Catapult Marketing Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jul 24, 2017

3.5
Catapult Marketing Chief Executive Officer Paul Kramer (no image)
Paul Kramer
Pros
  • "Interesting work, good work life balance (most of the time)(in 14 reviews)

• "Great coworkers, Alliance Data (parent company of parent company) has great benefits though those may change with new sale(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Parent company Epsilon struggles to "get" the agency business(in 5 reviews)

• "Long hours, tough turn arounds, at times a lot of confusion from senior management(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent Company that values employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture varies by office, but overall a well managed company that values employees. Interesting work, good work life balance (most of the time). Minneapolis has a great office space. Good benefits for a company of this size.

Cons

Normal ad agency stuff: clients come and go and there is always some uncertainty, but leadership makes every attempt to find a home for everyone on a new account when one leaves.

2. "Great Company"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Catapult Marketing

Pros

Decent work life balance and opportunity for growth

Cons

sometimes requirements can be very corporate but overall limited cons

3. "Catapult Rocks!"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time

Pros

1. Great leadership and upper management team 2. Good office atmosphere 3. Good work/life balance 4. Great people/talent 5. There's opportunity to grow within the company which is a huge plus 6. Impressive list of clients 7. Social environment 8. Good benefits 9. Great CEO

Cons

1. The workload can be heavy at times but in the long run, it's a good thing 2. The parking situation can be difficult at times but this is also a good thing because it means the company is growing.

"6 years and counting"

Current Employee - Account Director

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time

Pros

Work/life balance: very open to personal needs; strong parent company means great benefits

Cons

Inter-agency competition, highly charged political atmosphere, very cliquey, people tend to work in silos

5. "Account Director"

I worked at Catapult Marketing

Pros

Great work-life balance. This is a great forward thinking marketing agency. Has long lasting relationships with clients and is winning new clients every year.

Cons

Some regional offices lack headcount to meet the work load.

"Account Executive"

I worked at Catapult Marketing

Pros

Good work / life balance, excellent benefits and pretty competitive pay.

Cons

The variety of accounts to work on is lacking.

"Good company, but room for improvement"

Current Employee - Account in Minneapolis, MN
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time

Pros

Catapult has some very talented people working for them. We produce great work that we can be proud of. Work/life balance is good, but depends on which team you are on and role you are in. Some teams better than others. It is a creative and fun environment to work in. Great coworkers.

Cons

We have grown so quickly that there are some growing pains. Finding employees fast enough to fill positions is a challenge, therefore burdening already busy employees. Compensation is below what is should be. But benefits are decent.

Continue reading
  8. "Great people to work with, wonderful working environment"

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

We have a great group of people to work with at our office. No office drama and everyone is a team player. Lots of exposure to different types of projects and brainstorming opportunities; out of the box thinking is highly encouraged. Work-life balance is the best I've ever experienced.

Cons

On-boarding is not the best....kind of sink or swim. Bonuses and raises leave much to be desired, not as promised while interviewing.

"I've been here a long time, and I like it a lot — but there are down sides."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people are the #1 reason I've stayed as long as I have. The community of growth, flexibility, collaboration and just plain hard work is second to none. It's a company where self-motivated employees are rewarded with career-building opportunities, and the broad array of clients mean you can get exposure to a number of different disciplines at once. Plus now that we're owned by a larger company (Epsilon), benefits are competitive and fair — insurance offerings and time off policies are in line with the competition, plus there are some extras that are really nice (example: back up daycare included)

Cons

Like any agency, the work/life balance is a struggle. "The speed of shopper marketing" is used as an excuse for unreasonably tight timelines and poorly staffed accounts, and when hires are — finally — approved the recruiting, interviewing and hiring process is complicated, lengthy and largely ineffective. This means that meeting expectation in a normal 8-9 hour work day is extremely difficult — days are hectic and require better than average efficiency and prioritization for success. Pay isn't great, but it's not terrible either.

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Art Director in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Catapult Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance Smart/creative people Casual yet professional environment Room for advancement Full benefits/401k matching

Cons

Constant growth means constant evolution. It can be challenging to roll with all the changes.

Found 18 reviews