Canada Drives Team Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.9
Canada Drives Founder and Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 23 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

"Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working at Canada Drives in February 2018 after immigrating to Canada from Ireland. The company offered a warm welcome, and made my adjustment a comfortable and positive experience.
    I worked in the Personal Loans department originally, and was offered a Management position after 6 months.
    It is a very motivational environment, with constant encouragement from Managers and peers to advance within the company. My leadership skills have grown immensely and I am grateful for the opportunity to work in such a friendly work space.
    I have, and will continue to refer friends to work at Canada Drives.

Cons

I have no negative feedback about my life at Canada Drives.

21 Aug, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

It’s great to hear you’ve settled in so well! We have numerous staff who have come from overseas and found their niche with Canada Drives. Your example shows others in your team and the company that... More

"Hard work pays off at Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Client Care Team Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Client Care Team Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Hard work is recognized, encouraged, and rewarded. The common thread among long term staff is dedication to their jobs, excellent work ethic, an ability to encourage success and confidence in others, and a passion to ensure Canada Drives continues to be an amazing company to work for every day, for everyone.

- Fantastic people to work with. There is an invaluable amount of knowledge and skills to be shared to help you grow professionally and personally

- Lack of separation from senior staff/management. Engagement with employees at all levels of seniority helps to break down barriers and encourages a team atmosphere

Cons

Open office - can get pretty loud at times.

Advice to Management

Continue what you're already doing - investing in your employees, providing awesome opportunities, and fostering a positive, fun, and inclusive working environment.

3 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We’re very grateful for your feedback. With over 400 employees and half of those people in our sales department, we take every effort to enable everyone to do the best they can. Canada Drives open... More

"You Shouldn’t Throw Stones… If You Work at Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Team Manager, Customer Service Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I started at Canada Drives 2 years ago I didn't know much about the company. I started in sales and worked my way up to a team manager. There was a learning curve at first but they did their best to make us comfortable and understand the roles. It is a fun, fast paced environment. My favorite part about working at Canada Drives is the team atmosphere. The company provides great benefits such as paid for team events every month. There is also a fully stocked kitchen, and transit reimbursements. Canada Drives offers the opportunity to make lots of extra money plus they provide you with health benefits. If you have great work ethic and are goal oriented you will succeed at Canada Drives.

Cons

Being on a sales floor everyone has a monthly target and on slow months there is a lot of extra pressure to achieve your goal. Sometimes that means spending a bit of time on the weekend to hit your goal, but if you work hard, you will be rewarded.

30 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for leaving Canada Drives a review about your work experience. It’s great to know you like the office atmosphere and employee benefits here. It’s also good to see you have advanced your... More

"Canada Drives Taught Me How to Love Again"

Current Employee - Team Manager
    Current Employee - Team Manager

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The culture at the company is amazing. You will definitely make some amazing friends working here.
    - All employees of every level are supportive of one another.
    - All the tools necessary to do well in any of the positions at the company are there for you. You just have to use them and take feedback in order to improve and succeed.
    - The work is all about setting goals and working hard to reach them. It is a very rewarding experience.
    - Accomplishing goals, hitting targets, getting compensated for your hard work, the benefits, the fully serviced kitchen, the benefits, and the people here make you love coming to work.

Cons

- A few more food options would be awesome! Other than that, it is awesome working here!

Advice to Management

- Keep doing what you are doing! Stick to what has worked and made this company such a great place to work at!

24 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Your feedback is really appreciated. Setting goals and working towards them is a big part of how we as a company like to do things. It’s how Cody Green and Michael Galpin started and have grown the... More

"Team Manager is the highest career progression from a sales rep"

Former Employee - Team Manager
    Former Employee - Team Manager

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent bonuses, commissions and benefits

Cons

10 hour days, working 6 days a week is the norm for them

Advice to Management

Offer better compensation if you work us to the bones. It's no longer a startup when the company is on the Canada’s Fastest-Growing Company list pulling in 20–50 in revenue. Pay your staff for the hours they work!