- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA, United States Area
- - Los Angeles, CA, United States Area
- - Riverside, CA, United States Area
- - Sacramento, CA, United States Area
- - San Diego, CA, United States Area
- - San Jose, CA, United States Area
- - Alabama
- - Birmingham, AL, United States Area
- - Montgomery, AL, United States Area
- - Arizona
- - Phoenix, AZ, United States Area
- - Arkansas
- - Fayetteville, AR, United States Area
- - Florida
- - Palm Bay, FL
- - Jacksonville, FL, United States Area
- - Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States Area
- - Tampa, FL, United States Area
- - Georgia
- - Madison, GA
- - Atlanta, GA, United States Area
- - Idaho
- - Boise, ID, United States Area
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL, United States Area
- - Springfield, IL, United States Area
- - Maryland
- - Baltimore, MD, United States Area
- - Massachusetts
- - Boston, MA, United States Area
- - Providence, RI, United States Area
- - Michigan
- - Kalamazoo, MI, United States Area
- - New Jersey
- - Neptune City, NJ
- - New York City, NY, United States Area
- - New York State
- - North Carolina
- - Charlotte, NC, United States Area
- - Ohio
- - Cincinnati, OH, United States Area
- - Oklahoma
- - Seminole, OK
- - Pennsylvania
- - Pittsburgh, PA, United States Area
- - South Carolina
- - Myrtle Beach, SC, United States Area
- - Tennessee
- - Johnson City, TN, United States Area
- - Nashville, TN, United States Area
- - Texas
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX, United States Area
- - Houston, TX, United States Area
- - Washington State
- - Seattle, WA, United States Area
- - Wisconsin
- - Appleton, WI, United States Area
- - Green Bay, WI, United States Area
- - Milwaukee, WI, United States Area
- Brazil - All Cities
- - Federal District
- - Brasilia, Brazil Area
- Ireland - All Cities
- - Dublin
- - Dublin, Ireland Area
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Featured ReviewRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Central is a traditionally "old school" company. When covid hit I was nervous how this would affect the work flow. Central has done an amazing job adjusting to the new world.
nothing I can think of. Promotion is up to you.Continue reading
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have all had to make adjustments over the past year and I'm happy to hear you are happy with how Central has adapted to this new way of working. Our CEO, Tim Cofer, has led us to a record year and continues to move the company forward.
- Current Employee★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good benefits and profit sharing
Very systems heavy; corporate down
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Close to the beach and bagel Friday’s.
Can’t speak for the entirety of the company, only the NJ business unit pod, which manages the largest Dog and Cat brands, namely Nylabone, Four Paws and IMS Cadet. The Leadership perpetuates a culture where employees are not to be trusted. This in turn creates an environment with no morale where you will be stripped of basic privileges. You are watched from the time you clock in, how long of a lunch you take, where you park and how productive you are (they have tracking software installed in your machine and regular audits. They will question you on everything you click). Work from home is not permitted in any capacity with no exceptions, even bad weather. We were forced to come in many times during state of emergency (for snow and hurricane-level winds) in addition to being coerced into working at the office throughout COVID despite cases spreading in the office. Most employees lack necessary experience at all levels. There is no praise or appreciation for your work and teams are highly competitive against one another for no reason. You are not given the autonomy to manage anything in your role, and there is a lot of micromanagement and inability to try new things. The brands and products are mostly market leading so it was extremely disappointing to have the company end up being so toxic. Left before the one year mark because of how unhealthy it was to work there. They took a fantastic, fun industry and somehow made it miserable. I urge you to stay away, especially from any Marketing and eCommerce roles.Continue reading
At Central Garden & Pet, we are dedicated to creating a strong working culture that is motivated to achieve our company goals, while also helping our employees reach their personal goals and build lifelong careers. We’re sorry to hear that this was not your experience. The statements in your review do not accurately describe the culture of this location and contain some false information. Our New Jersey business has experienced explosive growth and relies on and rewards employees who have a desire to contribute to the organization. Without our talented and committed workforce, we would not be successful. In addition, we take the health and safety of our employees very seriously and have closed the facility when it has been unsafe for employees to travel to work or when COVID issues arose. If you would like to discuss these allegations with our head of Human Resources, please send an email to email@example.com and you can be put in touch with her.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It is quite grand honestly
Maybe not as grand as they say thoughContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
You have a job and get a measly paycheck.
Overworked. Underpaid. No appreciation. Only people getting money are higher ups sitting in pretty offices.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
If you want to work for nothing I need a job then this is for you.
Terrible terrible company and pay for hard labor and having to breathe in chemicals.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Not many considering the culture is very toxic, management has no control and will curse you out. I almost witnessed a FIGHT!
Territory managers are always talking bad about the company and always put blame on each other, they are very unorganized and unprofessional. Most of them don’t even know how to do basic task, instead they depend on their merchandiser. They should lead out of example, get dirty and do the work so they can learn and teach. District managers are the same size if not worst, they always down talk the company and they encourage employees not to ask questions just do as they are told. This gives the impression that merchandiser should never have ideas or suggestions that will help sales, no growth! No leadership or guidance when it come to COVID-19 protocols and ways of staying safe, PPE is very rare. Last but not leased HR will ways be in favor of territory and district managers, the lower levels employees are treated like trash/replaceable.Continue reading
Your comments are concerning and not representative of the culture of Central or the expectations of our managers. If you would like to discuss your concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be put in touch with Human Resources.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people. Honestly love my team, manager and all.
The position is grossly undercompensated for the responsibility and demand. The company makes great money, you don't.Continue reading
Central is experiencing rapid growth in all of our business units and we recently acquired 3 new companies! Our approach is not to acquire a company and force change, but rather, learn the new company and have an integration plan that is logical for all parties. This takes time and effort but we have a great team at Central that makes this happen.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
A lot of overtime and frequent breaks.
Extremely long days due to being short handed.Continue reading
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our volume is up in many of our locations and overtime is required to keep up. Did you know we have a referral program? Refer a friend who gets hired and you can receive $500!
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people to work with, fun environment, great culture, and awesome benefits!
Like other companies we are short staffed in areas.
Thank you for the positive review! Our HR team is top-notch and we are thankful for all of them!