Career Movement Reviews

Updated Oct 1, 2022

Found 14 of over 14 reviews

4.9
Career Movement CEO Ryan King (no image)
Ryan King

64 Comments

Tech

336.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Career Movement~1338362
Join the conversation on
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Recruitment experience

Oct 1, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Able to use linkedin to find future talent.

Cons

One of this company's recruiter reach out me showing interest. I responded within ample time and was expected to get on a call within 2-3 hours. I explained I was not able to make it during this time. They mentioned that this was okay, and provide me another day and time for the initial call. The intended day to meet comes around, I asked to confirm. I did not hear back from the recruiter. Unprofessional.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

great company

Jun 24, 2021 - Technical Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

great people, culture, fun office

Cons

high turn over rate of people not wanting to stay since everyone hired is entry level and unsure of being in recruiting in general.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company to work for!

Jun 3, 2021 - Talent Engagement in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for! Incredible people, culture, and benefits. Lots of training and resources when starting out too.

Cons

Not any I can think of

4. 5.0

A Fun and Enjoyable Place to work

Apr 30, 2020 - Technical Recruiter in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great group of people working here- funny, outgoing, optimistic, everyone is easy to get along with and has a great attitude. A Highly motivated team that crushes their goals We do a lot of activities as an office and have an open environment so the culture is great. There's a ping pong table, basketball hoop, snacks, and it's in a great location with tons of local eateries.

Cons

The days go too quickly and I have to wait until tomorrow to be back with the team

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team with amazing management

Apr 20, 2020 - Talent Acquisition Specialist in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome work environment, great mix of laid back and team motivation to get things done. Open, dog friendly work space, very collaborative and tight-nit family culture. Not only do your immediate managers care about your success but the CEO and partners are extremely supportive in work and in life. They truly care about their employees and have proven time and time again that they will do everything they can to help us succeed.

Cons

The Job is hard, you need to have thick skin and be able to take criticism from a place of learning and growth, not taking anything personal. With that being said, I don't think this is a bad thing at all especially since I have grown so much from getting feed back without anyone beating around the bush. They just tell it how it is.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great introduction to the recruiting field with an awesome culture and start up vibe

Aug 6, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing people - Very team oriented - Welcoming/ inclusive - Fun office while still being structured where you can do your work. - big open office space which encourages team bonding

Cons

Team can be blunt (although I think this is a pro because I need criticism to get better)

7. 5.0

Awesome team and company

Jun 27, 2019 - Associate in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- coworkers - career growth - Management is always helpful - Fun company outings - basketball hoop, ping pong,

Cons

As with any sales job, you have to be hungry for success

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to learn a lot and gain a real world MBA!

Jun 27, 2019 - Associate II in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Career Movement has an amazing mentorship program. Most people are hired at the entry level then they given all the tools to build a successful career in recruiting. You'll be surrounded by people with incredible experience in the industry and who will help you grow. I will never forget in my interview about 2 years ago I asked "do people ever leave to go get their MBA and is there support for that?" - My interviewer was a bit confused, and it all makes sense now. He told me this job was his MBA, and it could not have been more accurate. If you want to learn more about running a business than you thought possible through real world experiences, then I recommend you apply to one of our jobs today!

Cons

As noted in some other reviews, full lifecycle and even just talent sourcing are not for the faint of heart, it is a tough but rewarding career. Be prepared to work extremely hard here.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great opportunity to advance your skills in sales!

Jun 20, 2019 - Practice Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

training, mentorship, opportunity to make good money quickly, complex sales strategy

Cons

It takes a while to become great at the job

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best place to work in LA!

Jun 20, 2019 - Practice Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Extensive, in depth training program -Lots of opportunity for growth in sales and leadership -Ability to move up in seniority and compensation very quickly -The company and management is extremely knowledgeable and experienced in sales and recruiting -Upper management across the board really cares about employees careers and personal lives -Fun and friendly environment where no one is bullied or isolated. If you are willing to put yourself out there and socialize, you will be more than welcomed. -Great opportunity to learn about business and entrepreneurship -One of the coolest offices in LA, next to Lakers practice facility, which has a gym, walking distance from multiple store fronts, modern business campus, office is an open space with great lighting, ping pong table, basketball hoop and really nice kitchen. And there a BBQ so you can literally grill food for lunch every day!

Cons

No company is perfect despite what anyone will tell you so of course there's challenges to being a smaller company that does sales. If you want a career in sales and recruiting then this is the place, but not everyone who wants this is the right fits and that's ok.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews