Casino Rama Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Table Games Dealer"

Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Orillia, ON
    Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Orillia, ON

I worked at Casino Rama part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, decent pay, company treats you well

Cons

Some supervisors are extremely rude

2. "Good mostly, just a few unethical so called leaders"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orillia, ON

I have been working at Casino Rama part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employer in that community

Cons

There seems to be some bullying of certain people they feel don’t fit in. A few leaders that are in a leadership role that don’t treat some employees very well, and those very few persons shouldn’t be in those leadership roles. Those same people don’t discipline people in a ethical way, they talk with all the other members and talk about how their going to go after that individual causing other members permission to gang up on that person as well. Then there are problems with the bullied person showing up to work, go figure !!

Advice to Management

Get rid of those individuals that don’t treat others fairly with respect and keep discipline matters internally not shared with all other members of the team, that’s not handling things properly.

3. "Good if you are okay with possibility of grave shifts"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Orillia, ON
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Orillia, ON

I have been working at Casino Rama full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Free meals at staff cafeteria, lots of opportunities for advancement if you are a good worker.

Cons

Working on statutory holidays although I love it because I get paid time and a half

4. "Casino Rama"

I have been working at Casino Rama part-time

Pros

Employees work as a team.

Cons

It doesn't seem like work!

Casino Rama Response

9 Sep, 2017 – Communications Specialist

We love hearing from our C.R.E.W.! Thanks for sharing your feedback on Glassdoor.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orillia, ON

Pros

Full time benefits are very good
    PTO time is accrued at a high rate over time
    Lots of perks, free meal every day
    Free turkey at thanksgiving and Christmas
    Free ham at Easter

Cons

Union can potentially be difficult.

Casino Rama Response

6 Jun, 2017 – Communications Specialist

Thanks for sharing your expereince on Glassdoor - we love to hear feedback from our C.R.E.W. members.

6. "Table Games Dealer"

Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Rama, SK
    Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Rama, SK

Pros

The employees are friendly, the customers are great and the work place environment is fun.

Cons

Time goes by too fast.

Advice to Management

Keeping doing what you are doing.

7. "Server"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orillia, ON

I have been working at Casino Rama part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If your status first nation you work tax free. Lots of great employees and patrons. Free lunch and free transportation to work through school bus from Orillia to Casino. Free turkey for christmas and thanksgiving and ham for easter. Now unionized!

Cons

Havent had a raise in very long time. Yearly bonus taken away. My current manager has favorites and shows that.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees good and youll have happy workers.

8. "Casino Rama has helped me grow in the Hospitality Industry!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Orillia, ON
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Orillia, ON

I have been working at Casino Rama full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Casino Rama is a great company as they are devoted to both their patrons as well as their CREW! Great atmosphere, amazing people, and their is always rooms to learn and grow as a professional!

Cons

You always have to make the best out of a bad situation! However, I don't find many cons working for Casino Rama. Shift work in a company that is operational 24 hours a day/365 days a year was challenging at first.

Advice to Management

Work with your employees! Each one of them appreciate everything we do for them both on the floor and in the Back of House!

9. "Beverage Bartender"

Current Employee - Beverage Bartender in Midland, ON
    Current Employee - Beverage Bartender in Midland, ON

I have been working at Casino Rama part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm involved directly with the patrons who frequent the casino. I've learned a lot from not only my fellow co workers but from the patrons as well.
    I also play a major part in keeping patrons safe when it comes to implementing my knowledge of safe and responsible gaming as well as pacing the alcoholic consumption of each patron.
    This allows me to be a major part in making sure that patrons are safe, happy and enjoying their memorable stay at Casino Rama.

Cons

I will say that there are always cons to any place or anything you do in life. If I had to pick one, I would have to say that its been a struggle having my voice heard. For instance, I have asked for a year and a half to expand my knowledge of my department by hopefully getting training in other areas (i.e. Beverage Server). Because I still haven't had a chance to receive any feedback on gaining an alternate position in my department it has left me slightly discouraged.

Another example is that I've also mentioned to management about getting food back into the Dreamcatcher Sports Bar. I've been asking for almost my entire time working with the casino (i.e. almost 2 years). The response I received was that there were not enough bodies to have a kitchen staff on hand at all times as well as there wasn't enough business going around the existing restaurants during the weekdays, therefore placing food in the Dreamcatcher Sports Bar would only steal business from neighboring restaurants.

Both of those reasons were valid reasons, however, I had the suggestion of having food available in the Dreamcatcher Sports Bar for select times during the weekend, especially on show nights.

I had begun to log how many individuals asked me if there was food available at this location.
    I immediately discovered that within three hours, we could have made an extra $4,000 in sales.

Now, finally there is food available in the bar, however I don't feel like my voice was ultimately heard. It feels like someone else is taking the credit and I'm the one saying "I told you so"

Advice to Management

My advice to management is listening to the voices that are trying to be heard, as well as taking advantage of the employees who want to expand their knowledge and excel in their department.

10. "We deal excitement big time"

Pros

A great place to work. Fun people, treated very well by management. Free transportation from downtown Orillia, free parking, a free meal when working. A great experience.

Cons

Not many at all, none that affect myself