Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Jan 16, 2020

4.0
Canada Drives Founder and Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green
  1. "Perfect environment to grow"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Advisor- Fresh Start

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're looking to gain experience and improve your sales performance this is the perfect company for that. One of the big reasons is because the managers are willing to work closely with you to help you improve on a day to day basis. There is so much room for opportunity at Canada Drives so you can build a career within the company. There are team events so you can interact and get to know your co-workers which makes the environment feel very family oriented. Hard work always pays off at this company, the harder you work the better your compensation is.

Cons

It can be very fast paced and can be a big workload especially if your inexperienced which is why you have to be able to take constructive criticism in order to improve.

Canada Drives2020-01-16
  2. "Truly great place to work"

Current Employee - Finance Assistant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Been working with this company for 2 years now and it's without a doubt one of the best companies I've ever worked for. Great work atmosphere and company culture. It feels great that we're able to not only help people get into vehicles, but have a ton of fun doing it as well. The upward mobility in the company is awesome as well, I've seen a ton of people promoted to management positions within a year of working here and double their salaries in that time. They really pay attention to how much you put in, and if you're working hard you'll definitely be rewarded for it.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any

Canada Drives2020-01-15
  3. "Great place to become an amazing SALESPERSON!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management helps you get better at your job. You can make money really quick. I went from earning $15 an hour to 11,250 a month consistently in 3 months. Super friendly work environment... I made a lot of friends during my time at CD.. Constant group training in the morning... my managers were always coaching me on the sales floor.. sometimes two at once sometimes even my colleagues would jump on my calls and save my deals for me! Super fast pace.

Cons

Sometimes training is at 7:30 am... Since it's fast pace daily targets can be quite high.

Canada Drives2020-01-14
  4. "Full time for more than a year"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Energetic environment, great people to work with, understanding staff, great benefits, room for growth in a short amount of time.

Cons

Low starting wage but there's room for growth and opportunities for a raise and promotion.

Advice to Management

Allow some time for a person to learn. We have a lot of things to remember and things get changed all the time. Some people are not fast at learning; public shaming and blaming would not help to improve

Canada Drives2019-12-20
  5. "I have loved working here"

Current Employee - Mortgage Agent

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will never feel like you do not have the support to succeed, every manager I have had here is more than willing to put the time and effort into making sure I am successful.

Cons

you have to be willing to give up a little work life balance to succeed, which is not the worst thing but something to be aware of

Canada Drives2019-12-20
  6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Digital Analyst

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great Culture - Good work-life balance - Supportive - Lunch and Breakfast

Cons

None that I can think of

Canada Drives2019-12-11
  7. "Salesforce analyst"

Current Employee - QA Analyst

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing and excellent work atmosphere

Cons

Nothing on my mind for now

Canada Drives2019-12-08

"Don’t work here"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Absolutely nothing at all.. it’s a joke

Cons

Don’t even know where to start. Management here is so fake. It’s absolutely ridiculous, they treat employees like garbage. I still work here but will be leaving soon. This is such a toxic workplace. They’ll throw money at you to buy you so that they can treat you poorly and it’ll be hard for you to want to leave. They do nothing but play mind games with you. Most of the managers here are kids with no experience and skills to be able to manage anyone, including HR.. Save yourself the time and mental health problems and stay away from here..

Advice to Management

Grow up

Canada Drives2019-12-05

"Overworked and poor culture"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

People you work with are great and they are the reason you stay there. Managers train you to be very good at your job. Potential to make good money

Cons

Often times not treated well by management and ethics of selling come into question. Hard to even take a sick day or get time off. Poor worklife balance

Canada Drives2019-12-04

"Before applying, please read this, for your own sake."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coffee is free and constantly made

Cons

(All of this is from my own subjective experience, everything stated here has been personally experienced, so the rumor mill will be omitted.) I began work with this company in January, starting out as a CSR, initially I believed it to be a great opportunity as a starting sales rep. I was half right. The trouble began when I moved to their automotive division, I was a personal loans CSR before. I was intrigued by the promise of better pay (that promise was met for the record, the pay was marginally better) so I signed up. The office change was the first issue, it was further away from me and the hours were later, I knew this going in so I wont fault them. The pressure put on the personnel there was INSANE, there would be 2 DAILY meetings about nothing in particular and then we would hear grief about how we weren't meeting call count (despite them urging us to make long term customer-representative relationships) so staying late was likely. On top of that when I became very VERY sick and called in I found a storm of messages from my team lead, blaming me for "losing motivation" and that they would "see me soon" I confirmed with his manager and they backed them up. I didn't want to find myself unemployed so i took a cab (too woozy to walk to the bus stop in that state) to the office and sat there for 2 or so hours, almost fainting until I was reluctantly sent home after my at the time team lead blamed me for being sick and "not taking care of myself". Frankly I was stunned. Immediately I requested a transfer back to my initial department. HR shuffled their feet significantly and did nothing to pursue the issues I raised, and upon my return I was sternly warned not to distribute negative information about the automotive department, effectively silencing me. Rendering me incapable of warning my colleagues about the undisclosed pressures and practices they would face if they transferred. After a few more months of constant pressure, unrealistic expectations and extreme micromanaging I quit. I sincerely hope you take this into consideration before applying.

Advice to Management

Please, for the love of god try to treat your staff more like people and not numbers.

Canada Drives2019-12-04