Canada Drives "free food" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Employee Reviews about "free food"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales Representative - Personal Loans"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, young atmosphere, life-long friendships. The ability to double or triple your salary within the first 3-6 months. Free food, paid transit and young management.

Cons

If you are not used to working hard then you will find the hours to be long. But one thing to keep in mind is you can double or triple your salary within your first year at this company as long as you are willing to do what others will not. This is sales, this means you have to do whatever it takes to hit your numbers even if that means putting in some extra hours.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. "Sales Rep"

Pros

Free Food, but just typical sandwiches

Cons

They teach you the bases of how to scam desperate Canadians who already has little to offer. If you work here, be prepared to throw your human morals away.
    (Beware to other reviews here, or other websites on this company. They pay for good reviews and also ask employees to do it for them. Either way if you wan't to experience it for yourself go right ahead.)

Advice to Management

Karma's swings right around all the innocent people you guys stole from, and harass with calls and poor business ethics, will come bite you back.

"Poorly run management that only care about themselves"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

- Free food
    - Transit compensation
    - Full medical and dental benefits after three months

Cons

- Poor management
    - Lack of proper training
    - Forced to speak from a script which gets pretty redundant real quick
    - Discourages innovative thinking

Advice to Management

You need to hire managers with actual experience and not a bunch of late 20s people who are cocky and think they're on top of the world. You need to hire managers who can actually take feedback for the better of the business and not take it as some kind of threat or insubordination to their position.

Your sales department is also a joke. Brainwashing a bunch of teenagers into scamming poor people with a fixed 46.96% interest rate? That's even worse than most banks! Absolutely disgusting. They also do not disclose the approved interest rate until the applicant has already gotten their credit checked. Ouch. You're robbing people with no money of money they don't have. How do you live with yourself?

"Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years. The company have been growing at an incredible pace and have become an amazing place to work.

- Upper management truly cares about the staff and are always looking for ways to improve.

-Lots of opportunities and room for growth! I was hired as a junior sales staff and worked my way up on the sales team before I was given the opportunity to work for the Accounting department.

-Great Benefits, Full Transit Reimbursements and Free Food.

Cons

I can't think of one.

Canada Drives Response

3 Dec, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to speak about your experience with working at Canada Drives. One of the biggest benefits of working here is the ability to be promoted internally and move around to... More

"Brilliant Working Environment, But At A Price"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

1) The young workforce would definitely be the company's strongest asset. Everyone has great fun and nobody takes themselves too seriously.

2) The free food helped me to save money, which was great.

3) The training period was very interesting and taught me a lot of valuable information in regard to credit scores, personal finance, etc.

Cons

1) From the get-go, I felt as if I was being initiated into some sort of weird, money worshipping cult, whereby the people of Canada were just pawns on a chess board, standing as the only obstacle between a 6 figure salary and I. However, I happen to be a very clued-in individual, and could see through all of the smoke and mirrors. While there is obviously a market for Canada Drives and they are a very profitable company, I'm also a very compassionate person. I found it impossible to see past the fact that I was playing a part in getting Canadians with terrible credit scores approved for large amounts of money, knowing that they were only digging themselves deeper and deeper into debt.

2) The manner in which they speak of people they're getting approved for loans is extremely derogatory. While I believe that the team managers were good people once, they have lost sight of what life's truly about. Your standard of life may improve as a result of having more disposable income, however your life, morals and the manner in which you treat others shouldn't depend on how many 0's there are in your bank balance.

3) The team managers refer to basic manners and respect for people as "passive language" and employees are told quite regularly to be as forceful as possible to customers when trying to sell their products. I found this behaviour quite shocking, as in the previous offices that I have worked in, this would be a major issue.

4) The company churn through employees like you wouldn't believe. Of the 14 people that started when I did, there were only 2 people left after 2 weeks. This should be the perfect indicator as to what's really going on in this company.

Advice to Management

The managers are very good at their jobs, however I feel as if maybe they should take a step back at some stage and evaluate what they're facilitating in the office. They should think about the impact that their actions have had, and will have, on the Canadians that they convince to take out loans at almost 50% interest. Morals are worth more than money, and if you feel as if your moral compass is pointing straight to the wallet in your pocket, make a change for the better. It's not you that's flawed, it's the company's business model.

"Sales"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Free food
    Nice people
    Close to transit
    Easy to earn higher pay, you just have to work hard
    Management has a clear vision, everyone is on the same page.
    CEO works 6 days a week, all management works hard, they all lead by example. There is a sense of unity.

Cons

Very competitive environment
    Your experience may very depending on department and manager.
    It was my favorite job working in 1 department mostly due to management and it turned into my least favorite job working in another.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"Favorite Job I've had"

Current Employee - Sales Administrator in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Administrator in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Everyone in this company is super friendly and makes the working environment very fun and enjoyable.
    -Free Food in the kitchen
    -Great Health Benefits
    - Holiday Contests to win prizes
    -Get compensated for compass cards
    -Great place to learn a lot of different skills

Cons

-Transportation is a little far
    -Longer hours if you work in sales
    -The job can be very repetitive

"You get what you work for"

Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- if you work very hard, you will make a lot of money. I have been one of top 5 people in my department for the past 2 years and have made 120k+ in the last year and half.
    - FREE FOOD - Unlimited lunch/Breakfast
    - Great environment for young entrepreneurs - if you're 19-25 looking to make a name for yourself in sales then this is a great spot to start.
    - Amazing CEO - Something I love truly about this company is how much the CEO loves his company. He is always doing special events, prizes and trips for the top workers and always having company wide competitions for holidays. Like on St Patricks Day I won best costume and got beat head phones

Cons

- Its hard to move up, because they're a smaller company still, so spots are extremely limited when it comes to moving up in the company

Advice to Management

- They have a hard time sticking to rules, they usually change rules to their advantage whenever necessary. Otherwise they have a good management team.

"Hard work with great rewards"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
    - Company paid monthly MSP premiums
    - Company paid monthly Transit Pass
    - A variety of free food and snacks
    - Lunch & learn workshops
    - Free yoga classes
    - Team outings
    - Discounted gym memberships
    - Teamwork
    - Hard work is rewarded
    - Lots of charitable work
    - Women in leadership roles
    - Diversity (gender, age & ethnicity)
    - In-house training programs
    - Internal mobility between different departments
    - Lively environment

Cons

Not for people who don't like a challenge, or high standards and a fast-paced environment where the business is constantly growing and adapting.

"Great culture"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Fun working environment
    -Music playing all over office
    -Good vibe/energy
    -Free food
    -Great management

Cons

-depending on department, the hours can be long sometimes, it's a grind, but you can make really good money here.