Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Reviews

Updated 5 February, 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 24 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

"loans"

Former Employee - Loans in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Loans in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay, good experience

Cons

verbal abuse by customers and managers, contempt for education

Advice to Management

relax

"Young , fun and energetic place of work with great opportunities to make a lot of money!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked here for 5 months now and ever since my first day I've felt welcome by everyone. The company is constantly expanding and there are a lot of people from all ages working here. Out of all these people the majority are incredibly friendly, positive and social which creates a great work environment for everyone. Most of the employees work close with their managers too which gives them a great chance to always learn more and constantly grow.
    In some departments of this company you are able to make a really good amount of money each month if you are willing to work hard. Other than that there are a bunch of great benefits such as free breakfast and lunch everyday, full transit reimbursements, health and dental care etc.
    This really is an amazing company to be part of and I'm happy to go to work everyday!

Cons

Sometimes it can get a little too noisy in the office but other than that there's not really anything to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, you guys are doing great!

25 Oct, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thanks for the feedback! Canada Drives goes to great lengths to make all Canada Drives staff feel welcome at work each and every day. Our CEOs Cody Green and Michael Galpin introduced an excellent... More

3. "Office Admin"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really good company to work for. Great atmosphere, very nice people and comprehensive benefits package.

Cons

Nothing to complaint about. I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company.

3 Dec, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to write wonderful feedback about Canada Drives. Our CEO’s Mike Galpin and Cody Green, strive to make this the best work environment possible. Thank you for being a... More

"Sales Rep"

Pros

Free Food, but just typical sandwiches

Cons

They teach you the bases of how to scam desperate Canadians who already has little to offer. If you work here, be prepared to throw your human morals away.
    (Beware to other reviews here, or other websites on this company. They pay for good reviews and also ask employees to do it for them. Either way if you wan't to experience it for yourself go right ahead.)

Advice to Management

Karma's swings right around all the innocent people you guys stole from, and harass with calls and poor business ethics, will come bite you back.

"Canada Drives has provided so many opportunities"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Managers care about the growth of their agents and helping them achieve their goals
    -Fun event days to get the whole company into the spirit of holidays/national __ day/
    -Opportunities to grow within the company are all around, you can move up within 6 months or within a year depends on how hard you work

Cons

-Turn over rate is pretty high, either due to school, other obligations, not a good fit, etc
    -Not a job for those looking to make easy money

Advice to Management

More opportunities for the departments to get to know each other

25 Oct, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. All our managers are expected to help their team members succeed, and as Canada Drives continues to grow you should see more opportunities... More

"Poorly run management that only care about themselves"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

- Free food
    - Transit compensation
    - Full medical and dental benefits after three months

Cons

- Poor management
    - Lack of proper training
    - Forced to speak from a script which gets pretty redundant real quick
    - Discourages innovative thinking

Advice to Management

You need to hire managers with actual experience and not a bunch of late 20s people who are cocky and think they're on top of the world. You need to hire managers who can actually take feedback for the better of the business and not take it as some kind of threat or insubordination to their position.

Your sales department is also a joke. Brainwashing a bunch of teenagers into scamming poor people with a fixed 46.96% interest rate? That's even worse than most banks! Absolutely disgusting. They also do not disclose the approved interest rate until the applicant has already gotten their credit checked. Ouch. You're robbing people with no money of money they don't have. How do you live with yourself?

"Mind numbing dreadful work. Great food though."

Pros

Great food and awesome co-workers.

Cons

Slipshode unfocused rushed training. Manager likes to call people he doesn't like idiots. The work often involved people screaming crying rightfully so over great financial issues caused me to bring a lot of stress to my relationships.

Advice to Management

Invest more time creating a proper training program they waste a lot of money training new people.

8. "This job changed my life."

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No salary cap, you can make as much as you want to
    Unlimited advancement opportunity

Cons

Longer hours and challenging to begin with

Advice to Management

More variety to kitchen food and beverages. Ex instant noodles

9 Oct, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We’re proud to hear how working for Canada Drives has impacted your career. We want to give you all the support possible to achieve your ambition, and it’s exemplary how much you have accomplished... More

9. "Life Changing"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So many to mention. First and foremost the people. I'm a strong believer that if you like the people you work with you'll love what you do. Being surrounded with such positive people from the top (Michael Galpin) all the way down everyone is truly amazing. The energy from the time you walk through doors until you get to your desk is happy, energetic and positive. The compensation for your hard work is truly rewarding. Coming from over a decade of sales experience at all levels in many industries and organizations i feel i am finally being paid what my efforts are worth. It's encouraging, motivating and exciting to check your pay. Money is no longer a point of stress in my life and i'm able to provide a beautiful life for a family as the primary source of income while my partner goes to school. None of this is possible without Canada Drives.

Cons

I can't think of one.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I've always felt cared about not only as an employee but a person. The growth is motivation to be great and work towards advancement in the company and be here for life. Thanks Mike & Cody.

9 Oct, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for sharing how you feel about working for Canada Drives. Our CEOs Cody Green and Michael Galpin have nurtured a work environment where people always come first, and we apply that every day... More

"Amazing company with amazing pay"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Insane bonus structure if you work hard and are willing to grind - it is absolutely possible to be earning up to 10k gross in a month
    - Free breakfast and lunch
    - Great benefits and MSP program
    - Unbelievably fast growing company
    - Fun, energetic, and enthusiastic environment
    - Managers are beyond amazing and super easy to get along with

Cons

This job is very time consuming if you want to do well, but if you are a hard worker who is willing to put in the work then this would not be an issue

Advice to Management

No advice to management. Super supportive and understanding, perfect balance of friend and manager

13 Sep, 2018 – Founder & Co-CEO

Really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience being a part of the team!