Canada Drives "breakfast and lunch" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Employee Reviews about "breakfast and lunch"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Young , fun and energetic place of work with great opportunities to make a lot of money!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked here for 5 months now and ever since my first day I've felt welcome by everyone. The company is constantly expanding and there are a lot of people from all ages working here. Out of all these people the majority are incredibly friendly, positive and social which creates a great work environment for everyone. Most of the employees work close with their managers too which gives them a great chance to always learn more and constantly grow.
    In some departments of this company you are able to make a really good amount of money each month if you are willing to work hard. Other than that there are a bunch of great benefits such as free breakfast and lunch everyday, full transit reimbursements, health and dental care etc.
    This really is an amazing company to be part of and I'm happy to go to work everyday!

Cons

Sometimes it can get a little too noisy in the office but other than that there's not really anything to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, you guys are doing great!

25 Oct, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thanks for the feedback! Canada Drives goes to great lengths to make all Canada Drives staff feel welcome at work each and every day. Our CEOs Cody Green and Michael Galpin introduced an excellent... More

"Amazing company with amazing pay"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Insane bonus structure if you work hard and are willing to grind - it is absolutely possible to be earning up to 10k gross in a month
    - Free breakfast and lunch
    - Great benefits and MSP program
    - Unbelievably fast growing company
    - Fun, energetic, and enthusiastic environment
    - Managers are beyond amazing and super easy to get along with

Cons

This job is very time consuming if you want to do well, but if you are a hard worker who is willing to put in the work then this would not be an issue

Advice to Management

No advice to management. Super supportive and understanding, perfect balance of friend and manager

13 Sep, 2018 – Founder & Co-CEO

Really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience being a part of the team!

"I will retire here"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome Team:
    This is the first company I ever worked at where the CEO, Cody Green and VP of Technology, Rick Dhami cares about me on a personal level. I come into work everyday stressed free, not due to lack of work or the intensity of the work, but because I know I'm work with most supportive co-workers and managements I can have.

Projects and Freedom:
    I've worked on a number of projects at Canada Drives and my favourite part, has to be the freedom and trust granted to approach each project. I never felt like a code monkey and my ideas and concerns were always heard. Even when I had project ideas of my own, I could easily approach Cody to voice them freely.

Great Benefits:
    We get pretty good medical coverage as well as breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Fully paid compass cards and travel. There's a lot of event planners doing yoga sessions, outings, and various other activities on regular basis. A small but dedicated and hard working team just went to Montreal to watch the Grand Prix F1 race! But I think above all, they compensate your hard work and loyalty greatly. I've had a 100% pay raise since I've started working here, over the span of 3 years, I don't think many people can say that.

Cons

No Remote Work:
    It's hard to push for remote accessibility when we deal with sensitive data, and when we all live in the greater Vancouver area.

Longer Hours:
    I did sign up for this, but 9 hours work days do get a bit tiring.

Long Commute:
    This doesn't apply for everyone, but it takes me an hour everyday to get to downtown, and another hour to get home.

Cramped:
    There's just a lot of people in the office, does feel a bit cramped at times, and harder to find seating in kitchen during lunch hours. I've actually started having lunch at odd hours (11:30 or 13:00) to avoid the lunch rush.

Lack of Process:
    This is actually getting addressed, the company kind of grew out of the startup phase and we don't have much training and processes to support it.

Advice to Management

Shout out to a few managers, keep being awesome:

Cody Green, the smartest and most humble man I know. If I ever need motivation to push myself further, I don't need to look very far.

Rick Dhami, nicest and most supportive man I ever work for. I never feel uncomfortable talking to Rick, even when it's opening up about issues I've caused and things I've broken. I could always walk into his office to talk about anything.

Jessica Bindisch, hardest working manager. I feel compelled to mention Jessica because I've never met any manager who's worked harder than most of her team. She's also grown more than most people I know.

12 Jun, 2018 – HR

Thank you for sharing your experiences working at Canada Drives. I’m really happy that you recognize your contributions to the company and never feel like a “code monkey”. We are excited about the... More

"A Place You'll Grow and Find Your Potential"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a great place to work in if you're looking to grow and expand on your knowledge. The management is always ready to help you achieve your goals and are hands on working with you. They take note of your hard work and present you with more responsibilities in a short period of time. Everyone is keen on helping ensure your overall success so you'll never fall short unless you allow yourself to. The company provides medical benefits once you're past your three month probationary period as well as free breakfast and lunch. There are a lot of options to fit your dietary restrictions. Your compass card is also reimbursed which is a huge bonus if you live in the suburbs. It is easy accessible by transit seeing how it is right by the sky train station. There are fun activities you can partake in and team events. One of the best places I've worked for!

Cons

There are none I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Fast paced and fun workplace"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great medical coverage. Strong support team with amazing managers who are readily available. Free breakfast and lunch. Easily accessible through transit. Young and multicultural work environment. Room to move up and get promoted

Cons

There are no cons just excuses.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you’re doing because the company is definitely a pleasure to work for

"Life at Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Canada Drives (general):
    - Fast growing company
    - Fun & interactive team events
    - Extremely approachable employees
    - Helpful & knowledgeable team managers
    - Full MSP & Premium benefits
    - Fully stocked kitchen (complimentary breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, tea)
    - Reimbursed monthly transit pass
    - Room for growth
    - Seemingly youthful vibe

Administrative Assistant (specific):
    - Actively engaging team
    - Extremely dependable & approachable employees
    - Incredibly team oriented
    - Collaborating closely with team managers
    - Working on different projects

Cons

- Each department has their own set of small speakers that plays different music, can be quite distracting if played too loud

Advice to Management

Continue to actively listen to your employees, help them grow where they need to in order for everyone to succeed. Keep doing what you do!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Kitchen serving breakfast, lunch, snack, coffee and tea
    * Room for advancement if you put in the work and you are good at what you do (as it should be)
    * Benefits after 3 months and transit or parking pass
    * Lots of team building activities and group events outside of the office
    * CEO's that genuinely care about their employees and are always encouraging and rewarding those that go the extra mile. They are very hands on.

Cons

Long hours, but if you consider this a career and not a just a job and see the bigger picture of where you are going and the pay off, it's well worth it. This job is not for clock punchers.

"One of the Best Companies I've Worked for!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- If you work hard Canada Drives will reward you with advancement, better pay, and their loyalty - Seriously, I have never worked at a company that was so willing to invest in my success.
    - I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money
    - Fun team events where we go out for dinner, karaoke etc
    - Incredibly fast growing company in downtown Vancouver
    - Its got that millennial vibe which is pretty nice - makes the company feel alot younger and hipper

Cons

- Incredibly fast growing can mean growing pains - We've run out of office space before and had to scramble to get desks for staff
    - Every department plays their own music really loudly - this can be cool cause the office is bumping - but sometimes it can also be very loud

Advice to Management

None really. Management has always worked hard to make this an inclusive and enjoyable place for me to work.

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

We really appreciate the time you took to share your experiences working at Canada Drives. We strive to have an environment that’s not only fun to come to work, but where you’re able to reach your... More

"Sales representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quick and energetic type of company. Free breakfast and lunch. Working downtown. Sales type of job. Always on the phone. Talking to different people everyday.

Cons

Force people to take loans at 46.9%. Their way of teaching you to sell is from their sales binder. You just read off it. Every question that is thrown at you by the customer, it has an answer in the binder. Unethical way to sell to customers. It will just ruin their life and go bankrupt.

Advice to Management

Be ethical!

10. "Average experience"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

-Free breakfast and lunch
    -People were nice

Cons

-Too many calls everyday
    -Work can get tedious