Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Dec 7, 2019

4.2
Canada Drives CEO Cody Green
Cody Green
  1. "A place that only rewards those that work hard put time in. Personal Loans department."

Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Breakfast is varied alot and free lunch as well. - An environment that will accept you as you are and help you only if you show that you want make money. -They don't sweat the little stuff that doesn't affect your work. If you can sit down and put in time the rewards are easy to see. - The management will always give in as much effort to help you as you put in. They trust you and will go to the bat for you.... -The money is ridiculously easy to get and the benefits are instant even before you first 3 months. -The first month or 2 is harder to get in to the flow especially if you don't come in with extra time -If you come in early or on a Saturday once in a while you will get the better leads and you will get help you just need to ask for it.If you don't ask or show you have interest you will get nothing. - Its not a struneus job you sit in a seat and talk to people that's it. -The health benefits are insanely good - You get to choose when you want to eat. As long as you hit call time you can take your time if you want but most people will choose to make money because as long as you stay on the dialer you will help out people and you will be able to make good money. -You get to help people get loans to better their lives because most of the customers are people that need a loan and no one will trust them enough to give a loan. We help out people that need loans and help out those that don't even understand how badly they need the loan to help their credit. -We help those have only been relying on the Money mart loans that have 600% interest and are stuck in a cycle of debt. The loans we give them are a way to get out of that cycle and have much better interest rates. - Extremely fast growth and the opportunity to move up is everywhere and can easily be attained even within the first 3 months. - You will not get fired unless you stop caring and you start being rude. If people like you and you produce results or even if you show that you have any effort being put in they will not let you go and the management will be there for you so you can learn. -Free monthly buss passes and Free monthly team bonding where its at times normal to eat more at places that you would never normally eat at expensive places.

Cons

- Long hours but that's apart of the job. They tell you in the interview this ain't a job you get into if you want to have all the time in the world. - Sometimes you will be extremely busy to the point you might miss lunch but that is your choice, no one will force you that will be something you choose without realizing it because you want to make good money. - Most people understand that when you come in you... choose which department you want to go to in Canada Drives, The personal loans department where you will not have any real work life/ balance but make a lot of money or the other loan department that you have a Work /life balance and the money is not as much. - You will develop this urge where you feel like if you are not in the office than someone else is going to steal your file or that you could be doing something more productive by being in the office on the dialer. It will consume you at times if you don't learn to separate that urge and fear

Advice to Management

Lets go to team bonding places that are not just to eat.

Canada Drives2019-02-08
  2. "Great place to grow!"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Adviser in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible and encouraging of self-growth and improvement

Cons

The company does it's best to suit everybody's needs, no cons

Canada Drives2019-02-06

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you’re good you can make money

Cons

Abusive management, everyone hooks up with each other, you aren’t allowed to have a life.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting people just because there’s no one else to promote. Hire people with experience who can properly manage a team without bullying.

Canada Drives2019-02-19

"Amazing Company!"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

it's the people who really make this company stand out! great people, easy to get a long with that it hardly felt like work sometimes free food up in the 6th floor the CEO by the name of Cody, what a an easy guy to talk to, very down to earth and very approachable monthly lunches with the team flexible hours beside the Burrard Skytrain Station so very convenient plus transport allowance seems to be a very... successful company growing by the month, about 400 people I think

Cons

sometimes you could have long hours 2-3 people doing the job of one project managers would push too many things at once office space could improve

Advice to Management

slowing down would give people time to deliver better results

Canada Drives2018-12-19

"Highschool"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Fast paced environment, snacks.

Cons

Very childish and unprofessional attitude in the workplace. The only way you’re moving up is if you’re good friends with a manager.

Advice to Management

Manage your HR department, they take weeks and constant reminders to even respond or answer via Slack and professionalism within the workplace.

Canada Drives2019-01-05

"Sales Representative - Personal Loans"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people, young atmosphere, life-long friendships. The ability to double or triple your salary within the first 3-6 months. Free food, paid transit and young management.

Cons

If you are not used to working hard then you will find the hours to be long. But one thing to keep in mind is you can double or triple your salary within your first year at this company as long as you are willing to do what others will not. This is sales, this means you have to do whatever it takes to hit your numbers even if that means putting in some extra hours.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Canada Drives2018-11-26

"Better than you'd think"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Adviser in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Been working at Canadadrives for about a year now (The longest I have worked in a field like this) and I can easily say that that if you plan on looking for a professional environment where you can dictate your income based on numbers YOU produce than this would be the perfect place for you. The workplace is never dull with ever changing music and company activities. One of the things that have kept me here so long... is the networking you can build being around so many people who over achieve in many different avenues of their lives. I would strongly suggest this place to any driven individual.

Cons

There isn't really anything I can think of off the top of my head. The only thing I would say some people will find as a Con is that if you plan on slacking around and making easy money than this isn't the place for you. But I think that goes with any work place better than an entry level role.

Canada Drives2018-11-20
  8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Love working here, hard work is definitely rewarded. Loyalty is definitely rewarded. I've gained a lot of lifelong relationships here, one of the greatest work environments I've ever been in. Time flies at work, never a dull moment. I'm always bragging to my friends about what I do. Love it.

Cons

Can't think of anything, it's all good!

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Canada Drives2018-11-26

"not worth it"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

free food and transit and office music

Cons

there are too many to place in this small of a space. verbal abuse from managers is more frequent than the customers you interact with the list of tasks grows and changes weekly those in charge are extremely greedy and are constantly demanding more without pay raises inconsistent management and office environment its hourly pay but stops after 8hs you a required to stay unpaid if they are not happy with... your performance for the day EXTREME turn over rates

Advice to Management

stop being bullies learn to relax

Canada Drives2018-12-13

"Amazing Sales Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

Teaches you how to become a sales expert, solid training and very competitive.

Cons

Call time was a bit much sometimes.

Canada Drives2018-11-06