Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Cody Green
  1. "Great Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

- great and supportive work environment - plenty of opportunity for growth - awesome coffee machine - convenient location

Cons

- kitchen food gets pretty repetitive

Canada Drives2019-07-17
  2. "Lots of room for growth."

Current Employee - SDR

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

Grind and grow. Take initiative and get your numbers up and you won’t have a problem.

Cons

Hours are long, people become complacent and there is no integrity in the sales process.

Canada Drives2019-07-29

"A great place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Breakfast and lunch provided in office kitchen, young, dynamic and friendly employees. Employers who appreciate employees in a number of fun and creative ways. Ex. Bonuses, team events, dinners etc. . A great place to gain experience and to build a career in a number of different fields.

Cons

I live in Surrey so the commute is not great, but the company makes up for it with paying for transit pass and providing basic breakfast and lunch options.

Canada Drives2019-07-10
  4. "Amazing Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

Probability for advancement through the company, Great pay for the work you put in, Free breakfast and lunches, 100% transit reimbursement after three months, benefits after three months, paid vacation time, amazing work experience

Cons

Nothing off the top of my head- equal giveback for you put in just stay motivated and work hard.

Canada Drives2019-06-17

"Horrible management and it shows as they have an extremely high turnover rate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Uncapped commission in sales Downtown by train

Cons

Pay Hours (Some departments work 10+ hrs shifts with no commission or bonuses Management Unethical sales practices

Canada Drives2019-07-19
  6. "I worked at Canada Drives full-time for more than 2 years"

Current Employee - Senior Loans Adviser

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Management support - Free lunches/breakfast (stocked kitchen) - Team events - Progression to grow - Subsidized Compass Pass - Benefits after 3 months

Cons

- No hot food - Strained eyes from looking at a computer screen all day

Canada Drives2019-05-22

"High Pressure Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Commissions, Fun Co-Workers, Busy

Cons

Management, Customer Base, High-Pressure for the pay, Long work hours for the pay, Difficult management communication

Canada Drives2019-05-12
  8. "Wish it paid better because everything else was great"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Company culture, beautiful location, lots of job perks

Cons

High pressure, low pay, a little cliquey

Canada Drives2019-04-29

"Customer Service Rep"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

The benefits are really generous. You can go for a massage, get orthotics (they cover 80%) and they also take care of your transit every month. The kitchen is also fully stocked with cereal, sandwiches, coffee, tea and other snacks.

Cons

Many of the positive reviews on here are probably not real. When I worked at the company last year, there was a particularly bad review that came up on google when people searched for the company. In response, one of the mangers asked an employee to write a positive review and everyone on the team was asked to give it a like so that the other review would have lower priority.

Canada Drives2019-03-26

"Shortsighted Outlook, Questionable Practices"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

- 100% travel compensation - Assortment of food selection in the kitchen + Awesome lunch room staff who are willing to try out different menus, soups, and salads - Ability to move up within the company and try out different positions - Young and energetic atmosphere; Very lively

Cons

- Ability to move up within the company: Heavy focus on 'Go-getters' and less on qualifications; No strictly regulated yearly performance reviews/Compensation (For non-Sales staff, from my experience) - A quick tour of the sales floor and you'll hear 'interesting' conversations between staff members and clients involving arguments and sometimes swearing; While I can't say with certainty that the arguments are... warranted, swearing across the floor is very prevalent; I have had clients complain of hearing this type of language on the phone (on more than one occasion). - Toxic culture: Training staff and management convincing 'fresh meat' that higher education is unnecessary, and selling them on the idea of making big bucks and less focus of how our products benefit the clients.

Advice to Management

If you have to constantly remind your staff to follow protocol, to clean up their work area so it doesn't look like a dump, and to threaten to fire all staff that smoke on the property because building management has filed multiple complaints, it may be important to investigate the a) the people you hire b) upper management that set up these rules & protocols. While over time I have witnessed an increase in... preventative measures and training courses, most of the rules are treated as guidelines. People who have been let go for misconduct get hired back, people who break rules get 'spoken to' with no further repercussions. The company needs to take a more preventative approach, instead of a reactive approach. The issues listed above are a few of the instances of long-existing problems that are just recently addressed in an almost decade-old company. I'm not sure how big Canada Drives really is as a financial institution in Canada, but I cannot see how the company can elevate itself (image wise) with the path it's currently taking. How do you expect clients to take the word of an Agent who tries to convince them that we are a legitimate service dealing with their credit, when it sounds like a club in the background, with uncensored music going full blast 24/7, and swearing from staff members (including managers)? This review is so long because I sincerely had a fruitful experience at my time here; It's just sad to see the people who actually put their head down and do the hard work get little recognition for it; Upper management should also understand that there are staff members who really are just good at what they do, and to compensate them for the length of time at the company (again, this is for non-sales staff members, from my experience). I'm sure most if not all staff members at the company are generally quite friendly and approachable, but it's the constant enabling of this behaviour that causes this rot to grow and grow. While I was given a great opportunity to work here and learned a great deal about credit services and sales products, I can't quite say I'm proud to be a member of Canada Drives.

Canada Drives2019-03-03