Central Garden & Pet Anonymous Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Central Garden & Pet CEO George Roeth
George Roeth

"Best Job I've Had!!!"

I have been working at Central Garden & Pet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I always find it interesting how the anonymity of the internet seems to produce such negative stuff that is never representative of the whole. It's unfortunate that one or two disgruntled employees can make an entire place look bad. I absolutely LOVE it here. The management team are down to earth and caring human beings. I feel valued and appreciated for the work I do and I hope to stay here the rest of my... career!

Cons

The company as a whole is very complex and segmented so it can be a bit difficult at times especially when trying to learn at the start - it can be a steep learning curve. But for people who like a challenge and always looking for ways to do things better, this is the place!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and know that what you do matters to all of us!

Central Garden & Pet2019-08-01

Central Garden & Pet Response

August 1, 2019Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! We truly strive to make Central a great place to work and really appreciate you taking the time to tell the Internet!

"Good local company"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Central Garden & Pet full-time

Pros

Local company with great brands. Smart, dedicated employees.

Cons

Advantages of brands over competition is not marketed. Mass confusion as to direction of the company. Overall non-cohesive and competing divisions.

Central Garden & Pet2015-07-06
  3. "They pay you what your worth. Work hard and your compensated."

Anonymous in Boise, ID

I have been working at Central Garden & Pet

Pros

They have good benefits,Med,Dental, Optical. Linda who manages Boise is an Excellent manager and person in General. She is fair and genuine in the way she cares for her employees. She has an open door policy along with her managers. If you work hard and have the companies best interest at heart your paid well. Advancement and raises are fair. The atmosphere is nice,calm and your not Mico managed to death. I love... coming to work everyday.

Cons

They could use more in classes to help motivate employees, maybe motivational speakers, classes to teach others how to get along and communicate better. They could have a little better PTO system. Maybe combine their sick pay into PTO and have more vacation time open.

Advice to Management

Management there is great, they work hard at motivating teams, training and helping employees to move up.

Central Garden & Pet2014-12-21

Central Garden & Pet Response

May 8, 2015Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the positive feedback!

Found 3 reviews