Canada Drives "sales job" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Employee Reviews about "sales job"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Personal loans"

Former Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, benefits, food. Co-workers are nice.

Cons

Most people you talk to will be upset you called. Requires you to sell a product that is hard to believe in. Personal loans at very high IR is often a difficult thing to sell to people with bad credit and little income. It is what it is, a cutthroat sales job, very very competitive. Very little downtime to get yourself together.

Advice to Management

Management is good. Like I said, it is what it is. Make sure you understand what you'll be doing. Save the company time and money if you cant see yourself keeping someone on the phone after numerous declines to continue further with the call.

"Amazing vibes!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative - Credit Solution
    Current Employee - Sales Representative - Credit Solution

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are super friendly and always willing to help get you to where you want to be. As for management upper management is super supportive and catches flaws early to help you develop faster. Team leaders are day to day support with positive feed back and constructive criticism to help you move to where you want to be. Product interesting and something never taught in school. Amazing energy throughout sales office. Anyone looking for a challenge and potential to make some serious money this job is ideal for you! Anyone with no self esteem and a bad attitude don't even bother a quiet 9-5 office job is prob better for you.

Cons

There's a lot of whining going on in these reviews. It's a sales job and it is very challenging and if you're weak you shouldn't even bother applying cause they want strong confident individuals who know hard work and they WILL compensate you heavily for it.

There was also whining about training? This training course is probably the most in depth training I've ever had. Come to class, pay attention, and you will succeed it's designed to help you not to make you miserable which is most likely why those who DONT take training seriously fail on the sales floor.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do!

3. "Canada drives"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

Fast growing company with lots of opportunity for advancement, if you are good at your job there is good potential to make money

Cons

Long hours like any sales job

Advice to Management

Thanks

"Beware (especially the ladies)"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Free food, good central location, growing company

Cons

My coworker always said the pony tailed ceo (who is one of the two ceo's) creeps her out. Given the rumours we've all heard, I wouldn't exactly want my sister working here if you know what I mean. Surprised there's not more reviews that mention how sexist the office is, and this is coming from a straight male observer.

Long hours and the job isn't exactly as it's sold to you during interview..you've been warned! Other than that it's just a basic sales job. Nothing less nothing more. It'll get you by if you're looking for sales experience.

Got myself out of there as soon as I could find myself another job and haven't been happier.

Advice to Management

Be more honest during interview and realize that free food isn't the only incentive you can offer employees. People need a good reason to be loyal to the company. So many people working there are looking for new jobs. Recognize that and do something about it. Pony tail man needs a reality check and needs to learn how to respect his workers.

"Bad Job - Ignore earlier reviews if you join the sales team"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you look at all these perfect positive reviews they are from within the last 60 days. I find that a little suspicious considering in that time frame the company has been bribing people to like them on Instagram, forcing them to make Linkedin accounts and add them on Linkedin and now probably doing the same with Glassdoor to make the company look good to the public.

With that being said I have only worked in sales and have heard that customer service and IT is better. The pay is hourly so no long days and the work is better. I believe in the creative section there is also some creative control and they seem to like it. And if your a manager your probably going to say good things. That could also maybe be where all these perfect reviews are coming from.

I'm speaking strictly about sales.

BUT that isn't to say there are no pros, here they are:
    Free food - until you get bored of processed lunch meat, bagels, and instant noodles.
    Fun people to work with.
    Random nights like trivia where the owners give out cash money and prizes.
    The owners are pretty cool guys.
    Beer on Fridays at 4:00pm, if you work Fridays.
    Company pays for MSP and Bus Pass after 3rd month

Cons

Long hours - 10hrs/day with no overtime
    Selling scammy products to people who don't need them
    Crappy bonus structure that LOOKS great on paper but in practice isn't
    No health benefits - don't expect to get your teeth cleaned anytime soon
    Crappy phones - for a call center their phone quality is the worst I've ever had to deal with

In my time at Canada Drives, 2-3 months, I saw probably 15-20 different employees start and quit or get fired. I wish I was exaggerating. From the people that DO still work there at least HALF have told me they hated their job and are actively seeking employment elsewhere.

They will talk a big talk and get you to work there and if its your first sales job maybe its a good place to get your feet wet and put on your resume while you look for another job but honestly from my experience you can make more money, working less hours, and actually selling real tangible products that don't screw poor people with no money management skills over working at pretty much any other sales job. Do yourself a favour and go there instead.

With all that being again I'll say - other roles and depts might be better than the sales dept.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well, pay your employees well, learn how to hire and keep good talent. A happy employee is a more productive one and I think it would be cheaper to pay people, not over work them, and make them happy than to constantly hire people who quickly lose motivation and leave. Your sales team is a revolving door of uninspired people biding their time until they find a better gig. If you can't see that and want to fix it then I don't know what to tell you. Remember that everyone who leaves if fired for not hitting targets (because they aren't inspired) or quits it is YOUR failure a well as theirs. I hope you take some ownership for that.

Canada Drives Response

28 May, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hi there,

Thanks for the review. Like a lot of companies starting up we need the support of our employees to help bring our employer brand to life, hence encouraging employees to like us on... More