Canada Drives Administrative Assistant Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 22 Oct 2019

4.3
Canada Drives CEO Cody Green
Cody Green
  1. "By far the best company I've ever worked for!"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Canada Drives for a little more than a year and I can honestly say that I love it here. I feel happy going to work everyday thanks to my awesome co-workers and the friendly work environment plus the fact that we have a fully stacked kitchen that provides free breakfast and lunch everyday. The office is very energetic and positive and even though people work very hard and sometimes long hours while... here they still seem to have fun. One of the best parts of this company is the possibility to create your own career if you're willing to put in the hard work and a few extra hours at times. Out of my own experience I only have positive things to say about management, from the CEO's to the team managers, they all work very hard but they still always have a very respectful and positive attitude at work. I would definitely recommend applying for a job at Canada Drives!

Cons

Where I'm sitting in the office it gets a little chilly at times because of the air conditioner.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Canada Drives2019-10-01
  2. "Canada Drives Review"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

We have the freedom to do what we want with the trust to be able to get the job done. The staff is all very nice and friendly.

Cons

Certain people that have been here longer than others appear to think they're better than others and don't need to be respectful.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Canada Drives2019-10-22
  3. "Never a dull moment at Canada Drives!"

Current Employee - Assistant Administrator in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Energetic and fast-paced environment. Monthly team outings. Credit is given where due. Paid Lunch + Transit. Competitive Holiday Contests. Yummy special days ex.) waffle breakfast

Cons

If you are not willing to push yourself you will not last here.

Canada Drives2019-09-16

"Life at Canada Drives"

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

Canada Drives (general): - Fast growing company - Fun & interactive team events - Extremely approachable employees - Helpful & knowledgeable team managers - Full MSP & Premium benefits - Fully stocked kitchen (complimentary breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, tea) - Reimbursed monthly transit pass - Room for growth - Seemingly youthful vibe Administrative Assistant (specific): - Actively... engaging team - Extremely dependable & approachable employees - Incredibly team oriented - Collaborating closely with team managers - Working on different projects

Cons

- Each department has their own set of small speakers that plays different music, can be quite distracting if played too loud

Advice to Management

Continue to actively listen to your employees, help them grow where they need to in order for everyone to succeed. Keep doing what you do!

Canada Drives2018-03-21

"I love what I do."

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Managers and Team Leads are understanding to your needs as a human being; needed personal days and emergency situations are taken with genuine concern and understanding. Lots of room for advancement. Promotions are given to those who are driven and willing to work hard for what they want to achieve. The harder you work, the more you are recognized. Close-knit crew of co-workers who quickly turn into valued... companions. My boss/CEO, Mike Galpin, purchased the first 10 published copies of my poetry work to support me in my own endeavors. This is a prime example of supporting your employees and ensuring they know they are valued as an individual and not just as an employee. Open positions are offered to those who want a better understanding of the company before hiring outside sources. If you are a hard worker and show your ambition to succeed, you are likely going to be promoted. Mistakes are not taken as an end-all deal. You are guided to do it correctly the next time instead of demeaned for doing it wrong the first time.

Cons

Dealer Services: Long hours for those who are needed in ensuring quality within the departments, clients and the sensitive files we work with. Constantly changing atmosphere and protocols within online platforms. Hard to keep up. In Customer Service: 6:00AM starts are sometimes mandatory. Overnight shifts are also necessary for certain teams. Sales: High turn-over rate & demanding hours to hit sales... targets (for your own and the companies benefit).

Advice to Management

Keep up with the friendly attitude and environment! :) The best employees are the ones who appreciate your gratitude and will help you achieve the myriad of goals and targets of success that you are hoping to obtain.

Canada Drives2017-05-09