Canada Drives Sales Representative Personal Loans Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Founder and Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 23 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

"You get what you work for"

Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- if you work very hard, you will make a lot of money. I have been one of top 5 people in my department for the past 2 years and have made 120k+ in the last year and half.
    - FREE FOOD - Unlimited lunch/Breakfast
    - Great environment for young entrepreneurs - if you're 19-25 looking to make a name for yourself in sales then this is a great spot to start.
    - Amazing CEO - Something I love truly about this company is how much the CEO loves his company. He is always doing special events, prizes and trips for the top workers and always having company wide competitions for holidays. Like on St Patricks Day I won best costume and got beat head phones

Cons

- Its hard to move up, because they're a smaller company still, so spots are extremely limited when it comes to moving up in the company

Advice to Management

- They have a hard time sticking to rules, they usually change rules to their advantage whenever necessary. Otherwise they have a good management team.

"Personal loans"

Former Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, benefits, food. Co-workers are nice.

Cons

Most people you talk to will be upset you called. Requires you to sell a product that is hard to believe in. Personal loans at very high IR is often a difficult thing to sell to people with bad credit and little income. It is what it is, a cutthroat sales job, very very competitive. Very little downtime to get yourself together.

Advice to Management

Management is good. Like I said, it is what it is. Make sure you understand what you'll be doing. Save the company time and money if you cant see yourself keeping someone on the phone after numerous declines to continue further with the call.

"It's not all it's made out to be"

Former Employee - Financial Sales Representative (Personal Loans) in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get free food, free booze on Fridays, health, dental and vision coverage plus they cover your bus pass. And, you'll most likely end up with a couple good friends.

Cons

Working at Canada Drives will mean you are constantly spoken down to, you work crazy hours without genuine reward, you are expected to get down and dirty to get a sale, and you'll eventually find yourself questioning what the heck your doing there.

Advice to Management

Rather than constantly hire new people and throw them into the rats race, focus on training the current employees that haven't quit or been fired. And, listen to them. They are the ones working the system day in and day out. Any changes shouldn't just be thrown on the playing field. Start a discussion and ask "Hey, do you guys think this will work better?"