CVS Health "pharmacist" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

CVS Health Employee Reviews about "pharmacist"

Updated Oct 14, 2019

Found 15622 reviews

2.8
CVS Health CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo
5,687 Ratings
Pros
  • "CVS has offered me flexible hours that allowed me to work part time while also being a full time student(in 540 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule and nice coworkers(in 516 reviews)

Cons
  • "No opportunities to move up into the company unless you are a pharmacist or store manager(in 674 reviews)

• "Staff is undervalued by upper management(in 559 reviews)

Reviews about "pharmacist"

Return to all Reviews

"Only If you can and will Work hard."

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team Work Mentality Help / Do What's Right Culture Ability to move up quickly / Leadership Development Opportunities

Cons

Salaried Managers work unlimited hours- 45 minimum a week. CVS is constantly reducing personnel hours and therefore increases manager's workload/hours (very little work/life balance) Front Store managers are held responsible for anything ongoing in the Pharmacy despite the fact that they do not have a PharmD or Pharmacist License and do not have 5 years of schooling in Pharmaceuticals.

Advice to Management

This is a great opportunity if you are a hard worker. This is an incredibly physical job, sometimes a dirty/unpleasant job. It can be rewarding if you can handle the work load and have a strong team of Shift Leads and reliable Cashiers. This is an unpleasant job if you are unwilling/unable to train your team properly or hold them accountable- You will end up doing their job.

"changing"

Current Employee - Floater Pharmacist

I have been working at CVS Health part-time

Pros

the schedule is sent in advance

Cons

decrease in tech hours since 2019 has caused pharmacists to become stressed

CVS Health2019-10-09

"CVS just cares about making money"

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at CVS Health part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Network of pharmacists and technicians are usually very good with some exceptions.

Cons

District level and up associates are not the best. They ignore complaints from their employees and their patients. Poor computer system software is glitchy and leads to many customer complaints.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and pay them more given they are usually left severely unstaffed and are not allowed enough hours for adequate assistance.

CVS Health2019-10-03

"Soul Sucker CVS"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Peachtree, GA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers Great pharmacy manager Store discount

Cons

Upper management treats employees like they're expendable. Purposely understaffs stores to save money at the expense of employee well being and customer satisfaction; blames employees for lack of customer satisfaction. Upper management attempts to have employees place the blame on their co-workers, effectively creating a hostile work environment. More work/less hours. Pharmacists don't get a break and aren't... allowed to eat in the pharmacy. Everyone is treated like a thief.

Advice to Management

Stop understaffing your stores and then telling your employees that they have plenty of staff. Our pharmacy has four veteran full-time technicians who can handle a lot and we still have to struggle to stay afloat during the work day when we simply don't have enough hands to see to everyone's needs. Short of splitting ourselves in half and then teaching each half to work independently of the other I don't see how two... people can manage four different work stations in a very high volume store. And then upper management has the audacity to shrug their shoulders and say "figure it out" when customers complain about the wait time.

CVS Health2019-10-09
  5. "Great co-workers / Customers...not so much"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I worked at CVS Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

co-workers willing to help. CVS employee discounts.

Cons

Needs to hire more technicians. Pharmacists constantly under a lot of stress. Constant long lines making customers mad.

CVS Health2019-09-26
  6. "racist manager"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at CVS Health part-time

Pros

some pharmacist are nice ,

Cons

can be stressful based on stores

CVS Health2019-10-07
  7. "Working for CVS inside Target"

Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Memphis, TN

I worked at CVS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working inside Target was great. Low daily script count.

Cons

Co-operation between pharmacist and technicians is very poor in some Targets

CVS Health2019-09-21

"Pays great if you're a pharmacist, but they will expect you to work for it."

Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Alamo Heights, TX

I worked at CVS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can't complain about the salary, possibly the highest in retail (if you are a pharmacist). Being probably the most powerful company in the pharmacy industry and owning their own PBM means there is great job security if you perform well. Innovative company that is continuously developing new patient care programs. Lots of job opportunities, fairly easy to get a job.

Cons

Stores are frequently understaffed, I frequently had to work weekends without a technician. Very strict, metrics-driven performance evaluation, not necessarily concerned with the human side of customer service. No lunch breaks for pharmacists, and cannot keep food or drinks at work station (you have to keep it at the back counter, eat/drink when you have time). Can't make negative freeform comments on engagement... surveys without retaliation (or so I've been told by my manager).

Advice to Management

Actually engage with your employees. Learn to accept negative criticism, and collaborate with employees to find solutions to any issues presented. Also try to solicit more direct patient feedback instead of using store performance metrics as a surrogate measure of customer satisfaction.

CVS Health2019-09-20

"Not the best"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Tech -Retail in Tampa, FL

I worked at CVS Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, Pharmacist are nice and understandable

Cons

not enough hours, high expectations, non competitive salary, no benefits unless you're full time

Advice to Management

Upper Management should be more considerate of employees needs rather than just pushing for higher numbers and higher sales

CVS Health2019-10-07
  10. "Decent"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Higher pay for lead techs. on the job training, most staff pharmacists are cool

Cons

corporate greed with hours. high volume stores should make more Money, we work harder.

CVS Health2019-09-02