Canada Drives Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.2
Canada Drives Founder & Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 22 reviews)

• "Canada Drives is continuing to grow and be the fastest growing company in Canada" (in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 22 reviews)

• "While there is obviously a market for Canada Drives and they are a very profitable company, I'm also a very compassionate person" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"One of the Best Companies I've Worked for!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- If you work hard Canada Drives will reward you with advancement, better pay, and their loyalty - Seriously, I have never worked at a company that was so willing to invest in my success.
    - I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money
    - Fun team events where we go out for dinner, karaoke etc
    - Incredibly fast growing company in downtown Vancouver
    - Its got that millennial vibe which is pretty nice - makes the company feel alot younger and hipper

Cons

- Incredibly fast growing can mean growing pains - We've run out of office space before and had to scramble to get desks for staff
    - Every department plays their own music really loudly - this can be cool cause the office is bumping - but sometimes it can also be very loud

Advice to Management

None really. Management has always worked hard to make this an inclusive and enjoyable place for me to work.

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

We really appreciate the time you took to share your experiences working at Canada Drives. We strive to have an environment that’s not only fun to come to work, but where you’re able to reach your... More

2. "Young, Energetic Company which is always growing"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Lots of opportunity for Growth
    -Great location downtown
    -Great education/training on credit, finances and customer service
    -Focus on internal development and promotion
    -Management takes a direct focus in you

Cons

-Can be very difficult to take in all the information at first
    -Lots of new employees come in to the company and then move on

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Lots of Opportunities and Room for Growth!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives (More than 3 years)

Pros

Canada Drives is a young, fun company to work for. The atmosphere and energy on all the floors are great. There are team building events all the time, and staff are always rewarded for good work. There is a ton of money to be made in Sales, and so much room for advancement in every department.

Since I have worked at Canada Drives, every year new departments have sprung up, which means that top performers are always getting promoted. If you work hard, Managers at Canada Drives notice.

In the last 3+years, I have personally gone through numerous different roles here and have learned so many different valuable skills that I don't think I would have been able to learn elsewhere.

The CEOs provide a great work environment for all the staff and both of them have open door policies.
    Mike Galpin is the master of Sales. I think every Sales Agent at Canada Drives looks up to him. I have worked closely with him and he has taught me so much he and gives you space and freedom to do your job without micromanaging.
    Both Mike and Cody are inspiring leaders and are always looking to everyone on their teams for new ideas (and actually encourage them).

The best part about working here though is all the people you get to meet and work with every day, hands down.

Cons

I think if you are looking for a job where you can coast by without much effort, a job here likely isn't for you. Between all departments, I think the common attribute is that everyone is hard working and actually wants to come to work every day and accel in their careers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, and keep communication strong amongst all Managers.

3 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. Your versatility and hard work have been integral to helping us grow our workforce, products, and service. Sales is a vital part of our business, and we’re pleased to know... More

"Hard work pays off at Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Client Care Team Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Client Care Team Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Hard work is recognized, encouraged, and rewarded. The common thread among long term staff is dedication to their jobs, excellent work ethic, an ability to encourage success and confidence in others, and a passion to ensure Canada Drives continues to be an amazing company to work for every day, for everyone.

- Fantastic people to work with. There is an invaluable amount of knowledge and skills to be shared to help you grow professionally and personally

- Lack of separation from senior staff/management. Engagement with employees at all levels of seniority helps to break down barriers and encourages a team atmosphere

Cons

Open office - can get pretty loud at times.

Advice to Management

Continue what you're already doing - investing in your employees, providing awesome opportunities, and fostering a positive, fun, and inclusive working environment.

3 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We’re very grateful for your feedback. With over 400 employees and half of those people in our sales department, we take every effort to enable everyone to do the best they can. Canada Drives open... More

"I will retire here"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome Team:
    This is the first company I ever worked at where the CEO, Cody Green and VP of Technology, Rick Dhami cares about me on a personal level. I come into work everyday stressed free, not due to lack of work or the intensity of the work, but because I know I'm work with most supportive co-workers and managements I can have.

Projects and Freedom:
    I've worked on a number of projects at Canada Drives and my favourite part, has to be the freedom and trust granted to approach each project. I never felt like a code monkey and my ideas and concerns were always heard. Even when I had project ideas of my own, I could easily approach Cody to voice them freely.

Great Benefits:
    We get pretty good medical coverage as well as breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Fully paid compass cards and travel. There's a lot of event planners doing yoga sessions, outings, and various other activities on regular basis. A small but dedicated and hard working team just went to Montreal to watch the Grand Prix F1 race! But I think above all, they compensate your hard work and loyalty greatly. I've had a 100% pay raise since I've started working here, over the span of 3 years, I don't think many people can say that.

Cons

No Remote Work:
    It's hard to push for remote accessibility when we deal with sensitive data, and when we all live in the greater Vancouver area.

Longer Hours:
    I did sign up for this, but 9 hours work days do get a bit tiring.

Long Commute:
    This doesn't apply for everyone, but it takes me an hour everyday to get to downtown, and another hour to get home.

Cramped:
    There's just a lot of people in the office, does feel a bit cramped at times, and harder to find seating in kitchen during lunch hours. I've actually started having lunch at odd hours (11:30 or 13:00) to avoid the lunch rush.

Lack of Process:
    This is actually getting addressed, the company kind of grew out of the startup phase and we don't have much training and processes to support it.

Advice to Management

Shout out to a few managers, keep being awesome:

Cody Green, the smartest and most humble man I know. If I ever need motivation to push myself further, I don't need to look very far.

Rick Dhami, nicest and most supportive man I ever work for. I never feel uncomfortable talking to Rick, even when it's opening up about issues I've caused and things I've broken. I could always walk into his office to talk about anything.

Jessica Bindisch, hardest working manager. I feel compelled to mention Jessica because I've never met any manager who's worked harder than most of her team. She's also grown more than most people I know.

12 Jun, 2018 – HR

Thank you for sharing your experiences working at Canada Drives. I’m really happy that you recognize your contributions to the company and never feel like a “code monkey”. We are excited about the... More

6. "Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working at Canada Drives in February 2018 after immigrating to Canada from Ireland. The company offered a warm welcome, and made my adjustment a comfortable and positive experience.
    I worked in the Personal Loans department originally, and was offered a Management position after 6 months.
    It is a very motivational environment, with constant encouragement from Managers and peers to advance within the company. My leadership skills have grown immensely and I am grateful for the opportunity to work in such a friendly work space.
    I have, and will continue to refer friends to work at Canada Drives.

Cons

I have no negative feedback about my life at Canada Drives.

"Work hard, play hard."

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Results oriented
    - Fast paced environment
    - Motivating work culture
    - Subsidized transit
    - Free breakfast and lunch

Cons

- Sales is a grind. They are definitely looking for someone who is able to work hard.

Advice to Management

- It'd be nice to have more interdepartmental events. Aside from that keep up the good work!

"You Shouldn’t Throw Stones… If You Work at Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Team Manager, Customer Service Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I started at Canada Drives 2 years ago I didn't know much about the company. I started in sales and worked my way up to a team manager. There was a learning curve at first but they did their best to make us comfortable and understand the roles. It is a fun, fast paced environment. My favorite part about working at Canada Drives is the team atmosphere. The company provides great benefits such as paid for team events every month. There is also a fully stocked kitchen, and transit reimbursements. Canada Drives offers the opportunity to make lots of extra money plus they provide you with health benefits. If you have great work ethic and are goal oriented you will succeed at Canada Drives.

Cons

Being on a sales floor everyone has a monthly target and on slow months there is a lot of extra pressure to achieve your goal. Sometimes that means spending a bit of time on the weekend to hit your goal, but if you work hard, you will be rewarded.

30 Jul, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for leaving Canada Drives a review about your work experience. It’s great to know you like the office atmosphere and employee benefits here. It’s also good to see you have advanced your... More

""Helping hundreds of Canadians a day with their financial future""

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the most lively and welcoming place to work. As soon as you walk in you are greeted with smiles by everyone in the office. The music is always bumping and everyone is always griding. If you are looking for a group of younger individuals who are all looking to work hard and become successful this is the place to work.
    Starting only about 10 years ago, there is so much room to grow in this company and looking at the people who have been here long term everyone is so satisfied with the constant movement in the company. It is fast paced, and there is so much money to be made if you put in the time and effort and are eager to learn.
    Management is so eager to see everyone succeed and hold training almost daily to ensure we can find any shortcomings we may have.
    Located in the heart of coal harbor, there are so many places to go and eat if the sandwich and salad bar are not grabbing your eye at the office.
    The teams we work on all go out together and grab food and drinks. The money here is good, but we all stay for the company culture.
    The work we do here is also so fulfilling. Every day we are helping customers learn more about what has happened with their credit, how to avoid hurting their credit and help them improve it!
    We help Canadians all over the country with financing that they would otherwise be unable to acquire and at a reasonable interest rate.
    All of our loans are also set up to report to the Canadian credit bureaus so that our customers can build their credit up to the point where they can walk into a bank and qualify for prime loans at prime rates.

Cons

The long hours can take a toll but the management here works so hard to take care of us and ensure we have what we need to succeed (they hand out energy drinks if the sales floor isn't as pumped as normal).
    The kitchen could have more options but it's nice having the opportunity to eat for free every day!

Advice to Management

You guys all work so hard to ensure we succeed, and you all have our backs. Keep crushing it every day!

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we’re glad to hear your experience at Canada Drives has been a positive one.

The CEO’s Michael Galpin and Cody Green have taken a lot of pride... More

"Best company to work for in Vancouver"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

I have worked at Canada Drives for 3 years and I have been given the opportunity for growth and success since day 1. The growth in this company over the last 3 years has been tremendous. Management truly believes in staff that work hard, and those that work hard are always rewarded. It starts from the top, the CEO Mike Galpin has given me all the tools I need to succeed in this company, he fully supports everyone, takes time to listen to ideas from staff, and always goes out of his way to do cool stuff outside of work with everyone, the best boss for sure. The overall high energy work environment, great downtown location, make it a great place to come to work everyday. Perks like a fully stocked kitchen and free transit passes are always good as well :) Overall wouldnt want to work anywhere else. I can honestly say you truly have a shot at being successful working at Canada Drives.

Cons

Gets hot after 6PM
    More workstations could be useful
    More variety in the kitchen would be great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thing!!

11 Jun, 2018 – HR

We appreciate you taking the time to speak about your experiences working at Canada Drives. We love hearing feedback from people who have really seen their career grow and continue to grow at our... More