Cover image for CareerUp

CareerUp Reviews

Updated Mar. 30, 2022

Found 16 of over 32 reviews

4.8

What people are saying about CareerUp

Join the conversation on

Teachers

216.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=CareerUp~1198698
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about CareerUp? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with CareerUp employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question
  1. 5.0

Such a healthy environment

Mar. 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the positive energy!

Cons

I have yet to experience any cons

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Empowering Company!

Mar. 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

CareerUp has changed my life. I love how empowered I feel and the experience growth I have gotten on a personal, vocational, and professional level.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Amazing team

Mar. 16, 2022 - Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

-An amazing team of dedicated, hard-working professionals -Very inclusive, open, and transparent work environment -Environment where everyone is invited to share ideas and listened to -The mission: helping amazing candidates launch their careers, open possibilities of employment, and change the way access to opportunities is working is really an important mission in my opinion.

Cons

- Since the Covid 19 pandemic, it has been challenging to get the team together and really maintain our culture and bonds.

Continue reading
  4. 5.0

Great place to work

Feb. 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management team actively listens to all team members' input. Things may get put on the back burner occasionally but there are always tons of things to do in a growing startup!

Cons

Because of the seasonality of the business, there are times that you will need to put your head down and move forward. Luckily, they are very open with taking time off as needed to recharge.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Such an amazing company and people!

Dec. 6, 2020 - Career Coach in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Such a positive workspace. I love making a difference in peoples life and helping them gain the experience they need to attain their dreams!

Cons

There is no cons here!

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

Cool company and a fun team

Jun. 23, 2016 - Admissions Team in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked on SK Pacific's Admissions team. They offer programs for college students to do internships in Asia that are a lot like a study abroad program. I really enjoyed it because I got to work with students from all around the world and help them accomplish their professional goals. My job was to learn what their specific professional goals were, then to find companies that were a good match.

Cons

The program is pretty expensive. It is actually a great value and the students live in very nice accommodations, but it is not affordable for a some students unless they can get scholarships or loans.

6 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Great culture, great team

Jun. 27, 2016 - Admissions Coordinator in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working for SK Pacific for over a year now. They offer great conditions and a chance to work directly with a very experienced management team. It's also really rewarding to keep in touch with some of the students and young professionals we send abroad before, during and after their experience. They seem to have a blast living abroad.

Cons

It's too bad they weren't around when I was in college.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Operations

Jun. 27, 2016 - Operations Manager in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

First of all, I just love the idea and mission behind this company. I really feel like education is coming towards a shift and that alternative education and professional experience is the most important asset in a young professional's skill set to enter the job market. It's really gratifying to be able to be able to help these young and ambitious students and graduates to develop their potential. The experience is quite transparent and candidates are just so happy about their internships and overall that going to work every day is literally so motivating, you just feel like you are doing the best thing you could be doing right now with life.

Cons

The company is growing quite quickly, everything needs to constantly reshaped and rethought to sustain the growth. It can be quite a challenge sometimes. Every part of your work is super important and the management are definitely putting some pressure for the team to achieve nothing else than the best experience possible for the consumer. Long but fun work hours.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful way to boost your career

Mar. 17, 2022 - Career Coach in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with CareerUp allows me the opportunity to change the lives of so many. It is a true joy to be able to assist people from all over the world.

Cons

I started working with the company at the beginning of the pandemic so I have been fully remote and haven’t met the team in person yet.

Continue reading
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to work with

Mar. 17, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Valenzuela
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Great Colleagues *Approachable and friendly teammates and bosses *I get to spend more time with my family and friends since I'm working from home. *No more time spent traveling to work. *Competitive salary *No Micromanaging

Cons

I can't think of any so far

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews

CareerUp Reviews FAQs

CareerUp has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 32 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at CareerUp to a friend and 93% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CareerUp employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CareerUp. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.

93% of CareerUp employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CareerUp 5.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 5.0 for culture and values and 4.9 for career opportunities.