Canada Drives Sales Agent Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Founder and Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 23 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

"Amazing opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Huge bonuses with no cap available to anyone who is willing to work for it
    - Fun, young group of staff who are all encouraging each other's success
    - Get to work in a beautiful Coal Harbour office
    - Fantastic management in every department
    - Unreal growth opportunity both professional and monetarily

Cons

- Long hours (Making good money at any job requires hard work)
    - Customers are often difficult
    - Terrible food in the lunch room but we are surrounded with yummy options outside the office

Advice to Management

You guys are beasts and earn every dollar you receive

"Bad Job - Ignore earlier reviews if you join the sales team"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you look at all these perfect positive reviews they are from within the last 60 days. I find that a little suspicious considering in that time frame the company has been bribing people to like them on Instagram, forcing them to make Linkedin accounts and add them on Linkedin and now probably doing the same with Glassdoor to make the company look good to the public.

With that being said I have only worked in sales and have heard that customer service and IT is better. The pay is hourly so no long days and the work is better. I believe in the creative section there is also some creative control and they seem to like it. And if your a manager your probably going to say good things. That could also maybe be where all these perfect reviews are coming from.

I'm speaking strictly about sales.

BUT that isn't to say there are no pros, here they are:
    Free food - until you get bored of processed lunch meat, bagels, and instant noodles.
    Fun people to work with.
    Random nights like trivia where the owners give out cash money and prizes.
    The owners are pretty cool guys.
    Beer on Fridays at 4:00pm, if you work Fridays.
    Company pays for MSP and Bus Pass after 3rd month

Cons

Long hours - 10hrs/day with no overtime
    Selling scammy products to people who don't need them
    Crappy bonus structure that LOOKS great on paper but in practice isn't
    No health benefits - don't expect to get your teeth cleaned anytime soon
    Crappy phones - for a call center their phone quality is the worst I've ever had to deal with

In my time at Canada Drives, 2-3 months, I saw probably 15-20 different employees start and quit or get fired. I wish I was exaggerating. From the people that DO still work there at least HALF have told me they hated their job and are actively seeking employment elsewhere.

They will talk a big talk and get you to work there and if its your first sales job maybe its a good place to get your feet wet and put on your resume while you look for another job but honestly from my experience you can make more money, working less hours, and actually selling real tangible products that don't screw poor people with no money management skills over working at pretty much any other sales job. Do yourself a favour and go there instead.

With all that being again I'll say - other roles and depts might be better than the sales dept.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well, pay your employees well, learn how to hire and keep good talent. A happy employee is a more productive one and I think it would be cheaper to pay people, not over work them, and make them happy than to constantly hire people who quickly lose motivation and leave. Your sales team is a revolving door of uninspired people biding their time until they find a better gig. If you can't see that and want to fix it then I don't know what to tell you. Remember that everyone who leaves if fired for not hitting targets (because they aren't inspired) or quits it is YOUR failure a well as theirs. I hope you take some ownership for that.

Canada Drives Response

28 May, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hi there,

Thanks for the review. Like a lot of companies starting up we need the support of our employees to help bring our employer brand to life, hence encouraging employees to like us on... More