Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Reviews

Updated 5 February, 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 24 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

"Videographer"

Current Employee - Videographer in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Videographer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people. Excellent leadership in each department. Great food provided. Excellent benefits including travel pass, health and more. Truly nice environment where everyone makes you feel very at home.

Cons

I cannot think of any Cons. I've heard people say they are a "young company". For me that's a Pro - lot's of room for great ideas and advancement.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Overall employee experience is great.

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

Thanks for sharing your experiences as a Videographer at Canada Drives. We are extremely proud of the media that comes out of design department and it’s something that we get recognized for quite... More

"A Place You'll Grow and Find Your Potential"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a great place to work in if you're looking to grow and expand on your knowledge. The management is always ready to help you achieve your goals and are hands on working with you. They take note of your hard work and present you with more responsibilities in a short period of time. Everyone is keen on helping ensure your overall success so you'll never fall short unless you allow yourself to. The company provides medical benefits once you're past your three month probationary period as well as free breakfast and lunch. There are a lot of options to fit your dietary restrictions. Your compass card is also reimbursed which is a huge bonus if you live in the suburbs. It is easy accessible by transit seeing how it is right by the sky train station. There are fun activities you can partake in and team events. One of the best places I've worked for!

Cons

There are none I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Fast paced and fun workplace"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great medical coverage. Strong support team with amazing managers who are readily available. Free breakfast and lunch. Easily accessible through transit. Young and multicultural work environment. Room to move up and get promoted

Cons

There are no cons just excuses.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you’re doing because the company is definitely a pleasure to work for

"Great place, Great people, Great place to build your career."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing training with on boarding. Not only that, extra training is available upon request.

- Management. The management here are great, they are always willing to sit down and have a talk if you feel like your having any personal or professional issues. They know how to get the best out of their staff and cater to each staff members needs. As I used to be a manager in my previous job I respect what they do and how they do it.

- Hard work is recognized and rewarded. Monthly bonuses are made for you to achieve. Not only that there are also a number of side competitions throughout the weeks.

- Career advancement. Canada Drives is continuing to grow and be the fastest growing company in Canada. The company is constantly opening up positions and tend to almost only promote from within.

- Great Vancouver downtown office. The location of the office is situated in the heart of downtown, easily accessible with public transit. Canada Drives actually pays for your transit pass for the month.

- Free breakfast and lunches. Every day the kitchen is stoked out with food.

- Amazing work environment, Very positive place to grow your skill set and learn from others as everyone's opinion is taken on board and listened to.

- Monthly team events. Every month you have a team building event. this could be anything from dinner, bowling, go-karting etc. Your manager chooses some options and your team picks.

Cons

- Long hours, but this is optional. You have your job requirements that have to be met. However in a sales role, I tend to put in a lot of extra hours as I am looking to hit my targets and exceed them.

- Due to the growth of the company we are constantly moving desk in order to make room. This can be annoying due to having all my files saved to my desk stop and having to transfer them each time.

Advice to Management

Honestly, you are great at what you do. I would not doing anything different.

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a long and thoughtful review. We believe in inclusion, both in the products we offer our customers and in the culture we build at Canada Drives... More

"Sales"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Free food
    Nice people
    Close to transit
    Easy to earn higher pay, you just have to work hard
    Management has a clear vision, everyone is on the same page.
    CEO works 6 days a week, all management works hard, they all lead by example. There is a sense of unity.

Cons

Very competitive environment
    Your experience may very depending on department and manager.
    It was my favorite job working in 1 department mostly due to management and it turned into my least favorite job working in another.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"You get what you work for"

Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- if you work very hard, you will make a lot of money. I have been one of top 5 people in my department for the past 2 years and have made 120k+ in the last year and half.
    - FREE FOOD - Unlimited lunch/Breakfast
    - Great environment for young entrepreneurs - if you're 19-25 looking to make a name for yourself in sales then this is a great spot to start.
    - Amazing CEO - Something I love truly about this company is how much the CEO loves his company. He is always doing special events, prizes and trips for the top workers and always having company wide competitions for holidays. Like on St Patricks Day I won best costume and got beat head phones

Cons

- Its hard to move up, because they're a smaller company still, so spots are extremely limited when it comes to moving up in the company

Advice to Management

- They have a hard time sticking to rules, they usually change rules to their advantage whenever necessary. Otherwise they have a good management team.

"One of the Best Companies I've Worked for!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- If you work hard Canada Drives will reward you with advancement, better pay, and their loyalty - Seriously, I have never worked at a company that was so willing to invest in my success.
    - I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money
    - Fun team events where we go out for dinner, karaoke etc
    - Incredibly fast growing company in downtown Vancouver
    - Its got that millennial vibe which is pretty nice - makes the company feel alot younger and hipper

Cons

- Incredibly fast growing can mean growing pains - We've run out of office space before and had to scramble to get desks for staff
    - Every department plays their own music really loudly - this can be cool cause the office is bumping - but sometimes it can also be very loud

Advice to Management

None really. Management has always worked hard to make this an inclusive and enjoyable place for me to work.

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

We really appreciate the time you took to share your experiences working at Canada Drives. We strive to have an environment that’s not only fun to come to work, but where you’re able to reach your... More

8. "CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work with great people. Pretty easy work.

Cons

A bit boring.
    Underpaid.
    Okay for first time workers.

Advice to Management

Management was good

24 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We’re very pleased you’re getting along so well with staff at Canada Drives. If you feel you’re looking for greater responsibility, please do keep an eye out for the new positions... More

"The best job I have had!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is full of talented and motivated individuals that want to see you succeed!
    Everyone is so welcoming and eager to help you reach your full potential no matter what your education or experience may be.
    When you prove you can do a good job management puts a lot of trust in you, which is a nice change!
     Ideas are always welcomed and good ones are given recognition.
     If you work very hard and excel at what you do you are compensated very well!
    My favorite thing about working at Canada Drives though, is the people! The friendships I have made here are amazing! Everyone is open and inviting so it is easy to have fun with your coworkers!

Cons

The hours can be long sometimes, but it 100% worth the time!

Advice to Management

Continue to show your teams that you care and stay approachable! Keep up the good work!

"Fast Growing Company"

Current Employee - N/A in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - N/A in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch every day of the week saves me loads of money