Central Garden & Pet Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Aug 10, 2020

Found 14 of over 269 reviews

3.5
Central Garden & Pet CEO Tim Cofer
Tim Cofer
Pros
  • "You meet a lot of great people and develop great relationships(in 14 reviews)

• "The company is great for work life balance and generally a positive place to work(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "upper management not always engaged(in 9 reviews)

• "The work environment is hostile and by that I mean cursing, throwing/grabbing items aggressively and loudly exclaiming about anything wrong being done(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Division

Aug 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

This division is one of the best in the organization. Great people!!

Cons

Nothing to speak of at this time

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! The people at Central really make the difference and our Schaumburg team is top-notch!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

It’s a great starting point

Jan 15, 2020 - Territory Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

You meet a lot of great people and develop great relationships.

Cons

You will sell millions of dollars of product, but do not expect any kind of bonus, other than a “Good Job”.

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for writing a review - we continually look for ways to reward our employees. If you have suggestions on what we can do better, please talk with your manager or HR.

3. 5.0
      Former Intern

Overall great company, and a great place to work

Sep 11, 2019 - Distribution Intern in Madison, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hard working company that puts the customer first and works every day to continually improve. Great people and company culture!

Cons

No cons from my experience with Central.

4. 5.0

Merchandiser

Oct 10, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great job, hard working people

Cons

Not really any cons for Central

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our merchandisers do a great job on both the garden and pet sides of the business.

5. 5.0
      Current Intern

Great coworkers, professional environment, and amazing learning experience!

Jul 28, 2017 - Anonymous Intern in Walnut Creek, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management is friendly and approachable. Made me feel valued as an intern and gave me the right amount of projects to not feel overwhelmed. Great people, professional environment, always quick to help out if you need it. Enjoyed my time here and learned a tremendous amount.

Cons

No cons to share. Truly great company and work environment.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Avoid working in Information Technology here

Sep 25, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some great people working here. The individuals working within each business line seem to really understand their business. Nice to be part of an organization that delivers commodity products that many people use.

Cons

To address some of the prior negative comments that have been made regarding specific individuals. The Corporate CFO has left the company (2015). The CEO is a personable individual and is a great cheerleader but needs to lead more. Corporate IT is considered purely an expense organization. There is no desire to drive the business forward using technology and business practices reflect such. This is a place for one to let their IT careers die. Further, the IT Management is a good 'ole boy network. They don't trust their employees unless they can keep an eye on them. The CIO is a micro-manager, a yes-man to the business nor can he be trusted...while emphasizing one direction he may already be making plans to go another direction. While I gave an overall rating of 3 for the company, within IT I would only rate this company as...avoid.

6 people found this review helpful

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

7. 3.0

Import

Sep 16, 2015 - Import Administrative Assistant in Taunton, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

work with great people in team setting.

Cons

Constantly downsizing as they are very corporate and only look at numbers and not people in general.

3 people found this review helpful

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

8. 4.0

Worked four years

Apr 5, 2015 - Merchandiser in Palm Bay, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Very flexible. Able to create schedule around any issues you have. Etablished teams whom are very positive

Cons

Going in to on average 3 stores a day lifting fertilizer changer tiring but gives you a good workout. Having drama from Scott's

Director of Talent Acquisition

We LOVE our merchandisers! Thanks for all of your hard work over the past four years.

9. 2.0

Indecisive Upper Management

Jun 25, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people. There are some really great people at this company with many years of industry knowledge

Cons

Upper management can't pick a plan and stick to it. Moreover they cant execute any of their plans with any accuracy, integrity or clarity. They have 'great' ideas that they execute poorly and instead of fixing them properly they resort to band-aids and knee jerk reactions to fix problems.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

I enjoy what I do at my company in spite of the challenges that exist

Oct 16, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people (overall), competent products, established image, multiple locations, strong brands, good team functionality for major 3 retailers

Cons

limited marketing budgets to go up against competitors, employees feel undervalued, not teleworking friendly, lacks communication between segments and clear pathways to move projects along the path (winding that it may be)

2 people found this review helpful