Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Reviews

Updated 5 February, 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 24 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

"Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working at Canada Drives in February 2018 after immigrating to Canada from Ireland. The company offered a warm welcome, and made my adjustment a comfortable and positive experience.
    I worked in the Personal Loans department originally, and was offered a Management position after 6 months.
    It is a very motivational environment, with constant encouragement from Managers and peers to advance within the company. My leadership skills have grown immensely and I am grateful for the opportunity to work in such a friendly work space.
    I have, and will continue to refer friends to work at Canada Drives.

Cons

I have no negative feedback about my life at Canada Drives.

21 Aug, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

It’s great to hear you’ve settled in so well! We have numerous staff who have come from overseas and found their niche with Canada Drives. Your example shows others in your team and the company that... More

"You Shouldn’t Throw Stones… If You Work at Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Team Manager, Customer Service Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I started at Canada Drives 2 years ago I didn't know much about the company. I started in sales and worked my way up to a team manager. There was a learning curve at first but they did their best to make us comfortable and understand the roles. It is a fun, fast paced environment. My favorite part about working at Canada Drives is the team atmosphere. The company provides great benefits such as paid for team events every month. There is also a fully stocked kitchen, and transit reimbursements. Canada Drives offers the opportunity to make lots of extra money plus they provide you with health benefits. If you have great work ethic and are goal oriented you will succeed at Canada Drives.

Cons

Being on a sales floor everyone has a monthly target and on slow months there is a lot of extra pressure to achieve your goal. Sometimes that means spending a bit of time on the weekend to hit your goal, but if you work hard, you will be rewarded.

30 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for leaving Canada Drives a review about your work experience. It’s great to know you like the office atmosphere and employee benefits here. It’s also good to see you have advanced your... More

"Work hard, play hard."

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Results oriented
    - Fast paced environment
    - Motivating work culture
    - Subsidized transit
    - Free breakfast and lunch

Cons

- Sales is a grind. They are definitely looking for someone who is able to work hard.

Advice to Management

- It'd be nice to have more interdepartmental events. Aside from that keep up the good work!

""Helping hundreds of Canadians a day with their financial future""

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the most lively and welcoming place to work. As soon as you walk in you are greeted with smiles by everyone in the office. The music is always bumping and everyone is always griding. If you are looking for a group of younger individuals who are all looking to work hard and become successful this is the place to work.
    Starting only about 10 years ago, there is so much room to grow in this company and looking at the people who have been here long term everyone is so satisfied with the constant movement in the company. It is fast paced, and there is so much money to be made if you put in the time and effort and are eager to learn.
    Management is so eager to see everyone succeed and hold training almost daily to ensure we can find any shortcomings we may have.
    Located in the heart of coal harbor, there are so many places to go and eat if the sandwich and salad bar are not grabbing your eye at the office.
    The teams we work on all go out together and grab food and drinks. The money here is good, but we all stay for the company culture.
    The work we do here is also so fulfilling. Every day we are helping customers learn more about what has happened with their credit, how to avoid hurting their credit and help them improve it!
    We help Canadians all over the country with financing that they would otherwise be unable to acquire and at a reasonable interest rate.
    All of our loans are also set up to report to the Canadian credit bureaus so that our customers can build their credit up to the point where they can walk into a bank and qualify for prime loans at prime rates.

Cons

The long hours can take a toll but the management here works so hard to take care of us and ensure we have what we need to succeed (they hand out energy drinks if the sales floor isn't as pumped as normal).
    The kitchen could have more options but it's nice having the opportunity to eat for free every day!

Advice to Management

You guys all work so hard to ensure we succeed, and you all have our backs. Keep crushing it every day!

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we’re glad to hear your experience at Canada Drives has been a positive one.

The CEO’s Michael Galpin and Cody Green have taken a lot of pride... More

"Best company to work for in Vancouver"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

I have worked at Canada Drives for 3 years and I have been given the opportunity for growth and success since day 1. The growth in this company over the last 3 years has been tremendous. Management truly believes in staff that work hard, and those that work hard are always rewarded. It starts from the top, the CEO Mike Galpin has given me all the tools I need to succeed in this company, he fully supports everyone, takes time to listen to ideas from staff, and always goes out of his way to do cool stuff outside of work with everyone, the best boss for sure. The overall high energy work environment, great downtown location, make it a great place to come to work everyday. Perks like a fully stocked kitchen and free transit passes are always good as well :) Overall wouldnt want to work anywhere else. I can honestly say you truly have a shot at being successful working at Canada Drives.

Cons

Gets hot after 6PM
    More workstations could be useful
    More variety in the kitchen would be great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thing!!

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

We appreciate you taking the time to speak about your experiences working at Canada Drives. We love hearing feedback from people who have really seen their career grow and continue to grow at our... More

"Canada Drives Taught Me How to Love Again"

Current Employee - Team Manager
    Current Employee - Team Manager

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The culture at the company is amazing. You will definitely make some amazing friends working here.
    - All employees of every level are supportive of one another.
    - All the tools necessary to do well in any of the positions at the company are there for you. You just have to use them and take feedback in order to improve and succeed.
    - The work is all about setting goals and working hard to reach them. It is a very rewarding experience.
    - Accomplishing goals, hitting targets, getting compensated for your hard work, the benefits, the fully serviced kitchen, the benefits, and the people here make you love coming to work.

Cons

- A few more food options would be awesome! Other than that, it is awesome working here!

Advice to Management

- Keep doing what you are doing! Stick to what has worked and made this company such a great place to work at!

24 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Your feedback is really appreciated. Setting goals and working towards them is a big part of how we as a company like to do things. It’s how Cody Green and Michael Galpin started and have grown the... More

"5 Shocking Things About Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) FUN - Our team at Canada Drives is a lively bunch. Work hard play hard.

2) OPPORTUNITY - In 2016 we had the fastest growing company in Canada. Their is ample opportunity to progress your career.

3) FOOD - People say nothing in life is free.... Well at Canada Drives we have a stocked & staffed kitchen daily from 7AM - 7PM. It truly is Free!! No fine print.

4) MONEY - Lots of it! For example an employee that began with our company exactly 9 months ago earned $12,200 last month . I can confidently say if you commit yourself to this job you WILL be rewarded.

Cons

5) PARKING - Rates in the Bentall Centre parkade parallel the amount one would pay for accommodation downtown. Although Canada Drives has transit reimbursement perks... be prepared!

Advice to Management

Thank you for your devotion to the company - Keep growing!

24 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear you are having fun at work! Our CEOs Cody Green and Mike Galpin want all Canada Drives employees to feel a sense of community and enjoy all the... More

"Motivated culture to make MONEY"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- This job really is a great overall experience. Meeting all kinds of people, from all types of cultures, genders, sexual orientations, age groups, etc.

- Money motivated culture.

- Energetic floor space; everyone always positive!

- Rewards really pay off when you work hard!

Cons

- Nothing in mind.

- RedBull isn’t free!

Advice to Management

You are all doing a very great job!

3 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Your review is greatly appreciated. It sounds like you are getting the most out of your opportunity and that’s what we want for all Canada Drives employees. We pride ourselves on having a diverse and... More

"Driven by Canada Drives"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Canada Drives is the first "real job" I have ever had, and I am so grateful for it. I have learnt so much by working hands on with some incredibly influential people, who I am proud to be able to not only call co-workers, but lifelong friends. There has never been a moment where I have hesitated to ask a question or ask somebody for help. Everyone here wants to be able to guide you in the right direction. Working at this thriving company has really helped me discover myself as a person and at a professional level. The buzz you feel from the busy sales floor is electric, it motivates everyone with the same mindset to grind as hard as you can. Everyone at this company has one goal, to be the very BEST. Working with like-minded people is such a breath of fresh air, it makes coming to the office every morning so easy. Any one at this company that works hard is acknowledged not only by their manager but the CEO, Mike Galpin, which is found very rare in companies. Even with his busy schedule he still recognizes his employees endeavors with generous team events and prizes – trips to Vegas, L.A., Amsterdam, etc.!)

This company has changed my life, submitting my resume is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Additional Benefits:
    - Medical/Prescription/Travel Coverage
    - Dental Coverage
    - Full Transit Transportation Coverage
    - Massages/Chiropractor/Acupuncture Coverage
    - MSP
    - Free kitchen loaded with snacks, fruit, breakfast, salad bar, and staff fridge
    - Internal Job Offers

Cons

There is nothing for me to write in this section.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. Everyone's hard work is so inspiring. You all make me want to work harder! Thank you for always trying to make this company better day by day.

"Opportunity for growth"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

- Thriving working environment that is both fun and enjoyable to work in
    - Lots of potential to grow and learn new disciplines
    - Fully stocked kitchen so you don't have to buy lunch all the time
    - Fast growing company with a good location
    - Hard work is rewarded
    - Regular fun team outings

Cons

- Some processes are still been implemented due to the company growing so fast - however this gives employees the chance to help make these processes

Advice to Management

Not doing much wrong. Helpful and hard working.