Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Reviews

Updated 26 November, 2018

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 23 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

"You get what you work for"

Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- if you work very hard, you will make a lot of money. I have been one of top 5 people in my department for the past 2 years and have made 120k+ in the last year and half.
    - FREE FOOD - Unlimited lunch/Breakfast
    - Great environment for young entrepreneurs - if you're 19-25 looking to make a name for yourself in sales then this is a great spot to start.
    - Amazing CEO - Something I love truly about this company is how much the CEO loves his company. He is always doing special events, prizes and trips for the top workers and always having company wide competitions for holidays. Like on St Patricks Day I won best costume and got beat head phones

Cons

- Its hard to move up, because they're a smaller company still, so spots are extremely limited when it comes to moving up in the company

Advice to Management

- They have a hard time sticking to rules, they usually change rules to their advantage whenever necessary. Otherwise they have a good management team.

"One of the Best Companies I've Worked for!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- If you work hard Canada Drives will reward you with advancement, better pay, and their loyalty - Seriously, I have never worked at a company that was so willing to invest in my success.
    - I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money
    - Fun team events where we go out for dinner, karaoke etc
    - Incredibly fast growing company in downtown Vancouver
    - Its got that millennial vibe which is pretty nice - makes the company feel alot younger and hipper

Cons

- Incredibly fast growing can mean growing pains - We've run out of office space before and had to scramble to get desks for staff
    - Every department plays their own music really loudly - this can be cool cause the office is bumping - but sometimes it can also be very loud

Advice to Management

None really. Management has always worked hard to make this an inclusive and enjoyable place for me to work.

Canada Drives Response

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

We really appreciate the time you took to share your experiences working at Canada Drives. We strive to have an environment that’s not only fun to come to work, but where you’re able to reach your... More

3. "CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work with great people. Pretty easy work.

Cons

A bit boring.
    Underpaid.
    Okay for first time workers.

Advice to Management

Management was good

Canada Drives Response

24 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We’re very pleased you’re getting along so well with staff at Canada Drives. If you feel you’re looking for greater responsibility, please do keep an eye out for the new positions... More

"The best job I have had!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is full of talented and motivated individuals that want to see you succeed!
    Everyone is so welcoming and eager to help you reach your full potential no matter what your education or experience may be.
    When you prove you can do a good job management puts a lot of trust in you, which is a nice change!
     Ideas are always welcomed and good ones are given recognition.
     If you work very hard and excel at what you do you are compensated very well!
    My favorite thing about working at Canada Drives though, is the people! The friendships I have made here are amazing! Everyone is open and inviting so it is easy to have fun with your coworkers!

Cons

The hours can be long sometimes, but it 100% worth the time!

Advice to Management

Continue to show your teams that you care and stay approachable! Keep up the good work!

"Fast Growing Company"

Current Employee - N/A in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - N/A in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch every day of the week saves me loads of money

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Kitchen serving breakfast, lunch, snack, coffee and tea
    * Room for advancement if you put in the work and you are good at what you do (as it should be)
    * Benefits after 3 months and transit or parking pass
    * Lots of team building activities and group events outside of the office
    * CEO's that genuinely care about their employees and are always encouraging and rewarding those that go the extra mile. They are very hands on.

Cons

Long hours, but if you consider this a career and not a just a job and see the bigger picture of where you are going and the pay off, it's well worth it. This job is not for clock punchers.

"Life at Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Canada Drives (general):
    - Fast growing company
    - Fun & interactive team events
    - Extremely approachable employees
    - Helpful & knowledgeable team managers
    - Full MSP & Premium benefits
    - Fully stocked kitchen (complimentary breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, tea)
    - Reimbursed monthly transit pass
    - Room for growth
    - Seemingly youthful vibe

Administrative Assistant (specific):
    - Actively engaging team
    - Extremely dependable & approachable employees
    - Incredibly team oriented
    - Collaborating closely with team managers
    - Working on different projects

Cons

- Each department has their own set of small speakers that plays different music, can be quite distracting if played too loud

Advice to Management

Continue to actively listen to your employees, help them grow where they need to in order for everyone to succeed. Keep doing what you do!

"Inviting high energy work space"

Current Employee - Sales Administrative in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Administrative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Canada Drives has a warm and open feeling when you walk in the door. It's high energy and people are constantly smiling and cheering each other on. We work in our own office and listen to music while we work and it creates a really relaxed and focused space. We all get along really well, and they'res always something to do so its never boring.

Cons

Because of the type of work sales agents do it can become loud at times, but when it does we just close the door or listen to our own music.

Advice to Management

We have some of the best Managers working at Canada Drives. They make you feel valued and appreciated.

"Good Place to Start"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Very exciting and energetic work place
    - People are tenacious, enthusiastic, and easy to get along with
    - Promotions, raises and bonuses are given out frequently and I know some sales agent who are extremely driven and end up making bank
    - Rewarding to work for a company that cares about your own personal growths and afford you the patience to develop the skills you need to succeed
    - Good place to start if this is your first time in sales and are worried about the stresses of a typical sales job
    - Added bonuses: the fully stocked kitchen, free transit, monthly team outings, and fun company wide contest

Cons

The music they play can get insufferable, I recommend they keep it to one side of the office only!

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Definitely a great place to work. People are so nice that you feel like a family. Hard work is valued by management. There're lots of fun activities. Work hard and play hard environment.

Cons

None of cons I can think of.

Advice to Management

Best management I've ever had.