Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Reviews

Updated 5 February, 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 24 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

"Amazing company with amazing pay"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Insane bonus structure if you work hard and are willing to grind - it is absolutely possible to be earning up to 10k gross in a month
    - Free breakfast and lunch
    - Great benefits and MSP program
    - Unbelievably fast growing company
    - Fun, energetic, and enthusiastic environment
    - Managers are beyond amazing and super easy to get along with

Cons

This job is very time consuming if you want to do well, but if you are a hard worker who is willing to put in the work then this would not be an issue

Advice to Management

No advice to management. Super supportive and understanding, perfect balance of friend and manager

13 Sep, 2018 – Founder & Co-CEO

Really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience being a part of the team!

2. "Canada Drives Review"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Awesome food + coffee available most of the day
    - People are very friendly
    - Good for gaining experience and personal growth
    - Fast growing - new opportunities come up all the time
    - High energy if you're on the right floor
    - Good benefits after 3 months

Cons

- None off the top.

Advice to Management

None

17 Sep, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

All your points are greatly appreciated. We’re pleased you’re seeing the value of working in an office where everyone works hard and has a good time. Your professional growth and well-being are very... More

"Best place to start your Career"

Current Employee - Junior QA Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Junior QA Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible and cares about employees. Great people. Good collaboration among teams.

This would probably be one of the best learning experiences I've ever had. I had the chance to learn from many experienced coworkers
    Scope for Learning is High

Fully Stocked Kitchen

Monthly Team Lunches

Full MSP, Premium benefits and Reimbursed monthly Transit Pass

Cons

No major cons to mention

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing now

17 Sep, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thanks for letting us know! It’s great to hear your co-workers are sharing their experience to help you keep learning. We’re also glad you’re enjoying the workplace benefits we offer.

"This company can and will take you from minimum wage to over 100k/year"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Canada Drives for just over 18 months now. This company is best company I have ever worked for. The culture is vibrant, diverse, and welcoming . As for opportunities, they are endless at Canada Drives. I started working here in an entry level sales position, and worked my way up to the top sales team of the company in less than two years.

There is no secret code of success at Canada Drives. All you have to do is join, work harder than anyone else in the room, and be rewarded for it. You can easily make over 100k a year offering products that help your clients.

If sales is not your cup of tea, there are other great positions available as well. From photography and customer service, to web design and marketing. The opportunities are endless & the compensation is unbeatable. This is the best company you will ever work for.

Cons

No major cons. The A/C can be cranked up a little colder in the summer but that's about it!

17 Sep, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Your success is well deserved! You’ve really grasped how we encourage our staff to achieve their potential. The opportunities really are endless. We’ll be sure to adjust the thermostat better in the... More

"Canada Drives, a lap above the rest!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing support
    Tons of career growing opportunities
    Upbeat & energetic teams
    Dependable HR
    Crazy Benefits

Cons

Still looking for some real ones.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing your teams to be amazing and they will feed off it and aim for greatness the same as I push to do so everyday that I am there

4 Sep, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We really appreciate your feedback! Our customer-focused approach relies on the work you and your team do each day. It’s great to know you feel supported in your role, and are experiencing the growth... More

"Personal loans"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible space for upward mobility if you work hard, commit to putting in the hours and can grind it out for long enough. The managers and in particular the Programme manager are extremely helpful and thoroughly invested in the staff. Sales in general is also the strongest bedrock if you are looking to begin a career and are not sure of the exact route you wish to take. The people are also great, really fun environment and a great place to make friends.

Cons

When you start out you will be working very long hours (approx 10-12), the work can also be monotonous and at times very frustrating. Certain sales can also be difficult to reconcile morally. In the beginning it will certainly be difficult to justify the hours you work relative to the pay ($2100 net per month before bonus) however as previously mentioned if you are determined enough you most certainly will make considerable money.

Advice to Management

middle management in personal loans are terrific and really do try their best and represent the staff well, the bonus structure however does ensure that it is very difficult for new staff to obtain bonuses, high turnover reflects this.

"Young, Energetic Company which is always growing"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Lots of opportunity for Growth
    -Great location downtown
    -Great education/training on credit, finances and customer service
    -Focus on internal development and promotion
    -Management takes a direct focus in you

Cons

-Can be very difficult to take in all the information at first
    -Lots of new employees come in to the company and then move on

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

21 Aug, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at Canada Drives. We truly are a young and energetic company, and you have plenty of opportunity to grow with the company. Our CEOs... More

"Lots of Opportunities and Room for Growth!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives (More than 3 years)

Pros

Canada Drives is a young, fun company to work for. The atmosphere and energy on all the floors are great. There are team building events all the time, and staff are always rewarded for good work. There is a ton of money to be made in Sales, and so much room for advancement in every department.

Since I have worked at Canada Drives, every year new departments have sprung up, which means that top performers are always getting promoted. If you work hard, Managers at Canada Drives notice.

In the last 3+years, I have personally gone through numerous different roles here and have learned so many different valuable skills that I don't think I would have been able to learn elsewhere.

The CEOs provide a great work environment for all the staff and both of them have open door policies.
    Mike Galpin is the master of Sales. I think every Sales Agent at Canada Drives looks up to him. I have worked closely with him and he has taught me so much he and gives you space and freedom to do your job without micromanaging.
    Both Mike and Cody are inspiring leaders and are always looking to everyone on their teams for new ideas (and actually encourage them).

The best part about working here though is all the people you get to meet and work with every day, hands down.

Cons

I think if you are looking for a job where you can coast by without much effort, a job here likely isn't for you. Between all departments, I think the common attribute is that everyone is hard working and actually wants to come to work every day and accel in their careers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, and keep communication strong amongst all Managers.

3 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. Your versatility and hard work have been integral to helping us grow our workforce, products, and service. Sales is a vital part of our business, and we’re pleased to know... More

"Hard work pays off at Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Client Care Team Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Client Care Team Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Hard work is recognized, encouraged, and rewarded. The common thread among long term staff is dedication to their jobs, excellent work ethic, an ability to encourage success and confidence in others, and a passion to ensure Canada Drives continues to be an amazing company to work for every day, for everyone.

- Fantastic people to work with. There is an invaluable amount of knowledge and skills to be shared to help you grow professionally and personally

- Lack of separation from senior staff/management. Engagement with employees at all levels of seniority helps to break down barriers and encourages a team atmosphere

Cons

Open office - can get pretty loud at times.

Advice to Management

Continue what you're already doing - investing in your employees, providing awesome opportunities, and fostering a positive, fun, and inclusive working environment.

3 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We’re very grateful for your feedback. With over 400 employees and half of those people in our sales department, we take every effort to enable everyone to do the best they can. Canada Drives open... More

"I will retire here"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome Team:
    This is the first company I ever worked at where the CEO, Cody Green and VP of Technology, Rick Dhami cares about me on a personal level. I come into work everyday stressed free, not due to lack of work or the intensity of the work, but because I know I'm work with most supportive co-workers and managements I can have.

Projects and Freedom:
    I've worked on a number of projects at Canada Drives and my favourite part, has to be the freedom and trust granted to approach each project. I never felt like a code monkey and my ideas and concerns were always heard. Even when I had project ideas of my own, I could easily approach Cody to voice them freely.

Great Benefits:
    We get pretty good medical coverage as well as breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Fully paid compass cards and travel. There's a lot of event planners doing yoga sessions, outings, and various other activities on regular basis. A small but dedicated and hard working team just went to Montreal to watch the Grand Prix F1 race! But I think above all, they compensate your hard work and loyalty greatly. I've had a 100% pay raise since I've started working here, over the span of 3 years, I don't think many people can say that.

Cons

No Remote Work:
    It's hard to push for remote accessibility when we deal with sensitive data, and when we all live in the greater Vancouver area.

Longer Hours:
    I did sign up for this, but 9 hours work days do get a bit tiring.

Long Commute:
    This doesn't apply for everyone, but it takes me an hour everyday to get to downtown, and another hour to get home.

Cramped:
    There's just a lot of people in the office, does feel a bit cramped at times, and harder to find seating in kitchen during lunch hours. I've actually started having lunch at odd hours (11:30 or 13:00) to avoid the lunch rush.

Lack of Process:
    This is actually getting addressed, the company kind of grew out of the startup phase and we don't have much training and processes to support it.

Advice to Management

Shout out to a few managers, keep being awesome:

Cody Green, the smartest and most humble man I know. If I ever need motivation to push myself further, I don't need to look very far.

Rick Dhami, nicest and most supportive man I ever work for. I never feel uncomfortable talking to Rick, even when it's opening up about issues I've caused and things I've broken. I could always walk into his office to talk about anything.

Jessica Bindisch, hardest working manager. I feel compelled to mention Jessica because I've never met any manager who's worked harder than most of her team. She's also grown more than most people I know.

12 Jun, 2018 – HR

Thank you for sharing your experiences working at Canada Drives. I’m really happy that you recognize your contributions to the company and never feel like a “code monkey”. We are excited about the... More