Canada Drives Sales Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.4
Canada Drives Founder and Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 23 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

1. "Sales Representative - Personal Loans"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, young atmosphere, life-long friendships. The ability to double or triple your salary within the first 3-6 months. Free food, paid transit and young management.

Cons

If you are not used to working hard then you will find the hours to be long. But one thing to keep in mind is you can double or triple your salary within your first year at this company as long as you are willing to do what others will not. This is sales, this means you have to do whatever it takes to hit your numbers even if that means putting in some extra hours.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Amazing Sales Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teaches you how to become a sales expert, solid training and very competitive.

Cons

Call time was a bit much sometimes.

3 Dec, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about Canada Drives. We appreciate your feedback! We developed a really strong training program to help our staff become the experts they are.

3. "This job changed my life."

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No salary cap, you can make as much as you want to
    Unlimited advancement opportunity

Cons

Longer hours and challenging to begin with

Advice to Management

More variety to kitchen food and beverages. Ex instant noodles

9 Oct, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We’re proud to hear how working for Canada Drives has impacted your career. We want to give you all the support possible to achieve your ambition, and it’s exemplary how much you have accomplished... More

"Amazing company with amazing pay"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Insane bonus structure if you work hard and are willing to grind - it is absolutely possible to be earning up to 10k gross in a month
    - Free breakfast and lunch
    - Great benefits and MSP program
    - Unbelievably fast growing company
    - Fun, energetic, and enthusiastic environment
    - Managers are beyond amazing and super easy to get along with

Cons

This job is very time consuming if you want to do well, but if you are a hard worker who is willing to put in the work then this would not be an issue

Advice to Management

No advice to management. Super supportive and understanding, perfect balance of friend and manager

13 Sep, 2018 – Founder & Co-CEO

Really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience being a part of the team!

"This company can and will take you from minimum wage to over 100k/year"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Canada Drives for just over 18 months now. This company is best company I have ever worked for. The culture is vibrant, diverse, and welcoming . As for opportunities, they are endless at Canada Drives. I started working here in an entry level sales position, and worked my way up to the top sales team of the company in less than two years.

There is no secret code of success at Canada Drives. All you have to do is join, work harder than anyone else in the room, and be rewarded for it. You can easily make over 100k a year offering products that help your clients.

If sales is not your cup of tea, there are other great positions available as well. From photography and customer service, to web design and marketing. The opportunities are endless & the compensation is unbeatable. This is the best company you will ever work for.

Cons

No major cons. The A/C can be cranked up a little colder in the summer but that's about it!

17 Sep, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Your success is well deserved! You’ve really grasped how we encourage our staff to achieve their potential. The opportunities really are endless. We’ll be sure to adjust the thermostat better in the... More

"Young, Energetic Company which is always growing"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Lots of opportunity for Growth
    -Great location downtown
    -Great education/training on credit, finances and customer service
    -Focus on internal development and promotion
    -Management takes a direct focus in you

Cons

-Can be very difficult to take in all the information at first
    -Lots of new employees come in to the company and then move on

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

21 Aug, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at Canada Drives. We truly are a young and energetic company, and you have plenty of opportunity to grow with the company. Our CEOs... More

"Personal loans"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible space for upward mobility if you work hard, commit to putting in the hours and can grind it out for long enough. The managers and in particular the Programme manager are extremely helpful and thoroughly invested in the staff. Sales in general is also the strongest bedrock if you are looking to begin a career and are not sure of the exact route you wish to take. The people are also great, really fun environment and a great place to make friends.

Cons

When you start out you will be working very long hours (approx 10-12), the work can also be monotonous and at times very frustrating. Certain sales can also be difficult to reconcile morally. In the beginning it will certainly be difficult to justify the hours you work relative to the pay ($2100 net per month before bonus) however as previously mentioned if you are determined enough you most certainly will make considerable money.

Advice to Management

middle management in personal loans are terrific and really do try their best and represent the staff well, the bonus structure however does ensure that it is very difficult for new staff to obtain bonuses, high turnover reflects this.

""Helping hundreds of Canadians a day with their financial future""

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the most lively and welcoming place to work. As soon as you walk in you are greeted with smiles by everyone in the office. The music is always bumping and everyone is always griding. If you are looking for a group of younger individuals who are all looking to work hard and become successful this is the place to work.
    Starting only about 10 years ago, there is so much room to grow in this company and looking at the people who have been here long term everyone is so satisfied with the constant movement in the company. It is fast paced, and there is so much money to be made if you put in the time and effort and are eager to learn.
    Management is so eager to see everyone succeed and hold training almost daily to ensure we can find any shortcomings we may have.
    Located in the heart of coal harbor, there are so many places to go and eat if the sandwich and salad bar are not grabbing your eye at the office.
    The teams we work on all go out together and grab food and drinks. The money here is good, but we all stay for the company culture.
    The work we do here is also so fulfilling. Every day we are helping customers learn more about what has happened with their credit, how to avoid hurting their credit and help them improve it!
    We help Canadians all over the country with financing that they would otherwise be unable to acquire and at a reasonable interest rate.
    All of our loans are also set up to report to the Canadian credit bureaus so that our customers can build their credit up to the point where they can walk into a bank and qualify for prime loans at prime rates.

Cons

The long hours can take a toll but the management here works so hard to take care of us and ensure we have what we need to succeed (they hand out energy drinks if the sales floor isn't as pumped as normal).
    The kitchen could have more options but it's nice having the opportunity to eat for free every day!

Advice to Management

You guys all work so hard to ensure we succeed, and you all have our backs. Keep crushing it every day!

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we’re glad to hear your experience at Canada Drives has been a positive one.

The CEO’s Michael Galpin and Cody Green have taken a lot of pride... More

"5 Shocking Things About Canada Drives"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) FUN - Our team at Canada Drives is a lively bunch. Work hard play hard.

2) OPPORTUNITY - In 2016 we had the fastest growing company in Canada. Their is ample opportunity to progress your career.

3) FOOD - People say nothing in life is free.... Well at Canada Drives we have a stocked & staffed kitchen daily from 7AM - 7PM. It truly is Free!! No fine print.

4) MONEY - Lots of it! For example an employee that began with our company exactly 9 months ago earned $12,200 last month . I can confidently say if you commit yourself to this job you WILL be rewarded.

Cons

5) PARKING - Rates in the Bentall Centre parkade parallel the amount one would pay for accommodation downtown. Although Canada Drives has transit reimbursement perks... be prepared!

Advice to Management

Thank you for your devotion to the company - Keep growing!

24 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear you are having fun at work! Our CEOs Cody Green and Mike Galpin want all Canada Drives employees to feel a sense of community and enjoy all the... More

"Motivated culture to make MONEY"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- This job really is a great overall experience. Meeting all kinds of people, from all types of cultures, genders, sexual orientations, age groups, etc.

- Money motivated culture.

- Energetic floor space; everyone always positive!

- Rewards really pay off when you work hard!

Cons

- Nothing in mind.

- RedBull isn’t free!

Advice to Management

You are all doing a very great job!

3 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Your review is greatly appreciated. It sounds like you are getting the most out of your opportunity and that’s what we want for all Canada Drives employees. We pride ourselves on having a diverse and... More