Canada Drives "high turnover" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Employee Reviews about "high turnover"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to grow!"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible and encouraging of self-growth and improvement

Cons

The company does it's best to suit everybody's needs, no cons

"Amazing Company!"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

it's the people who really make this company stand out! great people, easy to get a long with that it hardly felt like work sometimes
    free food up in the 6th floor
    the CEO by the name of Cody, what a an easy guy to talk to, very down to earth and very approachable
    monthly lunches with the team
    flexible hours
    beside the Burrard Skytrain Station so very convenient plus transport allowance
    seems to be a very successful company growing by the month, about 400 people I think

Cons

sometimes you could have long hours
    2-3 people doing the job of one
    project managers would push too many things at once
    office space could improve

Advice to Management

slowing down would give people time to deliver better results

"Evil Company - DO NOT WORK HERE"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is mind numbingly easy and there's free food (but the pay is low so I'm not sure how else you can afford to feed yourself while working there in an entry level position).

Cons

This company exists to prey on poor people with bad credit, especially those who are not tech savvy. The only people who last there either are too blind to understand this or have no compassion for their fellow human beings. Hence, the staff is made up of all of the worst people you went to high school with: ignorant, obnoxious, misogynist, racist, homophobic, two-faced, immature.

In the 3 months I was there the turnover in my department was maybe 50%, and a lot of folks who left did so because of management and HR's utter failure to deal with toxic, racist, Islamophobic and sexist drama.

The worst for me personally was speaking to loan applicants, who are often justifiably angry. Let me tell you, few things have made me more disgusted in my life than talking to poor rural Canadians sign up for loans they don't understand and cannot pay off (due to the nearly 50% interest rate).

Advice to Management

The entire management strategy relies on bribing workers to do their work. I found this infantalising and very demotivating as I do not need a carrot at the end of a stick in order to complete basic tasks at my job. My advice to managers and anyone who works there is to get out of there while you still have a soul.

"Highschool"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Fast paced environment, snacks.

Cons

Very childish and unprofessional attitude in the workplace. The only way you’re moving up is if you’re good friends with a manager.

Advice to Management

Manage your HR department, they take weeks and constant reminders to even respond or answer via Slack and professionalism within the workplace.

"Sales Representative - Personal Loans"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, young atmosphere, life-long friendships. The ability to double or triple your salary within the first 3-6 months. Free food, paid transit and young management.

Cons

If you are not used to working hard then you will find the hours to be long. But one thing to keep in mind is you can double or triple your salary within your first year at this company as long as you are willing to do what others will not. This is sales, this means you have to do whatever it takes to hit your numbers even if that means putting in some extra hours.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love working here, hard work is definitely rewarded. Loyalty is definitely rewarded. I've gained a lot of lifelong relationships here, one of the greatest work environments I've ever been in. Time flies at work, never a dull moment. I'm always bragging to my friends about what I do. Love it.

Cons

Can't think of anything, it's all good!

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

3 Dec, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

On behalf us all, I would like to thank you for sharing this great review about Canada Drives. Hearing that you love working here is the best thing we could hope for! We’re happy to have an employee... More

"Better than you'd think"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Been working at Canadadrives for about a year now (The longest I have worked in a field like this) and I can easily say that that if you plan on looking for a professional environment where you can dictate your income based on numbers YOU produce than this would be the perfect place for you. The workplace is never dull with ever changing music and company activities. One of the things that have kept me here so long is the networking you can build being around so many people who over achieve in many different avenues of their lives. I would strongly suggest this place to any driven individual.

Cons

There isn't really anything I can think of off the top of my head. The only thing I would say some people will find as a Con is that if you plan on slacking around and making easy money than this isn't the place for you. But I think that goes with any work place better than an entry level role.

3 Dec, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We’re so glad to hear how happy you are working here! We agree, the amount of wonderful staff here that have endured so many different paths of life makes it such a great place to learn and grow! Our... More

"Amazing Sales Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teaches you how to become a sales expert, solid training and very competitive.

Cons

Call time was a bit much sometimes.

3 Dec, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about Canada Drives. We appreciate your feedback! We developed a really strong training program to help our staff become the experts they are.

"not worth it"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

free food and transit and office music

Cons

there are too many to place in this small of a space.
    verbal abuse from managers is more frequent than the customers you interact with
    the list of tasks grows and changes weekly
    those in charge are extremely greedy and are constantly demanding more without pay raises
    inconsistent management and office environment
    its hourly pay but stops after 8hs
    you a required to stay unpaid if they are not happy with your performance for the day
    EXTREME turn over rates

Advice to Management

stop being bullies learn to relax

"Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years. The company have been growing at an incredible pace and have become an amazing place to work.

- Upper management truly cares about the staff and are always looking for ways to improve.

-Lots of opportunities and room for growth! I was hired as a junior sales staff and worked my way up on the sales team before I was given the opportunity to work for the Accounting department.

-Great Benefits, Full Transit Reimbursements and Free Food.

Cons

I can't think of one.

3 Dec, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to speak about your experience with working at Canada Drives. One of the biggest benefits of working here is the ability to be promoted internally and move around to... More