- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Canada - All Cities
- - Alberta
- - Calgary, AB Area
- - Calgary, AB
- - Cochrane, AB
- Ireland - All Cities
- - Munster
- - Waterford, Ireland Area
- - Waterford
Found 198 of over 234 reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
Got a burning question about Calgary Board of Education? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Calgary Board of Education employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Ratings by Race Ethnicity
This rating reflects the overall rating of Calgary Board of Education and is not affected by filters.
- Former Employee★★★★★Jan. 24, 2023 - Lunchroom SupervisorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I love kids and meeting new people
Not enough hours of work
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Jan. 19, 2023 - Special Education Assistant in Calgary, ABRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good benefits Competitive salary Good work ethnic
Hard to get in and also get a full time position
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan. 26, 2023 - TeacherRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Working with kids is the best! Great teachers and staff at every school I’ve worked at.
Work life balance is very difficult in the CBE. They keep piling things on teachers and don’t reduce their current work load. Most teachers in the CBE that I know are feeling burnt out and unappreciated. It is too bad because the profession is losing good teachers who quit because they cannot continue as things are. Things have become increasingly difficult in the last few years because of covid and the higher ups don’t seem to understand the challenges we are facing.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan. 5, 2023 - Lunch SupervisorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great learning about Canadian school culture for foreign teachers ND ataff
Working hours ie 10 hours per weekContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jan. 1, 2023 - Lunchroom SupervisorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I was able to work in the school with my children. It's a fantastic position if you are looking for a few hours of work each week.
It can be hard to move into other positions within the CBE.
- Former Employee★★★★★Jan. 10, 2023 - English TeacherRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-good pay and benefits for teachers -good pension and retirement
-big classes and not a lot of support for learning disabilities -not a lot of support
- Former Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Dec. 20, 2022 - Behaviour Support Worker in Calgary, ABRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Excellent work/life balance opportunities - Rewarding work experience - Some room for professional development
- Little room for advancement past Behaviour Support Role
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jan. 4, 2023 - Psychologist in Calgary, ABRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
working with students, helping them overcome mh concerns and foster resilience
micromanagement, poor leadership, meetings eat up your time, no supportContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Dec. 16, 2022 - Teacher in Calgary, ABRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The teachers are great in my dept.
A small number of students/ teachers/ parents ruin good things for everyone else.
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Jan. 11, 2023 - Educational AssistantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
multiple locations provide diverse opportunities
pay, treatment, organizational culture lack muchContinue reading
Calgary Board of Education Reviews FAQs
Calgary Board of Education has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 234 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Calgary Board of Education to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.
71% of Calgary Board of Education employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Calgary Board of Education 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.