Canada Drives "fully stocked kitchen" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Employee Reviews about "fully stocked kitchen"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Best place to start your Career"

Current Employee - Junior QA Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Junior QA Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible and cares about employees. Great people. Good collaboration among teams.

This would probably be one of the best learning experiences I've ever had. I had the chance to learn from many experienced coworkers
    Scope for Learning is High

Fully Stocked Kitchen

Monthly Team Lunches

Full MSP, Premium benefits and Reimbursed monthly Transit Pass

Cons

No major cons to mention

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing now

17 Sep, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thanks for letting us know! It’s great to hear your co-workers are sharing their experience to help you keep learning. We’re also glad you’re enjoying the workplace benefits we offer.

"Best company to work for in Vancouver"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

I have worked at Canada Drives for 3 years and I have been given the opportunity for growth and success since day 1. The growth in this company over the last 3 years has been tremendous. Management truly believes in staff that work hard, and those that work hard are always rewarded. It starts from the top, the CEO Mike Galpin has given me all the tools I need to succeed in this company, he fully supports everyone, takes time to listen to ideas from staff, and always goes out of his way to do cool stuff outside of work with everyone, the best boss for sure. The overall high energy work environment, great downtown location, make it a great place to come to work everyday. Perks like a fully stocked kitchen and free transit passes are always good as well :) Overall wouldnt want to work anywhere else. I can honestly say you truly have a shot at being successful working at Canada Drives.

Cons

Gets hot after 6PM
    More workstations could be useful
    More variety in the kitchen would be great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thing!!

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

We appreciate you taking the time to speak about your experiences working at Canada Drives. We love hearing feedback from people who have really seen their career grow and continue to grow at our... More

"Good Place to Start"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Very exciting and energetic work place
    - People are tenacious, enthusiastic, and easy to get along with
    - Promotions, raises and bonuses are given out frequently and I know some sales agent who are extremely driven and end up making bank
    - Rewarding to work for a company that cares about your own personal growths and afford you the patience to develop the skills you need to succeed
    - Good place to start if this is your first time in sales and are worried about the stresses of a typical sales job
    - Added bonuses: the fully stocked kitchen, free transit, monthly team outings, and fun company wide contest

Cons

The music they play can get insufferable, I recommend they keep it to one side of the office only!

"Life at Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Canada Drives (general):
    - Fast growing company
    - Fun & interactive team events
    - Extremely approachable employees
    - Helpful & knowledgeable team managers
    - Full MSP & Premium benefits
    - Fully stocked kitchen (complimentary breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, tea)
    - Reimbursed monthly transit pass
    - Room for growth
    - Seemingly youthful vibe

Administrative Assistant (specific):
    - Actively engaging team
    - Extremely dependable & approachable employees
    - Incredibly team oriented
    - Collaborating closely with team managers
    - Working on different projects

Cons

- Each department has their own set of small speakers that plays different music, can be quite distracting if played too loud

Advice to Management

Continue to actively listen to your employees, help them grow where they need to in order for everyone to succeed. Keep doing what you do!

"One of the Best Companies I've Worked for!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- If you work hard Canada Drives will reward you with advancement, better pay, and their loyalty - Seriously, I have never worked at a company that was so willing to invest in my success.
    - I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money
    - Fun team events where we go out for dinner, karaoke etc
    - Incredibly fast growing company in downtown Vancouver
    - Its got that millennial vibe which is pretty nice - makes the company feel alot younger and hipper

Cons

- Incredibly fast growing can mean growing pains - We've run out of office space before and had to scramble to get desks for staff
    - Every department plays their own music really loudly - this can be cool cause the office is bumping - but sometimes it can also be very loud

Advice to Management

None really. Management has always worked hard to make this an inclusive and enjoyable place for me to work.

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

We really appreciate the time you took to share your experiences working at Canada Drives. We strive to have an environment that’s not only fun to come to work, but where you’re able to reach your... More

"A Phenomenal Ride"

Current Employee - Network and Systems Administrator in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Network and Systems Administrator in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with the company for north of two and a half years now, so I've seen a lot of the internal development of the company at most steps of the way for its rapid growth portion of its life so far. As such, I've had the chance to rapidly develop skills along the way with the company, along with skills/experience with things I never would've gotten to touch at a non-startup. The company has huge room for the professional growth of individuals, and entirely promotes the spreading of knowledge and skill sets internally, provided you're willing to ask and learn. Expanding your skills in general is also supported, if you take a certification exam and pass it, the company will pay the exam fee (provided it's in line with the company's needs or your position, they're not gonna pay for your pottery certification).

The company likes to move fast, so if you've got a pretty good work ethic, you get to see a lot of projects come to fruition, and can give you a pretty good sense of accomplishment. The team I have to work with is also fantastic, from the people inside of my immediate portion of the department, to the opposite side, along with vertically too. I'm not sure if there's many other companies that you can have such a good rapport with every level of management of the company.

There's a large push for team building exercises inside of, at least, the IT department; I can't really speak to the Sales, Customer Service, or other departments. We have a monthly department lunch where we all go to lunch together at a place chosen by someone who hasn't picked a place yet, on the company's dime. On Beer Friday, we knock back a beer ( or two with each other at the office for the last hour of the day. A while back, I built a couple custom desktops for the co-CEO's for VR, and they opted to leave one at the office, so we now have the kitchen fitted to play VR, that any one can go use any time. We also promote having pet projects (that the company would enjoy), such as a computer dedicated to emulating retro games, with one of those classic arcade machine controller panels, that we have set up in the kitchen, that again any one can use whenever. We also regularly schedule outings. The last one we went to was Pitch and Putt, and the next one is we're going to Fright Nights at Playland, which are again paid by the company.

The company has a good handful of benefits for employees too. The company pays for your MSP, they pay for your monthly transit pass (you need to claim these on your tax return though), and they have a fully stocked kitchen with full time staff. There's also extended health benefits or whatever covering dental, eyes, etc.

The company's also very flexible with time off. A lot of the time after a long weekend, I'll book the Tuesday off, or if I'm going to a concert I'll sometimes book the following day off. Obviously if there's some important event/meeting/deployment that's not feasible, but if there's nothing in particular happening, they're pretty cool about it. It's also a pretty lax environment, the dress code is more or less just don't be a fool. It's been a couple weeks since the last time I didn't wear a punk rock concert tee, jeans, and a hat. They also don't care about tattoos or piercings either, there's a couple people with sleeves. The company's staff in general are relatively young, but also pretty forward thinking. I've never once felt discriminated against or hindered in any capacity at this company for being (openly) gay, which can be a heavy fear that hangs over queer folk when going into a new place, even if it's 2017.

Cons

"Back in the day" there was a long list of cons (the pros always had more merit though) that I could've rattled off, but they were just the product of the company being a start up. You reap what you sow. But things are substantially different now from when I started. There's still a few things like absent policies on random topics, but they're being fleshed out as fast as they can be; or a lot of things being in flux at the moment as we're transitioning to more enterprise and/or custom platforms and systems.

Advice to Management

Things are heading in the right direction. Keep up the good work.

"Great People"

Pros

Fun group of people to work with
    Lots of office perks like the stocked kitchen and paid transit

Cons

Vacation policy - must accrue paid vacation time before you can use it.

8. "Customer Service Representative"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Fully stocked kitchen
    People you work with are typically around your age
    Easy to get along with everyone
    Plenty of work to keep you busy

Cons

Management
    When it is slow, there is nothing to do

"Great Opportunity"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Canada Drives has a fun, entrepreneurial culture with a strong management team that is always looking to seize new opportunities. The company is currently experiencing record growth so there are always new opportunities for career progression available for hard working team members ready to prove themselves. The work environment encourages employees to collaborate and bring their opinions and ideas forward, and maintains the best part of start-up culture where employees can truly affect the bottom line of the business in a positive manner.

Other Pros:
    Transit Pass
    Health Benefits
    Fully stocked kitchen
    Beer/wine Fridays
    Trivia and other team building events

Cons

Normal growing pains from a company that moves from being a start-up to an established company in the rapid growth stage.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on navigating the current hyper-growth stage with a vision that everyone can share and strive towards. Work on merging the best parts of a start-up culture with the stability and strength of a large corporation.

"Marketing Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Amazing group of individuals to work with. Everyone is very friendly, hard working and supportive. It is definitely a work hard, play hard mentality with a very fun culture.
    -The company is growing very fast, and there are lots of opportunities for career advancement.
    -We have a fully stocked kitchen, with breakfast and lunch food and unlimited coffee!
    -Monthly trivia on the last Friday of every month, with cash prizes and Canucks tickets! Trivia is a lot of fun and includes the whole office, which is a great way to get to know people from other departments.
    -Great benefits package, and they pay for your transit pass.

Cons

I can't think of any cons of working for Canada Drives. If you are a hardworking and motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, you will do well here and be rewarded for your work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Management is very approachable and supportive. They do a great job of motivating their staff and providing them with the resources they need to accomplish their goals.