Cover image for Carefor Health & Community Services

Healthcare

13h

a

HIM

I'm a RN by title but left the profession to pursue other things. I'm currently in HIM dept at our local hospital, I'm tossing around becoming a coder. Has anyone on here ever switch gears and branched of their nursing education and go to coding or something in healthcare? Please share your experiences or suggestions.

24 Comments

Healthcare

125.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Carefor Health & Community Services~479066
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Carefor Health & Community Services? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Carefor Health & Community Services employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Love it!

Sep. 15, 2022 - CCW
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible schedule multiple locations so you dont get bored

Cons

short on staff, so lots of OT

2. 3.0

OK

Dec. 1, 2022 - Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, Good benefits in general

Cons

low salary as it is a non for profit

3. Join the Carefor Health & Community Services team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great experience

Sep. 14, 2022 - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Home Care
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomous work. Steady pace not too busy

Cons

No cons I enjoyed my time there

5. 5.0

Psw

Sep. 10, 2022 - Psw Personal Support Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company. I really enjoyed working here.

Cons

More full time positions needed

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

So happy to be making a difference in the Ottawa region

Aug. 29, 2022 - Administrative Staff in Ottawa, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working in a future focused environment Working in support of some of the most vulnerable people in the community Hybrid work environment

Cons

Current staffing shortages in some areas means occassional stress

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Aug. 29, 2022 - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Ottawa, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Its a good organization with great team for early careers

Cons

Too Manual work sometimes Slow Growth

8. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work you like a slave. Avoid

Aug. 19, 2022 - Personal Support Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

No body gives a thing about you Provides you with smartphone to track you

Cons

Horrible experience with this company - Don't let the high pay fools you. They will work you like a slave - Management has no communication with each others. - Management don't give a thing about you. They posted your schedule, you accepted. Then they went on changing it which conflicted with some of your personal stuff. Then they got mad because you can't work on that time and complained that you wanted off that day. - No paid time while waiting for clients. Have 2-3 clients a day (in my lucky day). And spent almost 8h outside because of wait time and travel. Then got paid for almost nothing. So why should I work at this job and waste my whole day for low pay? - No coordination with clients. Scheduler gives schedule, sometimes too early. Then when confirming with clients, they don't want that time. They want later... So basically, I have to push everything in my day just to satisfy the client. Seriously??? Now I understand why the higher pay than other care facilities. They will work you like a slave

Continue reading

Manager, Talent Management and HR Advisory

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience at Carefor, and appreciate that you have taken the time to share your review with us. Although this feedback is not typical for us as we strive to provide a supportive and flexible work environment, all feedback is very important to us and helps us continue to improve our employee experience. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you to learn more about your experience and encourage you to contact us at hr@carefor.ca.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Excellent coworkers

Jul. 5, 2022 - Registered Practical Nurse/Personal Support Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are like family and work together as a team

Cons

Pay is very low compared to other facilities and workload

Manager, Talent Management and HR Advisory

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Carefor. We are proud of the caring and collaborative teams we work with at Carefor. We are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience and would welcome the opportunity to speak to you regarding your experience. We encourage you to contact us at hr@carefor.ca.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It’s ok

Jul. 10, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Ottawa, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, autonomy and independence

Cons

Poor support, no one cares about you.

Continue reading

Manager, Talent Management and HR Advisory

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Carefor. We strive to provide a flexible and supportive employee experience, and are always working to find ways to improve. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you regarding your experience and encourage you to contact us at hr@carefor.ca.

11. 1.0

….

Jun. 19, 2022 - Care Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team environment, developed strong skills

Cons

Understaffed and undersupported, lots of lack of communication throughout and misdirected expectations.

1 person found this review helpful

Manager, Talent Management and HR Advisory

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Carefor. We are very proud of our teams and the strong skills that they develop at Carefor. All feedback is important to us and will help us continue to improve our employee experience. We welcome a chance to learn from you directly and invite you to contact our Human Resources team at hr@carefor.ca.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Reviews
</>Embed

Carefor Health & Community Services Reviews FAQs

Carefor Health & Community Services has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 52 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Carefor Health & Community Services to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Carefor Health & Community Services employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Carefor Health & Community Services. This rating has improved by 18% over the last 12 months.

69% of Carefor Health & Community Services employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Carefor Health & Community Services 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Carefor Health & Community Services Job Seekers