Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Reviews

Updated 26 March, 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 25 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 12 reviews)

"Amazing Sales Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teaches you how to become a sales expert, solid training and very competitive.

Cons

Call time was a bit much sometimes.

3 Dec, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about Canada Drives. We appreciate your feedback! We developed a really strong training program to help our staff become the experts they are.

"not worth it"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

free food and transit and office music

Cons

there are too many to place in this small of a space.
    verbal abuse from managers is more frequent than the customers you interact with
    the list of tasks grows and changes weekly
    those in charge are extremely greedy and are constantly demanding more without pay raises
    inconsistent management and office environment
    its hourly pay but stops after 8hs
    you a required to stay unpaid if they are not happy with your performance for the day
    EXTREME turn over rates

Advice to Management

stop being bullies learn to relax

"Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years. The company have been growing at an incredible pace and have become an amazing place to work.

- Upper management truly cares about the staff and are always looking for ways to improve.

-Lots of opportunities and room for growth! I was hired as a junior sales staff and worked my way up on the sales team before I was given the opportunity to work for the Accounting department.

-Great Benefits, Full Transit Reimbursements and Free Food.

Cons

I can't think of one.

3 Dec, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to speak about your experience with working at Canada Drives. One of the biggest benefits of working here is the ability to be promoted internally and move around to... More

"loans"

Former Employee - Loans in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Loans in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay, good experience

Cons

verbal abuse by customers and managers, contempt for education

Advice to Management

relax

"Young , fun and energetic place of work with great opportunities to make a lot of money!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked here for 5 months now and ever since my first day I've felt welcome by everyone. The company is constantly expanding and there are a lot of people from all ages working here. Out of all these people the majority are incredibly friendly, positive and social which creates a great work environment for everyone. Most of the employees work close with their managers too which gives them a great chance to always learn more and constantly grow.
    In some departments of this company you are able to make a really good amount of money each month if you are willing to work hard. Other than that there are a bunch of great benefits such as free breakfast and lunch everyday, full transit reimbursements, health and dental care etc.
    This really is an amazing company to be part of and I'm happy to go to work everyday!

Cons

Sometimes it can get a little too noisy in the office but other than that there's not really anything to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, you guys are doing great!

25 Oct, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thanks for the feedback! Canada Drives goes to great lengths to make all Canada Drives staff feel welcome at work each and every day. Our CEOs Cody Green and Michael Galpin introduced an excellent... More

6. "Office Admin"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really good company to work for. Great atmosphere, very nice people and comprehensive benefits package.

Cons

Nothing to complaint about. I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company.

3 Dec, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to write wonderful feedback about Canada Drives. Our CEO’s Mike Galpin and Cody Green, strive to make this the best work environment possible. Thank you for being a... More

"Sales Rep"

Pros

Free Food, but just typical sandwiches

Cons

They teach you the bases of how to scam desperate Canadians who already has little to offer. If you work here, be prepared to throw your human morals away.
    (Beware to other reviews here, or other websites on this company. They pay for good reviews and also ask employees to do it for them. Either way if you wan't to experience it for yourself go right ahead.)

Advice to Management

Karma's swings right around all the innocent people you guys stole from, and harass with calls and poor business ethics, will come bite you back.

"Canada Drives has provided so many opportunities"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Managers care about the growth of their agents and helping them achieve their goals
    -Fun event days to get the whole company into the spirit of holidays/national __ day/
    -Opportunities to grow within the company are all around, you can move up within 6 months or within a year depends on how hard you work

Cons

-Turn over rate is pretty high, either due to school, other obligations, not a good fit, etc
    -Not a job for those looking to make easy money

Advice to Management

More opportunities for the departments to get to know each other

25 Oct, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. All our managers are expected to help their team members succeed, and as Canada Drives continues to grow you should see more opportunities... More

"Poorly run management that only care about themselves"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

- Free food
    - Transit compensation
    - Full medical and dental benefits after three months

Cons

- Poor management
    - Lack of proper training
    - Forced to speak from a script which gets pretty redundant real quick
    - Discourages innovative thinking

Advice to Management

You need to hire managers with actual experience and not a bunch of late 20s people who are cocky and think they're on top of the world. You need to hire managers who can actually take feedback for the better of the business and not take it as some kind of threat or insubordination to their position.

Your sales department is also a joke. Brainwashing a bunch of teenagers into scamming poor people with a fixed 46.96% interest rate? That's even worse than most banks! Absolutely disgusting. They also do not disclose the approved interest rate until the applicant has already gotten their credit checked. Ouch. You're robbing people with no money of money they don't have. How do you live with yourself?

"Mind numbing dreadful work. Great food though."

Pros

Great food and awesome co-workers.

Cons

Slipshode unfocused rushed training. Manager likes to call people he doesn't like idiots. The work often involved people screaming crying rightfully so over great financial issues caused me to bring a lot of stress to my relationships.

Advice to Management

Invest more time creating a proper training program they waste a lot of money training new people.