Central Garden & Pet Reviews

Found 247 of over 269 reviews

3.3
Central Garden & Pet CEO Tim Cofer
Tim Cofer
Pros
  • "You meet a lot of great people and develop great relationships(in 14 reviews)

• "The company is great for work life balance and generally a positive place to work(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "upper management not always engaged(in 9 reviews)

• "The work environment is hostile and by that I mean cursing, throwing/grabbing items aggressively and loudly exclaiming about anything wrong being done(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

Unlimited Career Opportunity

Jul 12, 2021 - Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

Central has been a wonderful company. The leadership is very invested in developing all employees. The CEO truly cares about everyone and welcomes new ideas and is passionate about our consumer, customer, and culture. I am so excited to be with a company who is loves to win, grow every day while being entrepreneurial.

Cons

Because Central has so many business units, it can take some time to navigate and learn the company.

Central Garden & Pet Response

Thank you for the review - we continue to work to keep Central a great place to work!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Sep 13, 2021 - Digital Content Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary, great employees, great culture.

Cons

Very hands-on work and old systems.

Central Garden & Pet Response

Thank you for the positive review - we continue to work to keep Central a great place to work!

3. 5.0

Slat fr

Sep 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome place to work very nice leadership

Cons

Idk why glass door makes me do this

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working with Central Pet & our customers within an assigned territory.

Sep 9, 2021 - Retail Merchandiser in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working conditions are good, ac in the summer & heated in the winter. Most days are spent working independently, putting our products on the shelf & merchandising as well.

Cons

The $ hourly rate isn’t great..that’s about my only con. Solid benefit package helps ease the pain.

Central Garden & Pet Response

Thank you for the positive review r - we continue to work to keep Central a great place to work!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Progressive and Generous Company

Aug 3, 2021 - Human Resources Generalist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Always looking for ways to innovate and grow both in business aspects and in their employees. The company is continuously looking to be more sustainable and invest in their employees futures and continue to be competitive in the market.

Cons

I do not have any cons for the company at this time.

Central Garden & Pet Response

Thank you for the positive review. We strive to keep Central a great place to work!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Overall an excellent entry level position

Jul 31, 2021 - Territory Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership and consistent training to stay on top of product updates and sales program's.

Cons

No time for personal life. Some weekends need to be worked and late nights during busy times.

Central Garden & Pet Response

We are happy you have confidence in Central and our leadership and that you appreciated the trainings provided to help you advance in your career. We are sorry to hear that your schedule was not what you were expecting. While we try to be as open as possible about the anticipated hours of every position, sometimes, given the seasonality of our business, there are instances where it is best to set displays, merchandise and replenish inventory in stores during off-hours and weekends. Maintaining a work-life balance is important to us and we appreciate that you took the time to let us know that this was not your experience. We are committed to creating a healthy working environment and will be looking into how we can address this feedback.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Overall good job

Jul 26, 2021 - Mercahndiser
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with with flexible work schedule.

Cons

Lots of down time in winter months.

Central Garden & Pet Response

“Thank you so much for your sharing your feedback. As Central Garden is a very seasonal business with peak season being spring and summer, there could be rare instances in which there is some downtime during the winter months”

8. 3.0

Avg

Jul 19, 2021 - Finance Director in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team atmosphere and entrepreneurial environment

Cons

Comp typically below market for role

Central Garden & Pet Response

At this level position, we strive to be competitive with our total compensation package.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good Company

Jul 5, 2021 - Assistant Arborist in Hong Kong
      Business Outlook

Pros

Warm, everybody is kind, it is a great environment

Cons

Working hour is a bit long

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the kind review but I think you meant this for another company, as we don't have arborists in Hong Kong.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Jun 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Room for advancement. Encouraged to improve skills and train. Good pay and great benefits

Cons

Communicationbarriers between departments. Lots of great older talent about to age out and retire without enough young talent to take over.

1 person found this review helpful