Canada Drives Administrative Assistant Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada Drives Founder and Co-CEO Cody Green
Cody Green
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 23 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

"Life at Canada Drives"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Canada Drives (general):
    - Fast growing company
    - Fun & interactive team events
    - Extremely approachable employees
    - Helpful & knowledgeable team managers
    - Full MSP & Premium benefits
    - Fully stocked kitchen (complimentary breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, tea)
    - Reimbursed monthly transit pass
    - Room for growth
    - Seemingly youthful vibe

Administrative Assistant (specific):
    - Actively engaging team
    - Extremely dependable & approachable employees
    - Incredibly team oriented
    - Collaborating closely with team managers
    - Working on different projects

Cons

- Each department has their own set of small speakers that plays different music, can be quite distracting if played too loud

Advice to Management

Continue to actively listen to your employees, help them grow where they need to in order for everyone to succeed. Keep doing what you do!

"I love what I do."

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Managers and Team Leads are understanding to your needs as a human being; needed personal days and emergency situations are taken with genuine concern and understanding.

Lots of room for advancement. Promotions are given to those who are driven and willing to work hard for what they want to achieve. The harder you work, the more you are recognized.

Close-knit crew of co-workers who quickly turn into valued companions. My boss/CEO, Mike Galpin, purchased the first 10 published copies of my poetry work to support me in my own endeavors. This is a prime example of supporting your employees and ensuring they know they are valued as an individual and not just as an employee.

Open positions are offered to those who want a better understanding of the company before hiring outside sources. If you are a hard worker and show your ambition to succeed, you are likely going to be promoted.

Mistakes are not taken as an end-all deal. You are guided to do it correctly the next time instead of demeaned for doing it wrong the first time.

Cons

Dealer Services:
    Long hours for those who are needed in ensuring quality within the departments, clients and the sensitive files we work with.
    Constantly changing atmosphere and protocols within online platforms. Hard to keep up.

In Customer Service:
    6:00AM starts are sometimes mandatory. Overnight shifts are also necessary for certain teams.

Sales:
    High turn-over rate & demanding hours to hit sales targets (for your own and the companies benefit).

Advice to Management

Keep up with the friendly attitude and environment! :)
    The best employees are the ones who appreciate your gratitude and will help you achieve the myriad of goals and targets of success that you are hoping to obtain.