Canada Drives "canada drives" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Employee Reviews about "canada drives"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A place that only rewards those that work hard put time in. Personal Loans department."

Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Breakfast is varied alot and free lunch as well.
    - An environment that will accept you as you are and help you only if you show that you want make money.
    -They don't sweat the little stuff that doesn't affect your work. If you can sit down and put in time the rewards are easy to see.
    - The management will always give in as much effort to help you as you put in. They trust you and will go to the bat for you.
    -The money is ridiculously easy to get and the benefits are instant even before you first 3 months.
    -The first month or 2 is harder to get in to the flow especially if you don't come in with extra time
    -If you come in early or on a Saturday once in a while you will get the better leads and you will get help you just need to ask for it.If you don't ask or show you have interest you will get nothing.
    - Its not a struneus job you sit in a seat and talk to people that's it.
    -The health benefits are insanely good
    - You get to choose when you want to eat. As long as you hit call time you can take your time if you want but most people will choose to make money because as long as you stay on the dialer you will help out people and you will be able to make good money.
    -You get to help people get loans to better their lives because most of the customers are people that need a loan and no one will trust them enough to give a loan. We help out people that need loans and help out those that don't even understand how badly they need the loan to help their credit.
    -We help those have only been relying on the Money mart loans that have 600% interest and are stuck in a cycle of debt. The loans we give them are a way to get out of that cycle and have much better interest rates.
    - Extremely fast growth and the opportunity to move up is everywhere and can easily be attained even within the first 3 months.
    - You will not get fired unless you stop caring and you start being rude. If people like you and you produce results or even if you show that you have any effort being put in they will not let you go and the management will be there for you so you can learn.
    -Free monthly buss passes and Free monthly team bonding where its at times normal to eat more at places that you would never normally eat at expensive places.

Cons

- Long hours but that's apart of the job. They tell you in the interview this ain't a job you get into if you want to have all the time in the world.
    - Sometimes you will be extremely busy to the point you might miss lunch but that is your choice, no one will force you that will be something you choose without realizing it because you want to make good money.
    - Most people understand that when you come in you choose which department you want to go to in Canada Drives, The personal loans department where you will not have any real work life/ balance but make a lot of money or the other loan department that you have a Work /life balance and the money is not as much.
    - You will develop this urge where you feel like if you are not in the office than someone else is going to steal your file or that you could be doing something more productive by being in the office on the dialer. It will consume you at times if you don't learn to separate that urge and fear

Advice to Management

Lets go to team bonding places that are not just to eat.

"Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years. The company have been growing at an incredible pace and have become an amazing place to work.

- Upper management truly cares about the staff and are always looking for ways to improve.

-Lots of opportunities and room for growth! I was hired as a junior sales staff and worked my way up on the sales team before I was given the opportunity to work for the Accounting department.

-Great Benefits, Full Transit Reimbursements and Free Food.

Cons

I can't think of one.

3 Dec, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to speak about your experience with working at Canada Drives. One of the biggest benefits of working here is the ability to be promoted internally and move around to... More

3. "Office Admin"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really good company to work for. Great atmosphere, very nice people and comprehensive benefits package.

Cons

Nothing to complaint about. I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company.

3 Dec, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to write wonderful feedback about Canada Drives. Our CEO’s Mike Galpin and Cody Green, strive to make this the best work environment possible. Thank you for being a... More

4. "Life Changing"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So many to mention. First and foremost the people. I'm a strong believer that if you like the people you work with you'll love what you do. Being surrounded with such positive people from the top (Michael Galpin) all the way down everyone is truly amazing. The energy from the time you walk through doors until you get to your desk is happy, energetic and positive. The compensation for your hard work is truly rewarding. Coming from over a decade of sales experience at all levels in many industries and organizations i feel i am finally being paid what my efforts are worth. It's encouraging, motivating and exciting to check your pay. Money is no longer a point of stress in my life and i'm able to provide a beautiful life for a family as the primary source of income while my partner goes to school. None of this is possible without Canada Drives.

Cons

I can't think of one.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I've always felt cared about not only as an employee but a person. The growth is motivation to be great and work towards advancement in the company and be here for life. Thanks Mike & Cody.

9 Oct, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for sharing how you feel about working for Canada Drives. Our CEOs Cody Green and Michael Galpin have nurtured a work environment where people always come first, and we apply that every day... More

"This company can and will take you from minimum wage to over 100k/year"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Canada Drives for just over 18 months now. This company is best company I have ever worked for. The culture is vibrant, diverse, and welcoming . As for opportunities, they are endless at Canada Drives. I started working here in an entry level sales position, and worked my way up to the top sales team of the company in less than two years.

There is no secret code of success at Canada Drives. All you have to do is join, work harder than anyone else in the room, and be rewarded for it. You can easily make over 100k a year offering products that help your clients.

If sales is not your cup of tea, there are other great positions available as well. From photography and customer service, to web design and marketing. The opportunities are endless & the compensation is unbeatable. This is the best company you will ever work for.

Cons

No major cons. The A/C can be cranked up a little colder in the summer but that's about it!

17 Sep, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Your success is well deserved! You’ve really grasped how we encourage our staff to achieve their potential. The opportunities really are endless. We’ll be sure to adjust the thermostat better in the... More

"Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working at Canada Drives in February 2018 after immigrating to Canada from Ireland. The company offered a warm welcome, and made my adjustment a comfortable and positive experience.
    I worked in the Personal Loans department originally, and was offered a Management position after 6 months.
    It is a very motivational environment, with constant encouragement from Managers and peers to advance within the company. My leadership skills have grown immensely and I am grateful for the opportunity to work in such a friendly work space.
    I have, and will continue to refer friends to work at Canada Drives.

Cons

I have no negative feedback about my life at Canada Drives.

21 Aug, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

It’s great to hear you’ve settled in so well! We have numerous staff who have come from overseas and found their niche with Canada Drives. Your example shows others in your team and the company that... More

"Brilliant Working Environment, But At A Price"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

1) The young workforce would definitely be the company's strongest asset. Everyone has great fun and nobody takes themselves too seriously.

2) The free food helped me to save money, which was great.

3) The training period was very interesting and taught me a lot of valuable information in regard to credit scores, personal finance, etc.

Cons

1) From the get-go, I felt as if I was being initiated into some sort of weird, money worshipping cult, whereby the people of Canada were just pawns on a chess board, standing as the only obstacle between a 6 figure salary and I. However, I happen to be a very clued-in individual, and could see through all of the smoke and mirrors. While there is obviously a market for Canada Drives and they are a very profitable company, I'm also a very compassionate person. I found it impossible to see past the fact that I was playing a part in getting Canadians with terrible credit scores approved for large amounts of money, knowing that they were only digging themselves deeper and deeper into debt.

2) The manner in which they speak of people they're getting approved for loans is extremely derogatory. While I believe that the team managers were good people once, they have lost sight of what life's truly about. Your standard of life may improve as a result of having more disposable income, however your life, morals and the manner in which you treat others shouldn't depend on how many 0's there are in your bank balance.

3) The team managers refer to basic manners and respect for people as "passive language" and employees are told quite regularly to be as forceful as possible to customers when trying to sell their products. I found this behaviour quite shocking, as in the previous offices that I have worked in, this would be a major issue.

4) The company churn through employees like you wouldn't believe. Of the 14 people that started when I did, there were only 2 people left after 2 weeks. This should be the perfect indicator as to what's really going on in this company.

Advice to Management

The managers are very good at their jobs, however I feel as if maybe they should take a step back at some stage and evaluate what they're facilitating in the office. They should think about the impact that their actions have had, and will have, on the Canadians that they convince to take out loans at almost 50% interest. Morals are worth more than money, and if you feel as if your moral compass is pointing straight to the wallet in your pocket, make a change for the better. It's not you that's flawed, it's the company's business model.

"I will retire here"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome Team:
    This is the first company I ever worked at where the CEO, Cody Green and VP of Technology, Rick Dhami cares about me on a personal level. I come into work everyday stressed free, not due to lack of work or the intensity of the work, but because I know I'm work with most supportive co-workers and managements I can have.

Projects and Freedom:
    I've worked on a number of projects at Canada Drives and my favourite part, has to be the freedom and trust granted to approach each project. I never felt like a code monkey and my ideas and concerns were always heard. Even when I had project ideas of my own, I could easily approach Cody to voice them freely.

Great Benefits:
    We get pretty good medical coverage as well as breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Fully paid compass cards and travel. There's a lot of event planners doing yoga sessions, outings, and various other activities on regular basis. A small but dedicated and hard working team just went to Montreal to watch the Grand Prix F1 race! But I think above all, they compensate your hard work and loyalty greatly. I've had a 100% pay raise since I've started working here, over the span of 3 years, I don't think many people can say that.

Cons

No Remote Work:
    It's hard to push for remote accessibility when we deal with sensitive data, and when we all live in the greater Vancouver area.

Longer Hours:
    I did sign up for this, but 9 hours work days do get a bit tiring.

Long Commute:
    This doesn't apply for everyone, but it takes me an hour everyday to get to downtown, and another hour to get home.

Cramped:
    There's just a lot of people in the office, does feel a bit cramped at times, and harder to find seating in kitchen during lunch hours. I've actually started having lunch at odd hours (11:30 or 13:00) to avoid the lunch rush.

Lack of Process:
    This is actually getting addressed, the company kind of grew out of the startup phase and we don't have much training and processes to support it.

Advice to Management

Shout out to a few managers, keep being awesome:

Cody Green, the smartest and most humble man I know. If I ever need motivation to push myself further, I don't need to look very far.

Rick Dhami, nicest and most supportive man I ever work for. I never feel uncomfortable talking to Rick, even when it's opening up about issues I've caused and things I've broken. I could always walk into his office to talk about anything.

Jessica Bindisch, hardest working manager. I feel compelled to mention Jessica because I've never met any manager who's worked harder than most of her team. She's also grown more than most people I know.

12 Jun, 2018 – HR

Thank you for sharing your experiences working at Canada Drives. I’m really happy that you recognize your contributions to the company and never feel like a “code monkey”. We are excited about the... More

"Best company to work for in Vancouver"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

I have worked at Canada Drives for 3 years and I have been given the opportunity for growth and success since day 1. The growth in this company over the last 3 years has been tremendous. Management truly believes in staff that work hard, and those that work hard are always rewarded. It starts from the top, the CEO Mike Galpin has given me all the tools I need to succeed in this company, he fully supports everyone, takes time to listen to ideas from staff, and always goes out of his way to do cool stuff outside of work with everyone, the best boss for sure. The overall high energy work environment, great downtown location, make it a great place to come to work everyday. Perks like a fully stocked kitchen and free transit passes are always good as well :) Overall wouldnt want to work anywhere else. I can honestly say you truly have a shot at being successful working at Canada Drives.

Cons

Gets hot after 6PM
    More workstations could be useful
    More variety in the kitchen would be great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thing!!

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

We appreciate you taking the time to speak about your experiences working at Canada Drives. We love hearing feedback from people who have really seen their career grow and continue to grow at our... More