Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.2
Canada Drives Founder & Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 23 reviews)

• "Canada Drives has a warm and open feeling when you walk in the door" (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours (Making good money at any job requires hard work)" (in 22 reviews)

• "I can't think of any cons of working for Canada Drives" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"One of the Best Companies I've Worked for!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- If you work hard Canada Drives will reward you with advancement, better pay, and their loyalty - Seriously, I have never worked at a company that was so willing to invest in my success.
    - I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money
    - Fun team events where we go out for dinner, karaoke etc
    - Incredibly fast growing company in downtown Vancouver
    - Its got that millennial vibe which is pretty nice - makes the company feel alot younger and hipper

Cons

- Incredibly fast growing can mean growing pains - We've run out of office space before and had to scramble to get desks for staff
    - Every department plays their own music really loudly - this can be cool cause the office is bumping - but sometimes it can also be very loud

Advice to Management

None really. Management has always worked hard to make this an inclusive and enjoyable place for me to work.

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

We really appreciate the time you took to share your experiences working at Canada Drives. We strive to have an environment that’s not only fun to come to work, but where you’re able to reach your... More

2. "Motivated culture to make MONEY"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- This job really is a great overall experience. Meeting all kinds of people, from all types of cultures, genders, sexual orientations, age groups, etc.

- Money motivated culture.

- Energetic floor space; everyone always positive!

- Rewards really pay off when you work hard!

Cons

- Nothing in mind.

- RedBull isn’t free!

Advice to Management

You are all doing a very great job!

""Helping hundreds of Canadians a day with their financial future""

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the most lively and welcoming place to work. As soon as you walk in you are greeted with smiles by everyone in the office. The music is always bumping and everyone is always griding. If you are looking for a group of younger individuals who are all looking to work hard and become successful this is the place to work.
    Starting only about 10 years ago, there is so much room to grow in this company and looking at the people who have been here long term everyone is so satisfied with the constant movement in the company. It is fast paced, and there is so much money to be made if you put in the time and effort and are eager to learn.
    Management is so eager to see everyone succeed and hold training almost daily to ensure we can find any shortcomings we may have.
    Located in the heart of coal harbor, there are so many places to go and eat if the sandwich and salad bar are not grabbing your eye at the office.
    The teams we work on all go out together and grab food and drinks. The money here is good, but we all stay for the company culture.
    The work we do here is also so fulfilling. Every day we are helping customers learn more about what has happened with their credit, how to avoid hurting their credit and help them improve it!
    We help Canadians all over the country with financing that they would otherwise be unable to acquire and at a reasonable interest rate.
    All of our loans are also set up to report to the Canadian credit bureaus so that our customers can build their credit up to the point where they can walk into a bank and qualify for prime loans at prime rates.

Cons

The long hours can take a toll but the management here works so hard to take care of us and ensure we have what we need to succeed (they hand out energy drinks if the sales floor isn't as pumped as normal).
    The kitchen could have more options but it's nice having the opportunity to eat for free every day!

Advice to Management

You guys all work so hard to ensure we succeed, and you all have our backs. Keep crushing it every day!

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we’re glad to hear your experience at Canada Drives has been a positive one.

The CEO’s Michael Galpin and Cody Green have taken a lot of pride... More

"Videographer"

Current Employee - Videographer in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Videographer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people. Excellent leadership in each department. Great food provided. Excellent benefits including travel pass, health and more. Truly nice environment where everyone makes you feel very at home.

Cons

I cannot think of any Cons. I've heard people say they are a "young company". For me that's a Pro - lot's of room for great ideas and advancement.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Overall employee experience is great.

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

Thanks for sharing your experiences as a Videographer at Canada Drives. We are extremely proud of the media that comes out of design department and it’s something that we get recognized for quite... More

"You get what you work for!"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Fast-paced office environment, never a dull moment around here!
    - Fully stocked kitchen & paid transit pass really help you save money.
    - Company culture it's awesome, they often have something going on in the office, or team outings, company wide contests, yoga classes etc. They really focus on their employee wellbeing.
    - If you out int the hours and hard work, You have the opportunity to escalate into new positions quickly.

Cons

- The company grows quite fast, so soon enough we will run out of space.

Advice to Management

Bring back Beer Fridays!

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

Thanks for leaving the review. We’re happy to hear your experience working at Canada Drives has been a positive one and hope we can continue be a place you love coming to work each day.

"I will retire here"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome Team:
    This is the first company I ever worked at where the CEO, Cody Green and VP of Technology, Rick Dhami cares about me on a personal level. I come into work everyday stressed free, not due to lack of work or the intensity of the work, but because I know I'm work with most supportive co-workers and managements I can have.

Projects and Freedom:
    I've worked on a number of projects at Canada Drives and my favourite part, has to be the freedom and trust granted to approach each project. I never felt like a code monkey and my ideas and concerns were always heard. Even when I had project ideas of my own, I could easily approach Cody to voice them freely.

Great Benefits:
    We get pretty good medical coverage as well as breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Fully paid compass cards and travel. There's a lot of event planners doing yoga sessions, outings, and various other activities on regular basis. A small but dedicated and hard working team just went to Montreal to watch the Grand Prix F1 race! But I think above all, they compensate your hard work and loyalty greatly. I've had a 100% pay raise since I've started working here, over the span of 3 years, I don't think many people can say that.

Cons

No Remote Work:
    It's hard to push for remote accessibility when we deal with sensitive data, and when we all live in the greater Vancouver area.

Longer Hours:
    I did sign up for this, but 9 hours work days do get a bit tiring.

Long Commute:
    This doesn't apply for everyone, but it takes me an hour everyday to get to downtown, and another hour to get home.

Cramped:
    There's just a lot of people in the office, does feel a bit cramped at times, and harder to find seating in kitchen during lunch hours. I've actually started having lunch at odd hours (11:30 or 13:00) to avoid the lunch rush.

Lack of Process:
    This is actually getting addressed, the company kind of grew out of the startup phase and we don't have much training and processes to support it.

Advice to Management

Shout out to a few managers, keep being awesome:

Cody Green, the smartest and most humble man I know. If I ever need motivation to push myself further, I don't need to look very far.

Rick Dhami, nicest and most supportive man I ever work for. I never feel uncomfortable talking to Rick, even when it's opening up about issues I've caused and things I've broken. I could always walk into his office to talk about anything.

Jessica Bindisch, hardest working manager. I feel compelled to mention Jessica because I've never met any manager who's worked harder than most of her team. She's also grown more than most people I know.

12 Jun, 2018 – HR

Thank you for sharing your experiences working at Canada Drives. I’m really happy that you recognize your contributions to the company and never feel like a “code monkey”. We are excited about the... More

"Fast paced and fun workplace"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great medical coverage. Strong support team with amazing managers who are readily available. Free breakfast and lunch. Easily accessible through transit. Young and multicultural work environment. Room to move up and get promoted

Cons

There are no cons just excuses.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you’re doing because the company is definitely a pleasure to work for

"A Place You'll Grow and Find Your Potential"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a great place to work in if you're looking to grow and expand on your knowledge. The management is always ready to help you achieve your goals and are hands on working with you. They take note of your hard work and present you with more responsibilities in a short period of time. Everyone is keen on helping ensure your overall success so you'll never fall short unless you allow yourself to. The company provides medical benefits once you're past your three month probationary period as well as free breakfast and lunch. There are a lot of options to fit your dietary restrictions. Your compass card is also reimbursed which is a huge bonus if you live in the suburbs. It is easy accessible by transit seeing how it is right by the sky train station. There are fun activities you can partake in and team events. One of the best places I've worked for!

Cons

There are none I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Great place, Great people, Great place to build your career."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing training with on boarding. Not only that, extra training is available upon request.

- Management. The management here are great, they are always willing to sit down and have a talk if you feel like your having any personal or professional issues. They know how to get the best out of their staff and cater to each staff members needs. As I used to be a manager in my previous job I respect what they do and how they do it.

- Hard work is recognized and rewarded. Monthly bonuses are made for you to achieve. Not only that there are also a number of side competitions throughout the weeks.

- Career advancement. Canada Drives is continuing to grow and be the fastest growing company in Canada. The company is constantly opening up positions and tend to almost only promote from within.

- Great Vancouver downtown office. The location of the office is situated in the heart of downtown, easily accessible with public transit. Canada Drives actually pays for your transit pass for the month.

- Free breakfast and lunches. Every day the kitchen is stoked out with food.

- Amazing work environment, Very positive place to grow your skill set and learn from others as everyone's opinion is taken on board and listened to.

- Monthly team events. Every month you have a team building event. this could be anything from dinner, bowling, go-karting etc. Your manager chooses some options and your team picks.

Cons

- Long hours, but this is optional. You have your job requirements that have to be met. However in a sales role, I tend to put in a lot of extra hours as I am looking to hit my targets and exceed them.

- Due to the growth of the company we are constantly moving desk in order to make room. This can be annoying due to having all my files saved to my desk stop and having to transfer them each time.

Advice to Management

Honestly, you are great at what you do. I would not doing anything different.

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a long and thoughtful review. We believe in inclusion, both in the products we offer our customers and in the culture we build at Canada Drives... More

"Working in Sales"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Canada Drives helped me learn a lot of things that I didn't know before. I now know how I can build my credit. I also helped my friends and relatives. The training helped me so much in gaining my confidence on phone and I think I can sell anything now.

I love the people I work with and there's a good team environment on the floor. Our managers are very supportive, and they know how to make the floor lively.

You can grow in the company if you work hard, are willing to accept the feedback your managers and peers give you and implement that feedback to be a better Sales Professional.

There are other benefits such as: transit reimbursement, free breakfast and lunch, MSP and extended health benefit and monthly team events.

Cons

It can take a little longer sometimes to get better at the job. It’s sales and it’s very competitive and fast paced. You have to constantly work on your skills and knowledge in order to continue in sales.

It’s pretty loud on the floor and sometimes it can get distracting especially when you are in your training period.