Canada Drives "breakfast and lunch" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Employee Reviews about "breakfast and lunch"

Updated Oct 18, 2019

4.1
Canada Drives CEO Cody Green
Cody Green
Pros
  • "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years(in 47 reviews)

• "Free food, and transit is covered(in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, Fair amount of pressure, Parking is very expensive in the building(in 26 reviews)

• "I have no negative feedback about my life at Canada Drives(in 13 reviews)

Reviews about "breakfast and lunch"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"A great place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Breakfast and lunch provided in office kitchen, young, dynamic and friendly employees. Employers who appreciate employees in a number of fun and creative ways. Ex. Bonuses, team events, dinners etc. . A great place to gain experience and to build a career in a number of different fields.

Cons

I live in Surrey so the commute is not great, but the company makes up for it with paying for transit pass and providing basic breakfast and lunch options.

Canada Drives2019-07-10
  2. "Great place to get experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Good place to get experience in business, call center, sales -Company provides breakfast and lunch -Company covers most/all of public transit costs -Great team environment -Understanding and supportive managers -Young and ever growing company with lots of opportunity to grow/move up if you work hard for it

Cons

-Food is always the same -Some goals set for departments can be frustrating to reach BUT with effort they are reachable

Canada Drives2019-10-02
  3. "By far the best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Canada Drives for a little more than a year and I can honestly say that I love it here. I feel happy going to work everyday thanks to my awesome co-workers and the friendly work environment plus the fact that we have a fully stacked kitchen that provides free breakfast and lunch everyday. The office is very energetic and positive and even though people work very hard and sometimes long hours while... here they still seem to have fun. One of the best parts of this company is the possibility to create your own career if you're willing to put in the hard work and a few extra hours at times. Out of my own experience I only have positive things to say about management, from the CEO's to the team managers, they all work very hard but they still always have a very respectful and positive attitude at work. I would definitely recommend applying for a job at Canada Drives!

Cons

Where I'm sitting in the office it gets a little chilly at times because of the air conditioner.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Canada Drives2019-10-01
  4. "Awesome environment for young people who are willing to put in a lot of work"

Current Employee - Mortgage Agent in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good compensation, Prompt promotion for those who are working hard, Free kitchen with breakfast/lunch, Lots of admin/support staff for payroll, HR and other support, Close to train station

Cons

Long hours, Fair amount of pressure, Parking is very expensive in the building.

Canada Drives2019-09-12

"Young , fun and energetic place of work with great opportunities to make a lot of money!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked here for 5 months now and ever since my first day I've felt welcome by everyone. The company is constantly expanding and there are a lot of people from all ages working here. Out of all these people the majority are incredibly friendly, positive and social which creates a great work environment for everyone. Most of the employees work close with their managers too which gives them a great chance to... always learn more and constantly grow. In some departments of this company you are able to make a really good amount of money each month if you are willing to work hard. Other than that there are a bunch of great benefits such as free breakfast and lunch everyday, full transit reimbursements, health and dental care etc. This really is an amazing company to be part of and I'm happy to go to work everyday!

Cons

Sometimes it can get a little too noisy in the office but other than that there's not really anything to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, you guys are doing great!

Canada Drives2018-10-22

October 25, 2018Human Resources Manager

Thanks for the feedback! Canada Drives goes to great lengths to make all Canada Drives staff feel welcome at work each and every day. Our CEOs Cody Green and Michael Galpin introduced an excellent employee benefits package because they care about their staff. They also want you to be able to hear yourself think, so please do let your manager know when your work area is too loud.

"Amazing company with amazing pay"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Insane bonus structure if you work hard and are willing to grind - it is absolutely possible to be earning up to 10k gross in a month - Free breakfast and lunch - Great benefits and MSP program - Unbelievably fast growing company - Fun, energetic, and enthusiastic environment - Managers are beyond amazing and super easy to get along with

Cons

This job is very time consuming if you want to do well, but if you are a hard worker who is willing to put in the work then this would not be an issue

Advice to Management

No advice to management. Super supportive and understanding, perfect balance of friend and manager

Canada Drives2018-09-13

September 13, 2018Founder & Co-CEO

Really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience being a part of the team!

"I will retire here"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome Team: This is the first company I ever worked at where the CEO, Cody Green and VP of Technology, Rick Dhami cares about me on a personal level. I come into work everyday stressed free, not due to lack of work or the intensity of the work, but because I know I'm work with most supportive co-workers and managements I can have. Projects and Freedom: I've worked on a number of projects at Canada Drives and... my favourite part, has to be the freedom and trust granted to approach each project. I never felt like a code monkey and my ideas and concerns were always heard. Even when I had project ideas of my own, I could easily approach Cody to voice them freely. Great Benefits: We get pretty good medical coverage as well as breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Fully paid compass cards and travel. There's a lot of event planners doing yoga sessions, outings, and various other activities on regular basis. A small but dedicated and hard working team just went to Montreal to watch the Grand Prix F1 race! But I think above all, they compensate your hard work and loyalty greatly. I've had a 100% pay raise since I've started working here, over the span of 3 years, I don't think many people can say that.

Cons

No Remote Work: It's hard to push for remote accessibility when we deal with sensitive data, and when we all live in the greater Vancouver area. Longer Hours: I did sign up for this, but 9 hours work days do get a bit tiring. Long Commute: This doesn't apply for everyone, but it takes me an hour everyday to get to downtown, and another hour to get home. Cramped: There's just a lot of people in the... office, does feel a bit cramped at times, and harder to find seating in kitchen during lunch hours. I've actually started having lunch at odd hours (11:30 or 13:00) to avoid the lunch rush. Lack of Process: This is actually getting addressed, the company kind of grew out of the startup phase and we don't have much training and processes to support it.

Advice to Management

Shout out to a few managers, keep being awesome: Cody Green, the smartest and most humble man I know. If I ever need motivation to push myself further, I don't need to look very far. Rick Dhami, nicest and most supportive man I ever work for. I never feel uncomfortable talking to Rick, even when it's opening up about issues I've caused and things I've broken. I could always walk into his office to talk... about anything. Jessica Bindisch, hardest working manager. I feel compelled to mention Jessica because I've never met any manager who's worked harder than most of her team. She's also grown more than most people I know.

Canada Drives2018-06-11

June 12, 2018HR

Thank you for sharing your experiences working at Canada Drives. I’m really happy that you recognize your contributions to the company and never feel like a “code monkey”. We are excited about the opportunities and growth ahead for the company and the opportunities for professional advancement these will bring for everyone on the team. I definitely appreciate the challenges of commuting each day and I hope you appreciate when you’re tackling ambitious projects the advantages of having all the smart people in the same room : ) For the IT department we hope the implementation of core hours (flexible start / stop times) has given you some extra flexibility. Thanks for recognizing the progress we're making in structure and process and for being a part of that journey.

"A Place You'll Grow and Find Your Potential"

Current Employee - Client Care Representative

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a great place to work in if you're looking to grow and expand on your knowledge. The management is always ready to help you achieve your goals and are hands on working with you. They take note of your hard work and present you with more responsibilities in a short period of time. Everyone is keen on helping ensure your overall success so you'll never fall short unless you allow yourself to. The company... provides medical benefits once you're past your three month probationary period as well as free breakfast and lunch. There are a lot of options to fit your dietary restrictions. Your compass card is also reimbursed which is a huge bonus if you live in the suburbs. It is easy accessible by transit seeing how it is right by the sky train station. There are fun activities you can partake in and team events. One of the best places I've worked for!

Cons

There are none I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Canada Drives2018-05-12

"Fast paced and fun workplace"

Current Employee - Client Care Representative

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great medical coverage. Strong support team with amazing managers who are readily available. Free breakfast and lunch. Easily accessible through transit. Young and multicultural work environment. Room to move up and get promoted

Cons

There are no cons just excuses.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you’re doing because the company is definitely a pleasure to work for

Canada Drives2018-03-27

"One of the Best Companies I've Worked for!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- If you work hard Canada Drives will reward you with advancement, better pay, and their loyalty - Seriously, I have never worked at a company that was so willing to invest in my success. - I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money - Fun team events where we go out for dinner, karaoke etc - Incredibly fast growing company in downtown Vancouver - Its got... that millennial vibe which is pretty nice - makes the company feel alot younger and hipper

Cons

- Incredibly fast growing can mean growing pains - We've run out of office space before and had to scramble to get desks for staff - Every department plays their own music really loudly - this can be cool cause the office is bumping - but sometimes it can also be very loud

Advice to Management

None really. Management has always worked hard to make this an inclusive and enjoyable place for me to work.

Canada Drives2017-12-12

June 11, 2018HR

We really appreciate the time you took to share your experiences working at Canada Drives. We strive to have an environment that’s not only fun to come to work, but where you’re able to reach your career goals as well. If you’ve been with us over the last couple years I’m sure you’ve witnessed some major changes as we’ve grown and we appreciate you being a part of that journey.

Found 197 reviews