Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Reviews

Updated 13 December, 2018

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 23 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

"Canada Drives has provided so many opportunities"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Managers care about the growth of their agents and helping them achieve their goals
    -Fun event days to get the whole company into the spirit of holidays/national __ day/
    -Opportunities to grow within the company are all around, you can move up within 6 months or within a year depends on how hard you work

Cons

-Turn over rate is pretty high, either due to school, other obligations, not a good fit, etc
    -Not a job for those looking to make easy money

Advice to Management

More opportunities for the departments to get to know each other

25 Oct, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. All our managers are expected to help their team members succeed, and as Canada Drives continues to grow you should see more opportunities... More

"Poorly run management that only care about themselves"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

- Free food
    - Transit compensation
    - Full medical and dental benefits after three months

Cons

- Poor management
    - Lack of proper training
    - Forced to speak from a script which gets pretty redundant real quick
    - Discourages innovative thinking

Advice to Management

You need to hire managers with actual experience and not a bunch of late 20s people who are cocky and think they're on top of the world. You need to hire managers who can actually take feedback for the better of the business and not take it as some kind of threat or insubordination to their position.

Your sales department is also a joke. Brainwashing a bunch of teenagers into scamming poor people with a fixed 46.96% interest rate? That's even worse than most banks! Absolutely disgusting. They also do not disclose the approved interest rate until the applicant has already gotten their credit checked. Ouch. You're robbing people with no money of money they don't have. How do you live with yourself?

3. "Mind numbing dreadful work. Great food though."

Pros

Great food and awesome co-workers.

Cons

Slipshode unfocused rushed training. Manager likes to call people he doesn't like idiots. The work often involved people screaming crying rightfully so over great financial issues caused me to bring a lot of stress to my relationships.

Advice to Management

Invest more time creating a proper training program they waste a lot of money training new people.

4. "Life Changing"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So many to mention. First and foremost the people. I'm a strong believer that if you like the people you work with you'll love what you do. Being surrounded with such positive people from the top (Michael Galpin) all the way down everyone is truly amazing. The energy from the time you walk through doors until you get to your desk is happy, energetic and positive. The compensation for your hard work is truly rewarding. Coming from over a decade of sales experience at all levels in many industries and organizations i feel i am finally being paid what my efforts are worth. It's encouraging, motivating and exciting to check your pay. Money is no longer a point of stress in my life and i'm able to provide a beautiful life for a family as the primary source of income while my partner goes to school. None of this is possible without Canada Drives.

Cons

I can't think of one.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I've always felt cared about not only as an employee but a person. The growth is motivation to be great and work towards advancement in the company and be here for life. Thanks Mike & Cody.

9 Oct, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for sharing how you feel about working for Canada Drives. Our CEOs Cody Green and Michael Galpin have nurtured a work environment where people always come first, and we apply that every day... More

5. "This job changed my life."

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No salary cap, you can make as much as you want to
    Unlimited advancement opportunity

Cons

Longer hours and challenging to begin with

Advice to Management

More variety to kitchen food and beverages. Ex instant noodles

9 Oct, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We’re proud to hear how working for Canada Drives has impacted your career. We want to give you all the support possible to achieve your ambition, and it’s exemplary how much you have accomplished... More

6. "Fun workplace"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, transit paid, MSP paid, dental and health benefits

Cons

low pay, little room to grow (applicable to some departments)

"Amazing company with amazing pay"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Insane bonus structure if you work hard and are willing to grind - it is absolutely possible to be earning up to 10k gross in a month
    - Free breakfast and lunch
    - Great benefits and MSP program
    - Unbelievably fast growing company
    - Fun, energetic, and enthusiastic environment
    - Managers are beyond amazing and super easy to get along with

Cons

This job is very time consuming if you want to do well, but if you are a hard worker who is willing to put in the work then this would not be an issue

Advice to Management

No advice to management. Super supportive and understanding, perfect balance of friend and manager

13 Sep, 2018 – Founder & Co-CEO

Really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience being a part of the team!

8. "Canada Drives Review"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Awesome food + coffee available most of the day
    - People are very friendly
    - Good for gaining experience and personal growth
    - Fast growing - new opportunities come up all the time
    - High energy if you're on the right floor
    - Good benefits after 3 months

Cons

- None off the top.

Advice to Management

None

17 Sep, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

All your points are greatly appreciated. We’re pleased you’re seeing the value of working in an office where everyone works hard and has a good time. Your professional growth and well-being are very... More

"Best place to start your Career"

Current Employee - Junior QA Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Junior QA Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible and cares about employees. Great people. Good collaboration among teams.

This would probably be one of the best learning experiences I've ever had. I had the chance to learn from many experienced coworkers
    Scope for Learning is High

Fully Stocked Kitchen

Monthly Team Lunches

Full MSP, Premium benefits and Reimbursed monthly Transit Pass

Cons

No major cons to mention

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing now

17 Sep, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thanks for letting us know! It’s great to hear your co-workers are sharing their experience to help you keep learning. We’re also glad you’re enjoying the workplace benefits we offer.

"This company can and will take you from minimum wage to over 100k/year"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Canada Drives for just over 18 months now. This company is best company I have ever worked for. The culture is vibrant, diverse, and welcoming . As for opportunities, they are endless at Canada Drives. I started working here in an entry level sales position, and worked my way up to the top sales team of the company in less than two years.

There is no secret code of success at Canada Drives. All you have to do is join, work harder than anyone else in the room, and be rewarded for it. You can easily make over 100k a year offering products that help your clients.

If sales is not your cup of tea, there are other great positions available as well. From photography and customer service, to web design and marketing. The opportunities are endless & the compensation is unbeatable. This is the best company you will ever work for.

Cons

No major cons. The A/C can be cranked up a little colder in the summer but that's about it!

17 Sep, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Your success is well deserved! You’ve really grasped how we encourage our staff to achieve their potential. The opportunities really are endless. We’ll be sure to adjust the thermostat better in the... More