Canada Drives Software Developer Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

5.0
Canada Drives Founder and Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 23 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

"Great Platform Learners"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Canada Drives for the past 10 months and it is a great and exciting place to work. It is great to see a company grow and improve month over month. The team is great and everyone is amazing to work with. I honestly consider them family and we all work together very well. If you are looking to be part of a strong team of fully dedicated individuals and you are not afraid of working hard.Canada Drives is the best place to be. They always ever ready give the chance to upgrade yourself with latest technologies and the positions as well. I am really proud to be part of Canada Drives.

Cons

Long working hours makes me sick.

Advice to Management

please Consider the working hours

"Great place for developers"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Canada Drives has a very friendly and quiet work space for developers. They encourage you to do your best with little micro-management. Things can get busy now and then, but it's pretty manageable and nobody is breathing down your neck.

If there does happen to be downtime, developers are encouraged to learn new tools and approaches that will help our team in the future. The company even offers to pay for online video courses (think Udemy) if they are relevant to your position.

Free food for breakfast / lunch, is a plus. Beer Fridays are a nice way to relax unwind after a busy week.

Cons

Currently, there aren't many set coding standards. This means that code can look quite different from developer to developer. However, we are starting to do more code reviews, so this should be less of a problem in the future.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to give developers the option to work from home now and then. It would be a good way to break things up and prevent developer burn-out when things get busy.

Also, more optional after-work outings / activities would be very welcome.

3. "I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

Pros

I have been with Canada Drives for the past 10 months and it is a great and exciting place to work. It is great to see a company grow and improve month over month. The team is great and everyone is amazing to work with. I honestly consider them family and we all work together very well. If you are looking to be part of a strong team of fully dedicated individuals and you are not afraid of working hard. There is no wonder that Canada Drives one of the top 500 fastest growing in North America.Best Platform for New comers and learners.

Cons

The work load gets a bit too much at times.other than that everything is good.

Advice to Management

Please Consider working hours.