Canadian Red Cross Employee Reviews about "canadian red cross"

Updated Jul 10, 2019

Found 6 of over 278 reviews

3.9
Canadian Red Cross Secretary General and CEO Conrad Sauvé
Conrad Sauvé
Pros
  • "My experience working for the Canadian Red Cross was all positive(in 10 reviews)

• "Great people from all over Canada(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "If had a chose I would stay with Canadian red cross(in 6 reviews)

• "work instability, work outside, too much pressure for targets, no benefits for fundraisers(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "canadian red cross"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Freelancer, less than 1 year

Great place to work and also engage with the local community

Jul 10, 2019 - Service Centre Assistant in Amherst, NS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learnt about medical assistance provided to the local community Opportunities for continuous learning and growth

Cons

Nothing at all. It's a great pleasure to work at the Canadian Red Cross

2. 5.0
      Current Freelancer, more than 5 years

Volunteer

Feb 13, 2019 - Volunteer in Truro, NS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great things are done for the disaster recipients, and management is supportive with training, and helping you out with stressful situations

Cons

There is a lot of stress and long hours when disasters strike, but you do it without complaint because you know it is saving lives. The red cross tries to operate with as little red tape as possible so this means the decisions are made on the fly sometimes. It is easy to stop caring for yourself and you have to keep an eye on that when in a disaster.

Continue reading
    3. 5.0
      Former Employee

Service Coordinator and Scheduler

Jan 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great non-profit organization to work for. Room for advancement, pay raises based on personal performance, great management.

Cons

The Canadian Red Cross closed the Service Coordination Centre.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Organization / Managers need some work

Jan 22, 2017 - IT Manager in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great organization, great reputation from the Canadian public, excellent use of funds for important projects. Generally good at removing the slackers and making room for performers. This is refreshing, and keeps people on track. Human resource team was fantastic when I was hired - very little bureaucracy. Hiring additional staff was also very easy once budgets were approved. Organization hires for good 'fit' up front which helps enormously when the stress ramps up and you need to count on a strong team.

Cons

VPs are well qualified but don't take full advantage of the talent they have on hand. Some managers are inept at managing and, again, limit opportunities to make the most out of their talented staff. CEO is only concerned about building up his resume to position himself for his next big role. Pay is low / at non-profit levels but project work and flexible work arrangements generally make up for it. The Quebec team has undue influence on country-wide decisions and hiring. Sometimes seems like two Red Crosses in one country which is contrary to the standards we set for ourselves in countries across the world. e.g. Quebec is the only team that has their own branding -"Canadian Red Cross - Quebec Team" -emblazoned on their jackets. No other provinces brand themselves and shouldn't.

Continue reading
      5 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Sep 29, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Being part of something bigger. Every day I know that the work I am doing is contributing to mobilizing the power of humanity to help the lives of the most vulnerable. Even little things.

Cons

Like any not for profit, "more with less" is the catch phrase. The Red Cross is a very large organization, and finding your way around can somethings be daunting.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

I really liked the people I worked with

May 11, 2015 - PSw in Barrie, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I like the care for the clts and the people I worked with. I like the hours I worked. I was really inform and updated on all inservices.

Cons

I didn't like when we went to red cross care partners and then care partners. If had a chose I would stay with Canadian red cross.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews