Camden Property Trust Reviews

Found 527 of over 546 reviews

4.5
Camden Property Trust Chairman and CEO Richard J. Campo
Richard J. Campo
Pros
  • "Great benefits, room for growth(in 61 reviews)

• "Camden has been a Great company to work for(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No support from upper management(in 25 reviews)

• "Work life balance is almost nonexistent(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Camden is home.

Sep 15, 2021 - Corporate Employee in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Safe and collaborative work environment, opportunities to have fun shared experiences, ability to be a part of something bigger than yourself, great paid time off benefits, employee vacation suites in every Camden market, 20% apartment discount, and competitive salaries. Camden allows you to be yourself regardless of race, background, sexual orientation, or age. I am part of the LGBT community, and Camden has offered same-sex medical benefits for as long as I can remember. Camden truly feels like a family, but that doesn’t mean that every single day is sunshine and rainbows, but what it does mean is that you all care for each other and work together to complete projects and initiatives with a common goal of providing the best apartment homes to our residents.

Cons

Upward mobility is slow, and that’s because everyone stays at Camden longer than most. After all, it’s a great place to work.

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are thrilled that you have such positive feedback about your work experience with us here at Camden. Best wishes for your continued success!

2. 5.0

Employers Don't Get Better Than This

Sep 22, 2021 - District Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Camden stays relevant in the industry. The people are amazing and the leadership is fair and credible. There is a support department for everything you need. Leadership from the top down truly cares about the employees, residents and share holders. Great pay, benefits and work schedules! 9 times out of 10 employees are promoted from within. The sky is the limit at Camden. If you work hard, you will grow your career.

Cons

None that I can think of.

3. 5.0

Camden is the best!!!

Sep 21, 2021 - Business Analyst in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's hard to put into words how much I love this company and how it feels to be part of it's amazing culture. The people here are like my 2nd family. They genuinely support you in every aspect of life, and I cannot imagine myself anywhere else. The company and leadership team always try to do the best for employees, and I respect them so much. Can't say that about every company I've worked for!

Cons

None that comes to mind!

4. 5.0

Camden is the BEST!

Sep 21, 2021 - Maintenance Technician in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture and great people to work with

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Camden

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company, Great People

Sep 20, 2021 - Recruiting in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Camden is a great company that takes care of its employees with awards, acknowledgment, and good pay

Cons

None that I can think of

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

We are thrilled that you have such positive comments about your work experience with us here at Camden. Best wishes for your continued success!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work!

Sep 8, 2021 - Regional Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Camden provides a good organization that you can grow your career and have fun doing so. The company culture is awesome and makes you feel like you are a part of a family. The leadership is excellent and leads with compassion and doing the right thing for the employees, residents and shareholders. Here are some of the pros pertaining to benefits: Excellent pay, medical/dental benefits, amazing bonus structure, continuing education payout, employee guest suite stays for $20 a night, stock purchasing options discounted for employees, excellent 401K matches, employee apartment discount.

Cons

It's literally hard for me to come up with any. :)

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that you have enjoyed your experience with Camden over the past several years! Best wishes for your continued success!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Camden is a Company That Walks the Talk

Sep 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Camden is an organization that lives up to its values. When it's time to take care of their people, they do, whether that's financially or through the tools people need to get their job done.

Cons

It can take some time to get comfortable with the culture and learn your way around.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Sep 3, 2021 - ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/CONSTRUCTION ASSISTANT/DISPATCHER in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Chief Executives care for all employees Diverse company Fair pay

Cons

Political Big Egos Communication within Department is lacking

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. Your feedback is truly appreciated and necessary for our commitment to ongoing improvement. I’d welcome the opportunity to learn more about your specific experience. If you’re willing to expand, please reach me at EmployeeRelations@camdenliving.com.

9. 5.0

Camden Property Trust--The Absolute Best Company To Work For

Aug 31, 2021 - District Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Camden for over 21 years now and I have to say it is the most amazing company to work for. I have every intention of my entire career being with this incredible company. I hesitate in calling Camden a company, because it is honestly more a family. Starting at the very top with our president and CEO, every employee at Camden is treated as family and we all treat each other as family. Camden is extremely invested in each and every one of its employees in every way. We are given every resource to succeed, to develop and to grow with the company and further our careers. Just a few of the pros are great benefits, the latest, greatest and most efficient programs and platforms to work from to maximize our productivity and opportunity and an amazing Camden education program offering multiple courses for us to enroll in to never stop learning and to be better at our jobs and create opportunities for advancing our careers. These courses are offered in a combination of online and instructor led. Camden offers competitive pay, paid time off, among many other great benefits. Camden truly cares about you as an employee and I personally feel and experience that every day in so many different ways. Camden also stresses the importance of time away from work, family and work/life balance. The culture at Camden is the absolute best culture I have ever witnessed or experienced at any company. At Camden, we do so many things to help give back to our communities, we have employee fun/team building days, we do skits.....And the list goes on and on. One of our Camden values is to Have Fun and we do that a lot, while always working smart (another Camden value) and getting a lot done and accomplished. At Camden, we truly improve the lives of our employees, our customers and our shareholders one experience at a time. I would recommend Camden as a workplace to anybody and everybody including all friends and family. This is a unique company in so many positive ways and I can't stress enough how well we are treated at Camden and how truly happy we are in our jobs and our careers. I feel lucky and blessed to have been with this great company/family for over 21 years and I'm looking forward to the next 21. If you're looking for an amazing company with great opportunities, great benefits, an incredible culture and you want to be treated as family, Camden is the place to be. It's the best career decision I have ever made.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any Cons in regards to working at Camden. I have struggled to try to think of something and there is honestly nothing I can come up with.

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that you have enjoyed your experience with Camden over the past two decades! Best wishes for your continued success!

10. 5.0

Great company

Aug 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Been with the company for 4 years and feel that they truly care for me. Always been challenged to grow

Cons

possibility of having to move to different state if I want to grow

Senior Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that you have enjoyed your experience with Camden and best wishes for your continued success and growth!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 527 Reviews