CWF Group Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

CWF Group Inc. Reviews

3.8
Henry Xu

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"In this position you either have passion for it or you don't. If you want to try it out, go try out working at McDonald'"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in North York, ON

I have been working at CWF Group Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great support from the managers
    -small company and expending
    -ongoing training
    -Great commission structure unlike anywhere else
    -not an mlm like most companies in the industry
    -family like atmosphere

Cons

-most people who get this position don't belong in the industry. If you want to "give it a try" or"do it part time " go be a real estate agent. This work requires passion, thick skin and discipline. If you are Looking for a job, go work in a bank, it's not a job is a platform for a business. You don't get clients here, you look for clients.

Advice to Management

Don't hire people who want to do it part time, want to give it a try, or want a base pay. It's ridiculous this guy's will only waste everyone's time and energy

2. "Great Place to Work For those who have Passion for Financial Services"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor

I worked at CWF Group Inc. full-time

Pros

- Supportive management
    - Friendly environment
    - Variety of financial services/products
    - No aggressive sales target but must have a good business plan and set own targets because you must earn your commission

Cons

- Not for those looking for financial and risk analysis work related to business degree as this is more focused on clients, sales and financial services offered
    - Not enough teamwork
    - Communication could be improved

Advice to Management

- Include more teamwork and better communication from management

"Upper management threatens you when you leave"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at CWF Group Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours. Get to speak and work with and help the other advisors with their business. Convenient location with lot of free parking.

Cons

Once you decide to leave, things will get ugly and I have seen what happen to other advisors when they are leaving too. I chose to leave because I discover many bad things about the upper management very suddenly and that they have been lying for many years. When I decide to leave, upper management become angry suddenly and then my book of business is in big danger. Upper management wear big smile but are actually very dangerous. With this type of manager you must take good care and be prepare to hit back if you want to leave the company unharmed.

Advice to Management

Upper management must stop their big lies to all staff. Everyone knows you are just fake it until you are make it, and you are teaching everyone else to do the same, just like all the fake online reviews here and on other websites. I have left CWF to be successful for real and not just pretend.

"Lots of exciting services and products for EVERYONE!"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in North York, ON

I have been working at CWF Group Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

(1) Products & Services: LOTS so clients will NEED something. Therefore, GREAT EARNING POTENTIAL
    (2) Training: minimum of 2 - 3 hours/week on the various products, services, & tips/suggestions/recommendations
    (3) Culture: very warm & welcoming - different ages and different races, Advisors all work together to help each other
    (4) Management: very open & friendly - true care for employees & clients, full support, always available 24/7. LOTS more, but I ran out of space!...

Cons

- In the past, we had a LOT of GARBAGE people. They did not perform and did nothing but complain. The complaints were LIES or made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. Glad that those negative people are gone.

Advice to Management

- The hiring of new people now are of greater quality, compared to the past. Keep up the quality of our people.

"Great first time job"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in North York, ON

I worked at CWF Group Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was recruited right out of school and learned a lot at the company. My manager/mentor helped me develop and grow. They really care and want their Financial Advisors to succeed. I was lucky that they took the chance on me to learn as much as I could so that I was able to go to another fortune 500 company earlier this year. This job gave me the experience that other major corps were looking for.

Cons

There is a lot of reading

Advice to Management

keep up the great work

"Financial Advisor"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in North York, ON

I worked at CWF Group Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-the managers truly care about their employees and clients. The management team is patient and more than willing to help see you grow and be the best that you can be
    -lots of training to make sure you understand what you are recommending to your clients in order to provide the best possible advise
    -a growing company with a vast # of products than the competitors to provide to my clients
    -flexible hours. I can set my own time as to when I go to see my clients
    -great group of people to work for and to work with
    -lots of social events to help with team building
    -will definitely recommend to family and friends

Cons

- none that I came across

Advice to Management

I have enjoyed my time with the company. If I move back to Canada, I would for sure LOVE to return to CWF

"Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

Good colleagues. Great joy to work with them. A lot of social activities. Mangers are very friendly people.

Cons

Need more support from the company. The compensation rate is a bit low compared to other competitors.

"I am very appreciate all the support by the management team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at CWF Group Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best platform to build up my own career, never work alone, we work as a team. Senior advisors already help new advisors. Managers always give us prompt response no matter when, even evening time or weekend time.

Cons

Company has some bad apples, never appreciate what management team did for them, always thinking in negative way, not willing to cooperate with others, not focus on the business, never contribute themselves to the team but just thinking how to take it for granted.

Advice to Management

Management should set up early termination system to terminate non-produced advisors. They will just give a lot of burden to the advisors team.

"The Company is growing"

I have been working at CWF Group Inc. full-time

Pros

I have been working there for 5 years. I have seen lots of good changes taking place. It is the true place that offers equal opportunities. No matter where you're from and what your background is, you have the same opportunities as the others to be hired as long as you have the qualities the company is looking for. The management team is very supportive. There are wide ranges of services and products the company has to offer.

Cons

Office spaces are little small for all advisors if they all come at the same time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good works. I like the way that the management team listens to their staff/advisors.

"Career advancement"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in North York, ON

I worked at CWF Group Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I thought CWF Group was just one of those general financial companies when I joined last year. Surprisingly, it isn't. It is very innovative and also colleagues and management team are very supportive too. This structure helped me a lot when I joined last year as my first job after university. I worked for a few other financial companies before as my work terms but none of those are close to CWF Group.

Cons

Not a regular 9-5 job and sometimes I needed to work long hours but compensation was very good though.