Canada Drives Employee Reviews about "canada drives"

Updated Dec 15, 2020

4.0
Canada Drives Founder and Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green
Pros
  • "Canada Drives is always encouraging its employees to succeed in their area of expertise(in 53 reviews)

• "The company also provides many benefits such as free food and subsidies for transit(in 51 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours -performance based so if you dont do well youre gone - can be stressful -expect you to be there or you lose out on bonuses(in 36 reviews)

• "You’re selling 46% interest loans(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "canada drives"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Dec 15, 2020 - Customer Service Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Canada Drives is always encouraging its employees to succeed in their area of expertise. -Always giving employees career advancement opportunities -Managers are always trying to help their agents and to provide positive feedback as much as possible to help their growth -Benefits are great. -Highly recommended

Cons

Since Covid started, the company has been working from Home so it can be difficult for some people

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with high income potential!

Nov 3, 2020 - Senior Credit Specialist in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Canada Drives is a great place to grow. Self motivated people who are looking to get experience in sales that are coachable and take feedback well, will end up doing really well here. The income potential is what attracted me to the company and I'm very excited to see what the future holds. Canada Drives will be a household name for all Canadians that are looking for auto-financing, personal loans, mortgages and everything in between. The management team is supportive and want to see you succeed. The office environment is fast paced and high energy but because of the pandemic you are able to work remotely.

Cons

Could be difficult for people who don't have any customer service experience, but you don't need experience as long as you're willing to learn.

3. 5.0

Great Work Environment & Recognition

Feb 19, 2020 - Senior Finance Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Canada Drives is a great place for young adults to get experience and grow. When I started at Canada Drives I had limited experience in sales but was willing to put in the hours and effort. In a very short period of time my hard work was recognized and I was rewarded with a promotion. It is incredibly rewarding to work for a company that rewards and appreciates hard work. More than that, financially you are in complete control of your salary; as a hardworking salesperson, what more could you want!

Cons

We spend long hours in the office, there is coffee but no snacks or food, that would be a nice bonus.

4. 4.0

Career growth

May 19, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been employed by Canada drives for over a year now and one of the things I have really appreciated is the growth the company offers. I have amazing colleagues and managers who have helped me gain access to all the knowledge I have to know.

Cons

One of the things that stand out is how easily you can be replaced if you don't make your self an asset to the team.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

By far the best company I've ever worked for!

Oct 1, 2019 - Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Canada Drives for a little more than a year and I can honestly say that I love it here. I feel happy going to work everyday thanks to my awesome co-workers and the friendly work environment plus the fact that we have a fully stacked kitchen that provides free breakfast and lunch everyday. The office is very energetic and positive and even though people work very hard and sometimes long hours while here they still seem to have fun. One of the best parts of this company is the possibility to create your own career if you're willing to put in the hard work and a few extra hours at times. Out of my own experience I only have positive things to say about management, from the CEO's to the team managers, they all work very hard but they still always have a very respectful and positive attitude at work. I would definitely recommend applying for a job at Canada Drives!

Cons

Where I'm sitting in the office it gets a little chilly at times because of the air conditioner.

6. 5.0

Perfect environment to grow

Jan 16, 2020 - Senior Loan Advisor- Fresh Start
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you're looking to gain experience and improve your sales performance this is the perfect company for that. One of the big reasons is because the managers are willing to work closely with you to help you improve on a day to day basis. There is so much room for opportunity at Canada Drives so you can build a career within the company. There are team events so you can interact and get to know your co-workers which makes the environment feel very family oriented. Hard work always pays off at this company, the harder you work the better your compensation is.

Cons

It can be very fast paced and can be a big workload especially if your inexperienced which is why you have to be able to take constructive criticism in order to improve.

7. 3.0

Working at Canada Drives

May 22, 2020 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will be pushed to your limits. It is a great place to enhance your sales skills. The culture is very cut-throat and do-or-die. If you are not a go-getter or don't have experience/confidence in sales, you won't last. If you have very high morals, you won't last long either. In fact everyone from my hiring class quit pretty fast. Even though they were highly experienced sales people, some quit because they couldn't handle the pressure. Others quit because they felt what the company does is immoral. It is a great opportunity to make money for a select few that stick around. The targeted customers are mostly people with low credit scores. People who have had bankruptcies, proposals etc. The company reaches out to these people like they are trying to help them. To help them get a car in their driveway and to help them build up their credit score if customer keeps up with their payments. The company then charges these people very high interest rates. Straddling these already in-debt people with even more crippling debt with sky-high bi-weekly payments. The vehicles are all used and already significantly depreciated in value. The vehicles are delivered directly to the customers address, which is pretty cool. But often times the cars have numerous issues that the customer then has to deal with. I have friends who have gotten vehicles financed through Canada Drives and they've definitely had their fair share of ordeals dealing with the cars the got and the issues that followed.

Cons

You will be talked down to like a misbehaving child if you are having a slow couple days or perceived as under performing. The company only promotes people for management positions who display consistently alarming signs of psychopathic behavior. Not too surprising that any senior employees came off as harsh bullies, as if they're just waiting for you to fall off. Management at the CEO level is frantic and unorganized. The CEO's own "status" on the company messaging platform is something like "I'm trying to figure this out everyday." Management style is often careless and ruthless. An employee's mental health is of no concern. You'll constantly be told that the numbers is all that matters. With the Covid crisis, we were all suddenly either laid off or told to work from home. This was followed up with the CEO having a public freak out on zoom calls with different departments, cussing us out and threatening to shut down this or that department. Followed by more co-workers quitting and more lay-offs as the company shrinks under the pressure of this economic down turn. Of course all staff are instructed to beat the same drum that the company will come out stronger than ever once this is all over. Little things were off like I'm pretty sure I was lied to about the hours I'd be working during the interview. Very strange looking back. In the end you will be chewed up and spit out.

5 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Fun, Inviting Work Place

Oct 9, 2019 - Finance Assistant in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is a great environment that is filled with great people. The work is very rewarding because we are helping people out of a bad situation. For example, a single mother trying to make ends mean and is struggling because she has no car. No banks will look at her file because the credit is so poor. We are their way out of that bad situation. We get them their car and help them be more proactive with changing their lives for the better.

Cons

I can not think of any. Canada Drives has been great and very helpful to my professional development

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

One of the Best Companies I've Worked for!

Dec 12, 2017 - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- If you work hard Canada Drives will reward you with advancement, better pay, and their loyalty - Seriously, I have never worked at a company that was so willing to invest in my success. - I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money - Fun team events where we go out for dinner, karaoke etc - Incredibly fast growing company in downtown Vancouver - Its got that millennial vibe which is pretty nice - makes the company feel alot younger and hipper

Cons

- Incredibly fast growing can mean growing pains - We've run out of office space before and had to scramble to get desks for staff - Every department plays their own music really loudly - this can be cool cause the office is bumping - but sometimes it can also be very loud

62 people found this review helpful

Canada Drives Response

HR

We really appreciate the time you took to share your experiences working at Canada Drives. We strive to have an environment that’s not only fun to come to work, but where you’re able to reach your career goals as well. If you’ve been with us over the last couple years I’m sure you’ve witnessed some major changes as we’ve grown and we appreciate you being a part of that journey.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Life at Canada Drives

Oct 23, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Canada Drives has been and is one of the best moments in my life. I got to learn a lot of skills and assets that I'll be able to take with me as I grow, as well as I've made some of the greatest friendships here, too. Much like any other office setting, the difference with Canada Drives is that it's fun. You don't feel like you're coming to work, and finding a career you dislike is something no one should do but I love what I do, and I love the people I do it with. You're only as good as your mindset and I'm grateful I'm surrounded by people with the same goal.

Cons

Although Canada Drives is great, the only con I'd have to say is having long hours and not being able to do certain tasks outside of work. That is something you can definitely work around, unless your chores require you to be somewhere in the middle of the day, thus the long hours would get in the way. Of course our managers will definitely try and accommodate. Nonetheless, it is not something that isn't fixable.

39 people found this review helpful