Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Reviews

Updated 26 November, 2018

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 23 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

"Canada Drives Taught Me How to Love Again"

Current Employee - Team Manager
    Current Employee - Team Manager

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The culture at the company is amazing. You will definitely make some amazing friends working here.
    - All employees of every level are supportive of one another.
    - All the tools necessary to do well in any of the positions at the company are there for you. You just have to use them and take feedback in order to improve and succeed.
    - The work is all about setting goals and working hard to reach them. It is a very rewarding experience.
    - Accomplishing goals, hitting targets, getting compensated for your hard work, the benefits, the fully serviced kitchen, the benefits, and the people here make you love coming to work.

Cons

- A few more food options would be awesome! Other than that, it is awesome working here!

Advice to Management

- Keep doing what you are doing! Stick to what has worked and made this company such a great place to work at!

24 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Your feedback is really appreciated. Setting goals and working towards them is a big part of how we as a company like to do things. It’s how Cody Green and Michael Galpin started and have grown the... More

"5 Shocking Things About Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) FUN - Our team at Canada Drives is a lively bunch. Work hard play hard.

2) OPPORTUNITY - In 2016 we had the fastest growing company in Canada. Their is ample opportunity to progress your career.

3) FOOD - People say nothing in life is free.... Well at Canada Drives we have a stocked & staffed kitchen daily from 7AM - 7PM. It truly is Free!! No fine print.

4) MONEY - Lots of it! For example an employee that began with our company exactly 9 months ago earned $12,200 last month . I can confidently say if you commit yourself to this job you WILL be rewarded.

Cons

5) PARKING - Rates in the Bentall Centre parkade parallel the amount one would pay for accommodation downtown. Although Canada Drives has transit reimbursement perks... be prepared!

Advice to Management

Thank you for your devotion to the company - Keep growing!

24 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear you are having fun at work! Our CEOs Cody Green and Mike Galpin want all Canada Drives employees to feel a sense of community and enjoy all the... More

"Driven by Canada Drives"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Canada Drives is the first "real job" I have ever had, and I am so grateful for it. I have learnt so much by working hands on with some incredibly influential people, who I am proud to be able to not only call co-workers, but lifelong friends. There has never been a moment where I have hesitated to ask a question or ask somebody for help. Everyone here wants to be able to guide you in the right direction. Working at this thriving company has really helped me discover myself as a person and at a professional level. The buzz you feel from the busy sales floor is electric, it motivates everyone with the same mindset to grind as hard as you can. Everyone at this company has one goal, to be the very BEST. Working with like-minded people is such a breath of fresh air, it makes coming to the office every morning so easy. Any one at this company that works hard is acknowledged not only by their manager but the CEO, Mike Galpin, which is found very rare in companies. Even with his busy schedule he still recognizes his employees endeavors with generous team events and prizes – trips to Vegas, L.A., Amsterdam, etc.!)

This company has changed my life, submitting my resume is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Additional Benefits:
    - Medical/Prescription/Travel Coverage
    - Dental Coverage
    - Full Transit Transportation Coverage
    - Massages/Chiropractor/Acupuncture Coverage
    - MSP
    - Free kitchen loaded with snacks, fruit, breakfast, salad bar, and staff fridge
    - Internal Job Offers

Cons

There is nothing for me to write in this section.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. Everyone's hard work is so inspiring. You all make me want to work harder! Thank you for always trying to make this company better day by day.

"Motivated culture to make MONEY"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- This job really is a great overall experience. Meeting all kinds of people, from all types of cultures, genders, sexual orientations, age groups, etc.

- Money motivated culture.

- Energetic floor space; everyone always positive!

- Rewards really pay off when you work hard!

Cons

- Nothing in mind.

- RedBull isn’t free!

Advice to Management

You are all doing a very great job!

3 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Your review is greatly appreciated. It sounds like you are getting the most out of your opportunity and that’s what we want for all Canada Drives employees. We pride ourselves on having a diverse and... More

"Opportunity for growth"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

- Thriving working environment that is both fun and enjoyable to work in
    - Lots of potential to grow and learn new disciplines
    - Fully stocked kitchen so you don't have to buy lunch all the time
    - Fast growing company with a good location
    - Hard work is rewarded
    - Regular fun team outings

Cons

- Some processes are still been implemented due to the company growing so fast - however this gives employees the chance to help make these processes

Advice to Management

Not doing much wrong. Helpful and hard working.

"Videographer"

Current Employee - Videographer in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Videographer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people. Excellent leadership in each department. Great food provided. Excellent benefits including travel pass, health and more. Truly nice environment where everyone makes you feel very at home.

Cons

I cannot think of any Cons. I've heard people say they are a "young company". For me that's a Pro - lot's of room for great ideas and advancement.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Overall employee experience is great.

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

Thanks for sharing your experiences as a Videographer at Canada Drives. We are extremely proud of the media that comes out of design department and it’s something that we get recognized for quite... More

"A Place You'll Grow and Find Your Potential"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a great place to work in if you're looking to grow and expand on your knowledge. The management is always ready to help you achieve your goals and are hands on working with you. They take note of your hard work and present you with more responsibilities in a short period of time. Everyone is keen on helping ensure your overall success so you'll never fall short unless you allow yourself to. The company provides medical benefits once you're past your three month probationary period as well as free breakfast and lunch. There are a lot of options to fit your dietary restrictions. Your compass card is also reimbursed which is a huge bonus if you live in the suburbs. It is easy accessible by transit seeing how it is right by the sky train station. There are fun activities you can partake in and team events. One of the best places I've worked for!

Cons

There are none I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Great place, Great people, Great place to build your career."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing training with on boarding. Not only that, extra training is available upon request.

- Management. The management here are great, they are always willing to sit down and have a talk if you feel like your having any personal or professional issues. They know how to get the best out of their staff and cater to each staff members needs. As I used to be a manager in my previous job I respect what they do and how they do it.

- Hard work is recognized and rewarded. Monthly bonuses are made for you to achieve. Not only that there are also a number of side competitions throughout the weeks.

- Career advancement. Canada Drives is continuing to grow and be the fastest growing company in Canada. The company is constantly opening up positions and tend to almost only promote from within.

- Great Vancouver downtown office. The location of the office is situated in the heart of downtown, easily accessible with public transit. Canada Drives actually pays for your transit pass for the month.

- Free breakfast and lunches. Every day the kitchen is stoked out with food.

- Amazing work environment, Very positive place to grow your skill set and learn from others as everyone's opinion is taken on board and listened to.

- Monthly team events. Every month you have a team building event. this could be anything from dinner, bowling, go-karting etc. Your manager chooses some options and your team picks.

Cons

- Long hours, but this is optional. You have your job requirements that have to be met. However in a sales role, I tend to put in a lot of extra hours as I am looking to hit my targets and exceed them.

- Due to the growth of the company we are constantly moving desk in order to make room. This can be annoying due to having all my files saved to my desk stop and having to transfer them each time.

Advice to Management

Honestly, you are great at what you do. I would not doing anything different.

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a long and thoughtful review. We believe in inclusion, both in the products we offer our customers and in the culture we build at Canada Drives... More

"Fast paced and fun workplace"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great medical coverage. Strong support team with amazing managers who are readily available. Free breakfast and lunch. Easily accessible through transit. Young and multicultural work environment. Room to move up and get promoted

Cons

There are no cons just excuses.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you’re doing because the company is definitely a pleasure to work for

"Sales"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Free food
    Nice people
    Close to transit
    Easy to earn higher pay, you just have to work hard
    Management has a clear vision, everyone is on the same page.
    CEO works 6 days a week, all management works hard, they all lead by example. There is a sense of unity.

Cons

Very competitive environment
    Your experience may very depending on department and manager.
    It was my favorite job working in 1 department mostly due to management and it turned into my least favorite job working in another.

Advice to Management

Keep it up