Canada Drives "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Oct 22, 2019

4.2
Canada Drives CEO Cody Green
Cody Green
Pros
  • "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years(in 47 reviews)

• "Free food, and transit is covered(in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, Fair amount of pressure, Parking is very expensive in the building(in 26 reviews)

• "I have no negative feedback about my life at Canada Drives(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Awesome environment for young people who are willing to put in a lot of work"

Current Employee - Mortgage Agent in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good compensation, Prompt promotion for those who are working hard, Free kitchen with breakfast/lunch, Lots of admin/support staff for payroll, HR and other support, Close to train station

Cons

Long hours, Fair amount of pressure, Parking is very expensive in the building.

Canada Drives2019-09-12

"Working at CD"

Current Employee - Closer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tons of opportunity for growth, great management, tight group of co-workers, great work environment, Ping Pong

Cons

Long hours and stress haha

Canada Drives2019-07-17
  3. "A place that only rewards those that work hard put time in. Personal Loans department."

Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Breakfast is varied alot and free lunch as well. - An environment that will accept you as you are and help you only if you show that you want make money. -They don't sweat the little stuff that doesn't affect your work. If you can sit down and put in time the rewards are easy to see. - The management will always give in as much effort to help you as you put in. They trust you and will go to the bat for you.... -The money is ridiculously easy to get and the benefits are instant even before you first 3 months. -The first month or 2 is harder to get in to the flow especially if you don't come in with extra time -If you come in early or on a Saturday once in a while you will get the better leads and you will get help you just need to ask for it.If you don't ask or show you have interest you will get nothing. - Its not a struneus job you sit in a seat and talk to people that's it. -The health benefits are insanely good - You get to choose when you want to eat. As long as you hit call time you can take your time if you want but most people will choose to make money because as long as you stay on the dialer you will help out people and you will be able to make good money. -You get to help people get loans to better their lives because most of the customers are people that need a loan and no one will trust them enough to give a loan. We help out people that need loans and help out those that don't even understand how badly they need the loan to help their credit. -We help those have only been relying on the Money mart loans that have 600% interest and are stuck in a cycle of debt. The loans we give them are a way to get out of that cycle and have much better interest rates. - Extremely fast growth and the opportunity to move up is everywhere and can easily be attained even within the first 3 months. - You will not get fired unless you stop caring and you start being rude. If people like you and you produce results or even if you show that you have any effort being put in they will not let you go and the management will be there for you so you can learn. -Free monthly buss passes and Free monthly team bonding where its at times normal to eat more at places that you would never normally eat at expensive places.

Cons

- Long hours but that's apart of the job. They tell you in the interview this ain't a job you get into if you want to have all the time in the world. - Sometimes you will be extremely busy to the point you might miss lunch but that is your choice, no one will force you that will be something you choose without realizing it because you want to make good money. - Most people understand that when you come in you... choose which department you want to go to in Canada Drives, The personal loans department where you will not have any real work life/ balance but make a lot of money or the other loan department that you have a Work /life balance and the money is not as much. - You will develop this urge where you feel like if you are not in the office than someone else is going to steal your file or that you could be doing something more productive by being in the office on the dialer. It will consume you at times if you don't learn to separate that urge and fear

Advice to Management

Lets go to team bonding places that are not just to eat.

Canada Drives2019-02-08

"Amazing Company!"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

it's the people who really make this company stand out! great people, easy to get a long with that it hardly felt like work sometimes free food up in the 6th floor the CEO by the name of Cody, what a an easy guy to talk to, very down to earth and very approachable monthly lunches with the team flexible hours beside the Burrard Skytrain Station so very convenient plus transport allowance seems to be a very... successful company growing by the month, about 400 people I think

Cons

sometimes you could have long hours 2-3 people doing the job of one project managers would push too many things at once office space could improve

Advice to Management

slowing down would give people time to deliver better results

Canada Drives2018-12-19

"Personal loans"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible space for upward mobility if you work hard, commit to putting in the hours and can grind it out for long enough. The managers and in particular the Programme manager are extremely helpful and thoroughly invested in the staff. Sales in general is also the strongest bedrock if you are looking to begin a career and are not sure of the exact route you wish to take. The people are also great, really fun... environment and a great place to make friends.

Cons

When you start out you will be working very long hours (approx 10-12), the work can also be monotonous and at times very frustrating. Certain sales can also be difficult to reconcile morally. In the beginning it will certainly be difficult to justify the hours you work relative to the pay ($2100 net per month before bonus) however as previously mentioned if you are determined enough you most certainly will make... considerable money.

Advice to Management

middle management in personal loans are terrific and really do try their best and represent the staff well, the bonus structure however does ensure that it is very difficult for new staff to obtain bonuses, high turnover reflects this.

Canada Drives2018-09-12

""Helping hundreds of Canadians a day with their financial future""

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is the most lively and welcoming place to work. As soon as you walk in you are greeted with smiles by everyone in the office. The music is always bumping and everyone is always griding. If you are looking for a group of younger individuals who are all looking to work hard and become successful this is the place to work. Starting only about 10 years ago, there is so much room to grow in this company and... looking at the people who have been here long term everyone is so satisfied with the constant movement in the company. It is fast paced, and there is so much money to be made if you put in the time and effort and are eager to learn. Management is so eager to see everyone succeed and hold training almost daily to ensure we can find any shortcomings we may have. Located in the heart of coal harbor, there are so many places to go and eat if the sandwich and salad bar are not grabbing your eye at the office. The teams we work on all go out together and grab food and drinks. The money here is good, but we all stay for the company culture. The work we do here is also so fulfilling. Every day we are helping customers learn more about what has happened with their credit, how to avoid hurting their credit and help them improve it! We help Canadians all over the country with financing that they would otherwise be unable to acquire and at a reasonable interest rate. All of our loans are also set up to report to the Canadian credit bureaus so that our customers can build their credit up to the point where they can walk into a bank and qualify for prime loans at prime rates.

Cons

The long hours can take a toll but the management here works so hard to take care of us and ensure we have what we need to succeed (they hand out energy drinks if the sales floor isn't as pumped as normal). The kitchen could have more options but it's nice having the opportunity to eat for free every day!

Advice to Management

You guys all work so hard to ensure we succeed, and you all have our backs. Keep crushing it every day!

Canada Drives2018-03-24

Canada Drives Response

June 11, 2018HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we’re glad to hear your experience at Canada Drives has been a positive one. The CEO’s Michael Galpin and Cody Green have taken a lot of pride in the making this an inclusive work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. As a fast growing company we know we’re not perfect, but we really look to be better each day and are excited about the opportunities that are created for all of our employees as we build a world class company together.

"Great place, Great people, Great place to build your career."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Amazing training with on boarding. Not only that, extra training is available upon request. - Management. The management here are great, they are always willing to sit down and have a talk if you feel like your having any personal or professional issues. They know how to get the best out of their staff and cater to each staff members needs. As I used to be a manager in my previous job I respect what they do... and how they do it. - Hard work is recognized and rewarded. Monthly bonuses are made for you to achieve. Not only that there are also a number of side competitions throughout the weeks. - Career advancement. Canada Drives is continuing to grow and be the fastest growing company in Canada. The company is constantly opening up positions and tend to almost only promote from within. - Great Vancouver downtown office. The location of the office is situated in the heart of downtown, easily accessible with public transit. Canada Drives actually pays for your transit pass for the month. - Free breakfast and lunches. Every day the kitchen is stoked out with food. - Amazing work environment, Very positive place to grow your skill set and learn from others as everyone's opinion is taken on board and listened to. - Monthly team events. Every month you have a team building event. this could be anything from dinner, bowling, go-karting etc. Your manager chooses some options and your team picks.

Cons

- Long hours, but this is optional. You have your job requirements that have to be met. However in a sales role, I tend to put in a lot of extra hours as I am looking to hit my targets and exceed them. - Due to the growth of the company we are constantly moving desk in order to make room. This can be annoying due to having all my files saved to my desk stop and having to transfer them each time.

Advice to Management

Honestly, you are great at what you do. I would not doing anything different.

Canada Drives2018-03-26

Canada Drives Response

June 11, 2018HR

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a long and thoughtful review. We believe in inclusion, both in the products we offer our customers and in the culture we build at Canada Drives. To hear you describe your experiences gives us comfort that we’re meeting our objectives on both. Thanks again - Cody Green Founder & Co-CEO and Michael Galpin Co-CEO

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Kitchen serving breakfast, lunch, snack, coffee and tea * Room for advancement if you put in the work and you are good at what you do (as it should be) * Benefits after 3 months and transit or parking pass * Lots of team building activities and group events outside of the office * CEO's that genuinely care about their employees and are always encouraging and rewarding those that go the extra mile. They are... very hands on.

Cons

Long hours, but if you consider this a career and not a just a job and see the bigger picture of where you are going and the pay off, it's well worth it. This job is not for clock punchers.

Canada Drives2018-01-18

"Amazing opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Huge bonuses with no cap available to anyone who is willing to work for it - Fun, young group of staff who are all encouraging each other's success - Get to work in a beautiful Coal Harbour office - Fantastic management in every department - Unreal growth opportunity both professional and monetarily

Cons

- Long hours (Making good money at any job requires hard work) - Customers are often difficult - Terrible food in the lunch room but we are surrounded with yummy options outside the office

Advice to Management

You guys are beasts and earn every dollar you receive

Canada Drives2017-11-06

"Life at Canada Drives"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Working at Canada Drives has been and is one of the best moments in my life. I got to learn a lot of skills and assets that I'll be able to take with me as I grow, as well as I've made some of the greatest friendships here, too. Much like any other office setting, the difference with Canada Drives is that it's fun. You don't feel like you're coming to work, and finding a career you dislike is something no one should... do but I love what I do, and I love the people I do it with. You're only as good as your mindset and I'm grateful I'm surrounded by people with the same goal.

Cons

Although Canada Drives is great, the only con I'd have to say is having long hours and not being able to do certain tasks outside of work. That is something you can definitely work around, unless your chores require you to be somewhere in the middle of the day, thus the long hours would get in the way. Of course our managers will definitely try and accommodate. Nonetheless, it is not something that isn't fixable.

Advice to Management

My advice for management is that the better you are, the more our employees want to stand by you. No one stays for a company, they stay because they love the people and I'm thankful that I love both.

Canada Drives2017-10-23