Centro Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Oct 11, 2019

4.8
Centro CEO Shawn Riegsecker
Shawn Riegsecker

"Centro is an incredible place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people. They are second to none. I have been able to grow so much professionally and personally from the amazing individuals who work across all our offices. We have amazing benefits, compensation AND lots of snacks ;)

Cons

There is truly nothing that I have to complain about, sure I could complain about how many emails are sitting in my inbox but in terms of the company... I am extremely happy to be here!

Advice to Management

Continue being open and sharing with the organization. I have never really felt "blocked out" by our management and executive teams since they have been very open about the company, issues and changes coming down the pipe.

Centro2018-03-02
  2. "Great!"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Centro full-time

Pros

Great people and great leadership

Cons

Adtech is a very competitive landscape, it is hard to stand out.

Centro2019-10-11

"My job IS as cool as my friends think it is."

Current Employee - Office Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Centro and fellow Centrons live by their principles. They are dedicated to the growth, well-being and the happiness of each other. It makes a world of difference spending everyday with people you genuinely like and care about. Great perks: *Fresh fruit and healthy snacks *$500 gym reimbursement per year *Monthly Happy Hour *Trip to Chicago for orientation *Hours are 10AM - 6PM Time Off: *10... 'Ferris Bueller' (personal) Days *3 weeks vacation *At your 4 year mark a mandatory paid sabbatical Benefits: Health and Dental 80% coverage

Cons

The hiring process was long... but I guess it's to make sure they pick the right people!

Advice to Management

We will be destined for success if we can keep the same environment as the company continues to grow!

Centro2015-03-11

"Truly one of the best places to work!"

Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro

Pros

Centro has all the trappings of a great place to work: great people; exciting work; cool perqs. But, what really makes the company special is its values. Centro not only explicitly states that it believes that lasting success comes from individual growth and well-being (see: the Centro Manifesto) - which is cool - but, it actively lives these values every day. That is truly unique in this day and age, and the... fundamental reason underlying why you should want to work here.

Cons

The biggest challenge about life at Centro is working in a fast-growing, cutting-edge environment. You need to be adaptable, quick on your feet, and be able to work in a place (and industry) where the rules are still being written. This can be exciting to some, but challenging to others.

Advice to Management

Stick to the vision, without compromising the values that make Centro unique, and the rest will take care of itself.

Centro2014-12-17

"Centro is a super duper fantastic company to work for!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Where do I start? People are truly awesome to work with. I don't look at them as colleagues but more like family. For me fit is fundamental and I have found it! Open office concept is great to learn, collaborate and feed off each others energy. SO many benefits such as health, gym, RRSP matching, stocked kitchen, happy hours etc. Bottom line I worked for MANY companies and Centro has been the best experience thus... far!

Cons

Can get really loud in the office which makes it's hard to hear on the phone. Sometimes there is evil food in the kitchen like cake, cookies and brownies which is quite frustrating.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! :)

Centro2014-12-17

"Great place for Career Growth - if you're up for the challenge!"

Current Employee - Client Services Manager

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Echoing what has been said before of the overall amazing culture. Great chemistry across the teams that service our clients and a company that definitely values the people behind the levers. But something important to note is the overall career growth and skillset Centro arms its employees with. Given the varying clients, verticals, strategies and objectives, no day looks the same and no day comes without learning... something new. Centro is exceptional at keeping people on their toes and challenges from both a work and personal growth perspective to be a better version of yourself every day.

Cons

Each office does great work, communication across the regions could use some improvement.

Centro2019-09-23

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Centro does a great job bringing in talented, intelligent and caring people. We have an incredible company culture that truly embodies it's core values and encourages personal growth for all employees. They offer ongoing training for all levels and help you create a career plan specialized with your manager. Unlimited FTO, Ferris Bueller days, Save the World days, etc. etc. Also offer yoga classes and guided... meditation multiple times a week.

Cons

No dogs in the office! :(

Centro2019-01-10

"Great Company, Great Culture, Great Place to Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of encouragement to learn and grow on the job. Unfortunately, it's so hard to get in now that I'm not sure that they're even hiring anyone who'd need to learn on the job. Great people. I personally had wonderful managers.

Cons

U.S. based offices could use a lot more ethnic diversity. I had a lot of friends interview without much explanation as to why they did not move forward in the process. Some of the sales leadership comes off a little sleazy.

Centro2019-01-22

"Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Centro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a company that truly cares about people and wants the best culture. The work can also be exciting with new technologies and new clients. There is growth opportunity for hard working people. I've seen people grow their careers at Centro.

Cons

Tolerates poor performance with some employees longer than necessary.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and over communicating the company vision and mission. Keep pushing to be the best place to work in the industry.

Centro2017-09-19

"Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Centro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, benefits and perks. Opportunities to give back in your local community. Management committed to improving the industry as a whole and growing employees along the way. Dedication to continuous innovation.

Cons

Workload expectations sometimes unrealistic. Open work-space is distracting and lowers productivity.

Advice to Management

Consider cutting back on arbitrary perks and adding staff.

Centro2017-06-09