Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.9
Canada Drives Founder & Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money (in 21 reviews)

• Canada Drives is continuing to grow and be the fastest growing company in Canada (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • Although Canada Drives is great, the only con I'd have to say is having long hours and not being able to do certain tasks outside of work (in 23 reviews)

• If not Canada Drives is a decent place to work your way up in (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"One of the Best Companies I've Worked for!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- If you work hard Canada Drives will reward you with advancement, better pay, and their loyalty - Seriously, I have never worked at a company that was so willing to invest in my success.
    - I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money
    - Fun team events where we go out for dinner, karaoke etc
    - Incredibly fast growing company in downtown Vancouver
    - Its got that millennial vibe which is pretty nice - makes the company feel alot younger and hipper

Cons

- Incredibly fast growing can mean growing pains - We've run out of office space before and had to scramble to get desks for staff
    - Every department plays their own music really loudly - this can be cool cause the office is bumping - but sometimes it can also be very loud

Advice to Management

None really. Management has always worked hard to make this an inclusive and enjoyable place for me to work.

"Inviting high energy work space"

Current Employee - Sales Administrative in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Administrative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Canada Drives has a warm and open feeling when you walk in the door. It's high energy and people are constantly smiling and cheering each other on. We work in our own office and listen to music while we work and it creates a really relaxed and focused space. We all get along really well, and they'res always something to do so its never boring.

Cons

Because of the type of work sales agents do it can become loud at times, but when it does we just close the door or listen to our own music.

Advice to Management

We have some of the best Managers working at Canada Drives. They make you feel valued and appreciated.

""Helping hundreds of Canadians a day with their financial future""

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the most lively and welcoming place to work. As soon as you walk in you are greeted with smiles by everyone in the office. The music is always bumping and everyone is always griding. If you are looking for a group of younger individuals who are all looking to work hard and become successful this is the place to work.
    Starting only about 10 years ago, there is so much room to grow in this company and looking at the people who have been here long term everyone is so satisfied with the constant movement in the company. It is fast paced, and there is so much money to be made if you put in the time and effort and are eager to learn.
    Management is so eager to see everyone succeed and hold training almost daily to ensure we can find any shortcomings we may have.
    Located in the heart of coal harbor, there are so many places to go and eat if the sandwich and salad bar are not grabbing your eye at the office.
    The teams we work on all go out together and grab food and drinks. The money here is good, but we all stay for the company culture.
    The work we do here is also so fulfilling. Every day we are helping customers learn more about what has happened with their credit, how to avoid hurting their credit and help them improve it!
    We help Canadians all over the country with financing that they would otherwise be unable to acquire and at a reasonable interest rate.
    All of our loans are also set up to report to the Canadian credit bureaus so that our customers can build their credit up to the point where they can walk into a bank and qualify for prime loans at prime rates.

Cons

The long hours can take a toll but the management here works so hard to take care of us and ensure we have what we need to succeed (they hand out energy drinks if the sales floor isn't as pumped as normal).
    The kitchen could have more options but it's nice having the opportunity to eat for free every day!

Advice to Management

You guys all work so hard to ensure we succeed, and you all have our backs. Keep crushing it every day!

"Videographer"

Current Employee - Videographer in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Videographer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people. Excellent leadership in each department. Great food provided. Excellent benefits including travel pass, health and more. Truly nice environment where everyone makes you feel very at home.

Cons

I cannot think of any Cons. I've heard people say they are a "young company". For me that's a Pro - lot's of room for great ideas and advancement.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Overall employee experience is great.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Kitchen serving breakfast, lunch, snack, coffee and tea
    * Room for advancement if you put in the work and you are good at what you do (as it should be)
    * Benefits after 3 months and transit or parking pass
    * Lots of team building activities and group events outside of the office
    * CEO's that genuinely care about their employees and are always encouraging and rewarding those that go the extra mile. They are very hands on.

Cons

Long hours, but if you consider this a career and not a just a job and see the bigger picture of where you are going and the pay off, it's well worth it. This job is not for clock punchers.

"Great place, Great people, Great place to build your career."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing training with on boarding. Not only that, extra training is available upon request.

- Management. The management here are great, they are always willing to sit down and have a talk if you feel like your having any personal or professional issues. They know how to get the best out of their staff and cater to each staff members needs. As I used to be a manager in my previous job I respect what they do and how they do it.

- Hard work is recognized and rewarded. Monthly bonuses are made for you to achieve. Not only that there are also a number of side competitions throughout the weeks.

- Career advancement. Canada Drives is continuing to grow and be the fastest growing company in Canada. The company is constantly opening up positions and tend to almost only promote from within.

- Great Vancouver downtown office. The location of the office is situated in the heart of downtown, easily accessible with public transit. Canada Drives actually pays for your transit pass for the month.

- Free breakfast and lunches. Every day the kitchen is stoked out with food.

- Amazing work environment, Very positive place to grow your skill set and learn from others as everyone's opinion is taken on board and listened to.

- Monthly team events. Every month you have a team building event. this could be anything from dinner, bowling, go-karting etc. Your manager chooses some options and your team picks.

Cons

- Long hours, but this is optional. You have your job requirements that have to be met. However in a sales role, I tend to put in a lot of extra hours as I am looking to hit my targets and exceed them.

- Due to the growth of the company we are constantly moving desk in order to make room. This can be annoying due to having all my files saved to my desk stop and having to transfer them each time.

Advice to Management

Honestly, you are great at what you do. I would not doing anything different.

"Fast paced and fun workplace"

Current Employee - Client Care Representative
    Current Employee - Client Care Representative

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great medical coverage. Strong support team with amazing managers who are readily available. Free breakfast and lunch. Easily accessible through transit. Young and multicultural work environment. Room to move up and get promoted

Cons

There are no cons just excuses.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you’re doing because the company is definitely a pleasure to work for

"You get what you work for"

Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- if you work very hard, you will make a lot of money. I have been one of top 5 people in my department for the past 2 years and have made 120k+ in the last year and half.
    - FREE FOOD - Unlimited lunch/Breakfast
    - Great environment for young entrepreneurs - if you're 19-25 looking to make a name for yourself in sales then this is a great spot to start.
    - Amazing CEO - Something I love truly about this company is how much the CEO loves his company. He is always doing special events, prizes and trips for the top workers and always having company wide competitions for holidays. Like on St Patricks Day I won best costume and got beat head phones

Cons

- Its hard to move up, because they're a smaller company still, so spots are extremely limited when it comes to moving up in the company

Advice to Management

- They have a hard time sticking to rules, they usually change rules to their advantage whenever necessary. Otherwise they have a good management team.

"You get what you work for!"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Fast-paced office environment, never a dull moment around here!
    - Fully stocked kitchen & paid transit pass really help you save money.
    - Company culture it's awesome, they often have something going on in the office, or team outings, company wide contests, yoga classes etc. They really focus on their employee wellbeing.
    - If you out int the hours and hard work, You have the opportunity to escalate into new positions quickly.

Cons

- The company grows quite fast, so soon enough we will run out of space.

Advice to Management

Bring back Beer Fridays!

"Sales - Personal Loans"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Lots of learning material and the training week is a blend of class room lecture & computer demos
    -You make plans for your sales targets with your managers monthly
    -Theres additional weekly training sessions 2x a week in the morning after your complete the training week so there is always more to learn
    - The compass pass is reimbursed up to the zone you are living in monthly
    - Personal work desk/ station so you can set up how you want - 2 screens
    - So many team events and they celebrate all the holidays in office. Its always festive. Very positive environment.

Cons

- The learning curb is steep. You need to give it time to get good or else you're going to hate it. It isn't easy there is definitely skill involved. You cant give up on yourself.
    - Parking downtown is so expensive. Better off driving to a train and taking the sky train in.
    - Lots of new people on a monthly basis... I'm not much of a people person so it can be hard to meet people all the time

Advice to Management

- Provide additional vegan alternatives in the kitchen