Canada Drives Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.3
Canada Drives Founder and Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 23 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

1. "Sales Representative - Personal Loans"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, young atmosphere, life-long friendships. The ability to double or triple your salary within the first 3-6 months. Free food, paid transit and young management.

Cons

If you are not used to working hard then you will find the hours to be long. But one thing to keep in mind is you can double or triple your salary within your first year at this company as long as you are willing to do what others will not. This is sales, this means you have to do whatever it takes to hit your numbers even if that means putting in some extra hours.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Amazing Sales Experience"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teaches you how to become a sales expert, solid training and very competitive.

Cons

Call time was a bit much sometimes.

3 Dec, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about Canada Drives. We appreciate your feedback! We developed a really strong training program to help our staff become the experts they are.

""Helping hundreds of Canadians a day with their financial future""

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the most lively and welcoming place to work. As soon as you walk in you are greeted with smiles by everyone in the office. The music is always bumping and everyone is always griding. If you are looking for a group of younger individuals who are all looking to work hard and become successful this is the place to work.
    Starting only about 10 years ago, there is so much room to grow in this company and looking at the people who have been here long term everyone is so satisfied with the constant movement in the company. It is fast paced, and there is so much money to be made if you put in the time and effort and are eager to learn.
    Management is so eager to see everyone succeed and hold training almost daily to ensure we can find any shortcomings we may have.
    Located in the heart of coal harbor, there are so many places to go and eat if the sandwich and salad bar are not grabbing your eye at the office.
    The teams we work on all go out together and grab food and drinks. The money here is good, but we all stay for the company culture.
    The work we do here is also so fulfilling. Every day we are helping customers learn more about what has happened with their credit, how to avoid hurting their credit and help them improve it!
    We help Canadians all over the country with financing that they would otherwise be unable to acquire and at a reasonable interest rate.
    All of our loans are also set up to report to the Canadian credit bureaus so that our customers can build their credit up to the point where they can walk into a bank and qualify for prime loans at prime rates.

Cons

The long hours can take a toll but the management here works so hard to take care of us and ensure we have what we need to succeed (they hand out energy drinks if the sales floor isn't as pumped as normal).
    The kitchen could have more options but it's nice having the opportunity to eat for free every day!

Advice to Management

You guys all work so hard to ensure we succeed, and you all have our backs. Keep crushing it every day!

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we’re glad to hear your experience at Canada Drives has been a positive one.

The CEO’s Michael Galpin and Cody Green have taken a lot of pride... More

"Great place, Great people, Great place to build your career."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing training with on boarding. Not only that, extra training is available upon request.

- Management. The management here are great, they are always willing to sit down and have a talk if you feel like your having any personal or professional issues. They know how to get the best out of their staff and cater to each staff members needs. As I used to be a manager in my previous job I respect what they do and how they do it.

- Hard work is recognized and rewarded. Monthly bonuses are made for you to achieve. Not only that there are also a number of side competitions throughout the weeks.

- Career advancement. Canada Drives is continuing to grow and be the fastest growing company in Canada. The company is constantly opening up positions and tend to almost only promote from within.

- Great Vancouver downtown office. The location of the office is situated in the heart of downtown, easily accessible with public transit. Canada Drives actually pays for your transit pass for the month.

- Free breakfast and lunches. Every day the kitchen is stoked out with food.

- Amazing work environment, Very positive place to grow your skill set and learn from others as everyone's opinion is taken on board and listened to.

- Monthly team events. Every month you have a team building event. this could be anything from dinner, bowling, go-karting etc. Your manager chooses some options and your team picks.

Cons

- Long hours, but this is optional. You have your job requirements that have to be met. However in a sales role, I tend to put in a lot of extra hours as I am looking to hit my targets and exceed them.

- Due to the growth of the company we are constantly moving desk in order to make room. This can be annoying due to having all my files saved to my desk stop and having to transfer them each time.

Advice to Management

Honestly, you are great at what you do. I would not doing anything different.

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a long and thoughtful review. We believe in inclusion, both in the products we offer our customers and in the culture we build at Canada Drives... More

"You get what you work for"

Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- if you work very hard, you will make a lot of money. I have been one of top 5 people in my department for the past 2 years and have made 120k+ in the last year and half.
    - FREE FOOD - Unlimited lunch/Breakfast
    - Great environment for young entrepreneurs - if you're 19-25 looking to make a name for yourself in sales then this is a great spot to start.
    - Amazing CEO - Something I love truly about this company is how much the CEO loves his company. He is always doing special events, prizes and trips for the top workers and always having company wide competitions for holidays. Like on St Patricks Day I won best costume and got beat head phones

Cons

- Its hard to move up, because they're a smaller company still, so spots are extremely limited when it comes to moving up in the company

Advice to Management

- They have a hard time sticking to rules, they usually change rules to their advantage whenever necessary. Otherwise they have a good management team.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Kitchen serving breakfast, lunch, snack, coffee and tea
    * Room for advancement if you put in the work and you are good at what you do (as it should be)
    * Benefits after 3 months and transit or parking pass
    * Lots of team building activities and group events outside of the office
    * CEO's that genuinely care about their employees and are always encouraging and rewarding those that go the extra mile. They are very hands on.

Cons

Long hours, but if you consider this a career and not a just a job and see the bigger picture of where you are going and the pay off, it's well worth it. This job is not for clock punchers.

"Personal loans"

Former Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, benefits, food. Co-workers are nice.

Cons

Most people you talk to will be upset you called. Requires you to sell a product that is hard to believe in. Personal loans at very high IR is often a difficult thing to sell to people with bad credit and little income. It is what it is, a cutthroat sales job, very very competitive. Very little downtime to get yourself together.

Advice to Management

Management is good. Like I said, it is what it is. Make sure you understand what you'll be doing. Save the company time and money if you cant see yourself keeping someone on the phone after numerous declines to continue further with the call.

"Sales representative"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quick and energetic type of company. Free breakfast and lunch. Working downtown. Sales type of job. Always on the phone. Talking to different people everyday.

Cons

Force people to take loans at 46.9%. Their way of teaching you to sell is from their sales binder. You just read off it. Every question that is thrown at you by the customer, it has an answer in the binder. Unethical way to sell to customers. It will just ruin their life and go bankrupt.

Advice to Management

Be ethical!

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Representative-Credit Solutions
    Former Employee - Sales Representative-Credit Solutions

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary
    Monthly bonuses
    Free breakfast & lunch
    Benefits
    Free monthly transit pass
    Lots of opportunities for growth
    Good training from management
    Young vibrant company

Cons

Hours can be long, but rewarding if you hit your bonus
    Food doesn't have a ton of variety

Advice to Management

The company has obviously been very successful, they seem to have doubled the staff during the time I worked there. I assume the profits have gone up considerably too if they were able to do that. Very positive long term outlook.

"Not for everyone but rewarding"

Former Employee - Sales Representative - Credit Solution in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative - Credit Solution in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good bonuses
    team activities
    lots of room for advancement

Cons

Same food everyday
    High turnover rate
    repetitive job
    lots of shadyness in the sales process