Canada Drives Sales Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.3
Canada Drives Founder and Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 25 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 12 reviews)

1. "A place that only rewards those that work hard put time in. Personal Loans department."

Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Breakfast is varied alot and free lunch as well.
    - An environment that will accept you as you are and help you only if you show that you want make money.
    -They don't sweat the little stuff that doesn't affect your work. If you can sit down and put in time the rewards are easy to see.
    - The management will always give in as much effort to help you as you put in. They trust you and will go to the bat for you.
    -The money is ridiculously easy to get and the benefits are instant even before you first 3 months.
    -The first month or 2 is harder to get in to the flow especially if you don't come in with extra time
    -If you come in early or on a Saturday once in a while you will get the better leads and you will get help you just need to ask for it.If you don't ask or show you have interest you will get nothing.
    - Its not a struneus job you sit in a seat and talk to people that's it.
    -The health benefits are insanely good
    - You get to choose when you want to eat. As long as you hit call time you can take your time if you want but most people will choose to make money because as long as you stay on the dialer you will help out people and you will be able to make good money.
    -You get to help people get loans to better their lives because most of the customers are people that need a loan and no one will trust them enough to give a loan. We help out people that need loans and help out those that don't even understand how badly they need the loan to help their credit.
    -We help those have only been relying on the Money mart loans that have 600% interest and are stuck in a cycle of debt. The loans we give them are a way to get out of that cycle and have much better interest rates.
    - Extremely fast growth and the opportunity to move up is everywhere and can easily be attained even within the first 3 months.
    - You will not get fired unless you stop caring and you start being rude. If people like you and you produce results or even if you show that you have any effort being put in they will not let you go and the management will be there for you so you can learn.
    -Free monthly buss passes and Free monthly team bonding where its at times normal to eat more at places that you would never normally eat at expensive places.

Cons

- Long hours but that's apart of the job. They tell you in the interview this ain't a job you get into if you want to have all the time in the world.
    - Sometimes you will be extremely busy to the point you might miss lunch but that is your choice, no one will force you that will be something you choose without realizing it because you want to make good money.
    - Most people understand that when you come in you choose which department you want to go to in Canada Drives, The personal loans department where you will not have any real work life/ balance but make a lot of money or the other loan department that you have a Work /life balance and the money is not as much.
    - You will develop this urge where you feel like if you are not in the office than someone else is going to steal your file or that you could be doing something more productive by being in the office on the dialer. It will consume you at times if you don't learn to separate that urge and fear

Advice to Management

Lets go to team bonding places that are not just to eat.

2. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you’re good you can make money

Cons

Abusive management, everyone hooks up with each other, you aren’t allowed to have a life.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting people just because there’s no one else to promote. Hire people with experience who can properly manage a team without bullying.

"Sales Representative - Personal Loans"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, young atmosphere, life-long friendships. The ability to double or triple your salary within the first 3-6 months. Free food, paid transit and young management.

Cons

If you are not used to working hard then you will find the hours to be long. But one thing to keep in mind is you can double or triple your salary within your first year at this company as long as you are willing to do what others will not. This is sales, this means you have to do whatever it takes to hit your numbers even if that means putting in some extra hours.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Amazing Sales Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teaches you how to become a sales expert, solid training and very competitive.

Cons

Call time was a bit much sometimes.

3 Dec, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about Canada Drives. We appreciate your feedback! We developed a really strong training program to help our staff become the experts they are.

5. "This job changed my life."

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No salary cap, you can make as much as you want to
    Unlimited advancement opportunity

Cons

Longer hours and challenging to begin with

Advice to Management

More variety to kitchen food and beverages. Ex instant noodles

9 Oct, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We’re proud to hear how working for Canada Drives has impacted your career. We want to give you all the support possible to achieve your ambition, and it’s exemplary how much you have accomplished... More

"Amazing company with amazing pay"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Insane bonus structure if you work hard and are willing to grind - it is absolutely possible to be earning up to 10k gross in a month
    - Free breakfast and lunch
    - Great benefits and MSP program
    - Unbelievably fast growing company
    - Fun, energetic, and enthusiastic environment
    - Managers are beyond amazing and super easy to get along with

Cons

This job is very time consuming if you want to do well, but if you are a hard worker who is willing to put in the work then this would not be an issue

Advice to Management

No advice to management. Super supportive and understanding, perfect balance of friend and manager

13 Sep, 2018 – Founder & Co-CEO

Really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience being a part of the team!

"This company can and will take you from minimum wage to over 100k/year"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Canada Drives for just over 18 months now. This company is best company I have ever worked for. The culture is vibrant, diverse, and welcoming . As for opportunities, they are endless at Canada Drives. I started working here in an entry level sales position, and worked my way up to the top sales team of the company in less than two years.

There is no secret code of success at Canada Drives. All you have to do is join, work harder than anyone else in the room, and be rewarded for it. You can easily make over 100k a year offering products that help your clients.

If sales is not your cup of tea, there are other great positions available as well. From photography and customer service, to web design and marketing. The opportunities are endless & the compensation is unbeatable. This is the best company you will ever work for.

Cons

No major cons. The A/C can be cranked up a little colder in the summer but that's about it!

17 Sep, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Your success is well deserved! You’ve really grasped how we encourage our staff to achieve their potential. The opportunities really are endless. We’ll be sure to adjust the thermostat better in the... More

"Personal loans"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible space for upward mobility if you work hard, commit to putting in the hours and can grind it out for long enough. The managers and in particular the Programme manager are extremely helpful and thoroughly invested in the staff. Sales in general is also the strongest bedrock if you are looking to begin a career and are not sure of the exact route you wish to take. The people are also great, really fun environment and a great place to make friends.

Cons

When you start out you will be working very long hours (approx 10-12), the work can also be monotonous and at times very frustrating. Certain sales can also be difficult to reconcile morally. In the beginning it will certainly be difficult to justify the hours you work relative to the pay ($2100 net per month before bonus) however as previously mentioned if you are determined enough you most certainly will make considerable money.

Advice to Management

middle management in personal loans are terrific and really do try their best and represent the staff well, the bonus structure however does ensure that it is very difficult for new staff to obtain bonuses, high turnover reflects this.

"Young, Energetic Company which is always growing"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Lots of opportunity for Growth
    -Great location downtown
    -Great education/training on credit, finances and customer service
    -Focus on internal development and promotion
    -Management takes a direct focus in you

Cons

-Can be very difficult to take in all the information at first
    -Lots of new employees come in to the company and then move on

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

21 Aug, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at Canada Drives. We truly are a young and energetic company, and you have plenty of opportunity to grow with the company. Our CEOs... More

""Helping hundreds of Canadians a day with their financial future""

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the most lively and welcoming place to work. As soon as you walk in you are greeted with smiles by everyone in the office. The music is always bumping and everyone is always griding. If you are looking for a group of younger individuals who are all looking to work hard and become successful this is the place to work.
    Starting only about 10 years ago, there is so much room to grow in this company and looking at the people who have been here long term everyone is so satisfied with the constant movement in the company. It is fast paced, and there is so much money to be made if you put in the time and effort and are eager to learn.
    Management is so eager to see everyone succeed and hold training almost daily to ensure we can find any shortcomings we may have.
    Located in the heart of coal harbor, there are so many places to go and eat if the sandwich and salad bar are not grabbing your eye at the office.
    The teams we work on all go out together and grab food and drinks. The money here is good, but we all stay for the company culture.
    The work we do here is also so fulfilling. Every day we are helping customers learn more about what has happened with their credit, how to avoid hurting their credit and help them improve it!
    We help Canadians all over the country with financing that they would otherwise be unable to acquire and at a reasonable interest rate.
    All of our loans are also set up to report to the Canadian credit bureaus so that our customers can build their credit up to the point where they can walk into a bank and qualify for prime loans at prime rates.

Cons

The long hours can take a toll but the management here works so hard to take care of us and ensure we have what we need to succeed (they hand out energy drinks if the sales floor isn't as pumped as normal).
    The kitchen could have more options but it's nice having the opportunity to eat for free every day!

Advice to Management

You guys all work so hard to ensure we succeed, and you all have our backs. Keep crushing it every day!

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we’re glad to hear your experience at Canada Drives has been a positive one.

The CEO’s Michael Galpin and Cody Green have taken a lot of pride... More