughts. We think our people and leadership are pretty great too 😊 You’re so right about ad tech being a crowded space – it’s one of the many reasons we think Basis will change the industry – people are looking for a platform to simplify the way they work! If you’d like to share more, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net. -EVP, Talent and Development

"My job IS as cool as my friends think it is."

Current Employee - Office Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Centro and fellow Centrons live by their principles. They are dedicated to the growth, well-being and the happiness of each other. It makes a world of difference spending everyday with people you genuinely like and care about. Great perks: *Fresh fruit and healthy snacks *$500 gym reimbursement per year *Monthly Happy Hour *Trip to Chicago for orientation *Hours are 10AM - 6PM Time Off: *10 'Ferris Bueller' (personal) Days *3 weeks vacation *At your 4 year mark a mandatory paid sabbatical Benefits: Health and Dental 80% coverage

Cons

The hiring process was long... but I guess it's to make sure they pick the right people!

Continue reading

"Truly one of the best places to work!"

Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro

Pros

Centro has all the trappings of a great place to work: great people; exciting work; cool perqs. But, what really makes the company special is its values. Centro not only explicitly states that it believes that lasting success comes from individual growth and well-being (see: the Centro Manifesto) - which is cool - but, it actively lives these values every day. That is truly unique in this day and age, and the fundamental reason underlying why you should want to work here.

Cons

The biggest challenge about life at Centro is working in a fast-growing, cutting-edge environment. You need to be adaptable, quick on your feet, and be able to work in a place (and industry) where the rules are still being written. This can be exciting to some, but challenging to others.

Continue reading

"Centro is a super duper fantastic company to work for!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Where do I start? People are truly awesome to work with. I don't look at them as colleagues but more like family. For me fit is fundamental and I have found it! Open office concept is great to learn, collaborate and feed off each others energy. SO many benefits such as health, gym, RRSP matching, stocked kitchen, happy hours etc. Bottom line I worked for MANY companies and Centro has been the best experience thus far!

Cons

Can get really loud in the office which makes it's hard to hear on the phone. Sometimes there is evil food in the kitchen like cake, cookies and brownies which is quite frustrating.

Continue reading
  6. "Cares about employees!!!"

Current Employee - Analytics Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best benefits anywhere Flexible Great opportunities for advancement

Cons

no downsides. amazing place to work!

Centro

Thank you for your feedback, and for your many years at Centro! We are so happy to hear that you appreciate the benefits, flexibility, and career growth/development that we offer at Centro. We are constantly striving to put our employees first, and are excited to see that it is apparent in what we do. If you have any additional feedback or questions, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net. -EVP, Talent and Development

"Best Decision I've Ever Made"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than a year

Pros

They truly empower us to be the expert in our field. They care! I've never felt more appreciated. Leadership across the company in on point. Work, life balance is truly a thing here. Benefits are great!

Cons

I would't say there really are any true cons, we all have bad days and nothing is perfect. But I have zero regrets coming to Centro.

Centro

Thank you for your kind feedback! One of our proudest accomplishments is that our people feel empowered, appreciated, and supported. We’re excited to continue to set the example in the industry with people like you on the team! If you have any additional feedback or questions, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net. -EVP, Talent and Development

8. "Good"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Generalist

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

good management and people to work with

Cons

need more communication and time off and value

Centro

Thank you for your feedback! We’re glad that the people and management stand out to you – they are the backbone of Centro! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your manager (or me directly) if you have any questions about our flexible time off policy or any of our other benefits or development programs – we want to make sure our employees feel in the know about everything that’s available to them. If you have any additional feedback or questions, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net. -EVP, Talent and Development

"Great place for Career Growth - if you're up for the challenge!"

Current Employee - Client Services Manager

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Echoing what has been said before of the overall amazing culture. Great chemistry across the teams that service our clients and a company that definitely values the people behind the levers. But something important to note is the overall career growth and skillset Centro arms its employees with. Given the varying clients, verticals, strategies and objectives, no day looks the same and no day comes without learning something new. Centro is exceptional at keeping people on their toes and challenges from both a work and personal growth perspective to be a better version of yourself every day.

Cons

Each office does great work, communication across the regions could use some improvement.

Centro

We really appreciate your constructive feedback! Helping our employees become a better version of themselves has always been a huge goal of ours, and we’re so happy you see the many possibilities for personal growth and development at Centro. You make a great point that no two days ever look the same! Additionally, your feedback about improving communication across regions is much appreciated. We’re continuing to work with leadership to ensure more consistency and communication across all regions – from interviewing best practices to workforce planning. Continuous growth and improvement is always the goal! If you have anything else to add we’d love to hear from you at tellusmore@centro.net. -EVP, Talent and Development

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Centro does a great job bringing in talented, intelligent and caring people. We have an incredible company culture that truly embodies it's core values and encourages personal growth for all employees. They offer ongoing training for all levels and help you create a career plan specialized with your manager. Unlimited FTO, Ferris Bueller days, Save the World days, etc. etc. Also offer yoga classes and guided meditation multiple times a week.

Cons

No dogs in the office! :(

Found 27 reviews