Canada Drives "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Personal loans"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible space for upward mobility if you work hard, commit to putting in the hours and can grind it out for long enough. The managers and in particular the Programme manager are extremely helpful and thoroughly invested in the staff. Sales in general is also the strongest bedrock if you are looking to begin a career and are not sure of the exact route you wish to take. The people are also great, really fun environment and a great place to make friends.

Cons

When you start out you will be working very long hours (approx 10-12), the work can also be monotonous and at times very frustrating. Certain sales can also be difficult to reconcile morally. In the beginning it will certainly be difficult to justify the hours you work relative to the pay ($2100 net per month before bonus) however as previously mentioned if you are determined enough you most certainly will make considerable money.

Advice to Management

middle management in personal loans are terrific and really do try their best and represent the staff well, the bonus structure however does ensure that it is very difficult for new staff to obtain bonuses, high turnover reflects this.

"Great place, Great people, Great place to build your career."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing training with on boarding. Not only that, extra training is available upon request.

- Management. The management here are great, they are always willing to sit down and have a talk if you feel like your having any personal or professional issues. They know how to get the best out of their staff and cater to each staff members needs. As I used to be a manager in my previous job I respect what they do and how they do it.

- Hard work is recognized and rewarded. Monthly bonuses are made for you to achieve. Not only that there are also a number of side competitions throughout the weeks.

- Career advancement. Canada Drives is continuing to grow and be the fastest growing company in Canada. The company is constantly opening up positions and tend to almost only promote from within.

- Great Vancouver downtown office. The location of the office is situated in the heart of downtown, easily accessible with public transit. Canada Drives actually pays for your transit pass for the month.

- Free breakfast and lunches. Every day the kitchen is stoked out with food.

- Amazing work environment, Very positive place to grow your skill set and learn from others as everyone's opinion is taken on board and listened to.

- Monthly team events. Every month you have a team building event. this could be anything from dinner, bowling, go-karting etc. Your manager chooses some options and your team picks.

Cons

- Long hours, but this is optional. You have your job requirements that have to be met. However in a sales role, I tend to put in a lot of extra hours as I am looking to hit my targets and exceed them.

- Due to the growth of the company we are constantly moving desk in order to make room. This can be annoying due to having all my files saved to my desk stop and having to transfer them each time.

Advice to Management

Honestly, you are great at what you do. I would not doing anything different.

Canada Drives Response

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a long and thoughtful review. We believe in inclusion, both in the products we offer our customers and in the culture we build at Canada Drives... More

""Helping hundreds of Canadians a day with their financial future""

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the most lively and welcoming place to work. As soon as you walk in you are greeted with smiles by everyone in the office. The music is always bumping and everyone is always griding. If you are looking for a group of younger individuals who are all looking to work hard and become successful this is the place to work.
    Starting only about 10 years ago, there is so much room to grow in this company and looking at the people who have been here long term everyone is so satisfied with the constant movement in the company. It is fast paced, and there is so much money to be made if you put in the time and effort and are eager to learn.
    Management is so eager to see everyone succeed and hold training almost daily to ensure we can find any shortcomings we may have.
    Located in the heart of coal harbor, there are so many places to go and eat if the sandwich and salad bar are not grabbing your eye at the office.
    The teams we work on all go out together and grab food and drinks. The money here is good, but we all stay for the company culture.
    The work we do here is also so fulfilling. Every day we are helping customers learn more about what has happened with their credit, how to avoid hurting their credit and help them improve it!
    We help Canadians all over the country with financing that they would otherwise be unable to acquire and at a reasonable interest rate.
    All of our loans are also set up to report to the Canadian credit bureaus so that our customers can build their credit up to the point where they can walk into a bank and qualify for prime loans at prime rates.

Cons

The long hours can take a toll but the management here works so hard to take care of us and ensure we have what we need to succeed (they hand out energy drinks if the sales floor isn't as pumped as normal).
    The kitchen could have more options but it's nice having the opportunity to eat for free every day!

Advice to Management

You guys all work so hard to ensure we succeed, and you all have our backs. Keep crushing it every day!

Canada Drives Response

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we’re glad to hear your experience at Canada Drives has been a positive one.

The CEO’s Michael Galpin and Cody Green have taken a lot of pride... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Kitchen serving breakfast, lunch, snack, coffee and tea
    * Room for advancement if you put in the work and you are good at what you do (as it should be)
    * Benefits after 3 months and transit or parking pass
    * Lots of team building activities and group events outside of the office
    * CEO's that genuinely care about their employees and are always encouraging and rewarding those that go the extra mile. They are very hands on.

Cons

Long hours, but if you consider this a career and not a just a job and see the bigger picture of where you are going and the pay off, it's well worth it. This job is not for clock punchers.

"Amazing opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Huge bonuses with no cap available to anyone who is willing to work for it
    - Fun, young group of staff who are all encouraging each other's success
    - Get to work in a beautiful Coal Harbour office
    - Fantastic management in every department
    - Unreal growth opportunity both professional and monetarily

Cons

- Long hours (Making good money at any job requires hard work)
    - Customers are often difficult
    - Terrible food in the lunch room but we are surrounded with yummy options outside the office

Advice to Management

You guys are beasts and earn every dollar you receive

"Long Hours"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Friendly Environment
    Everyone is very hard working

Cons

Long Hours
    Food in Cafeteria isn't that great

"Life at Canada Drives"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Working at Canada Drives has been and is one of the best moments in my life. I got to learn a lot of skills and assets that I'll be able to take with me as I grow, as well as I've made some of the greatest friendships here, too. Much like any other office setting, the difference with Canada Drives is that it's fun. You don't feel like you're coming to work, and finding a career you dislike is something no one should do but I love what I do, and I love the people I do it with. You're only as good as your mindset and I'm grateful I'm surrounded by people with the same goal.

Cons

Although Canada Drives is great, the only con I'd have to say is having long hours and not being able to do certain tasks outside of work. That is something you can definitely work around, unless your chores require you to be somewhere in the middle of the day, thus the long hours would get in the way. Of course our managers will definitely try and accommodate. Nonetheless, it is not something that isn't fixable.

Advice to Management

My advice for management is that the better you are, the more our employees want to stand by you. No one stays for a company, they stay because they love the people and I'm thankful that I love both.

"The whole company is a scam... Down to the good reviews on here."

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Pay for transit, good office location.

Cons

Long hours. Always stressed about being fired. The company seems to be on its way out. They took away all the fun activities and forced you to work weekends, and make you come in on your days off to make "amazing money".

Advice to Management

Nobody wants to work 18 hours a day to make you richer. How do you sleep at night scamming people.

"Company sucks, Managers suck,"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Free Food not the best but its free.

Cons

Long hours,
    Management
    No room to grow
    Pay is slightly on lower side
    No Parking

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees by reducing work load on them to avoid high turn over and employee fatigue.

"Great place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Sales in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good culture and environment

- Potential to earn lots of money

- Management

- Benefits

- Transit reimbursement

- Lots of skills you can learn just by working here for a short amount of time

- Training

- Employees, everyone has the same goal and it's to make money. Great environment and everyone is willing to help you.

- You are rewarded for the work you put in, hard work doesn't go unnoticed

- Free food

- Company is growing fast

- Fun company to work for

- Time goes by fast, you don't even notice how many hours you're working

Cons

- Long hours, this is not a 9-5

- Work life balance will be affected, especially in Sales

- Fast paced, if you can't keep up this is not the place for you

- High turnover, the job is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, the motivation managers give to all employees is awesome. Everyone is here for the same reason.