Cover image for CN

CN

Engaged Employer

CN

Add a Review

CN Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Nov. 19, 2021

Found 65 of over 1K reviews

3.3
CN CEO Tracy Robinson
Tracy Robinson
Pros
  • "Great pay and benefits for the job performed(in 59 reviews)

• "Good Pay: company discounts for cellphone plans 35% off(in 109 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Overworked/underpaid no work life balance(in 59 reviews)

• "Difficult to manage hours especially at first, on call 24/7(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about CN

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CN and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work

Oct. 1, 2021 - Release Manager in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stimulating environment Interesting projects Challenging Friendly / Open Good benefits

Cons

Lacks organization & structure on projects definition and execution

CN Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing our team members with great benefits.We strive hard to create a work environment where all employees have an opportunity to develop and grow their career. With a 24/7/365 operation CN could not function without our dedicated employees. We hope you share your experience during our regular Pulse surveys so we can develop strategies to do better. We thank you for your hard work and helping move our business and the economy forward.

2. 4.0

Railway

Nov. 19, 2021 - Labourer in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are good and it’s steady

Cons

Shifts don’t give you much of a life until you got seniority

CN Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your hard work. We pride ourselves on providing our team members with great benefits. When we recruit talent to our teams, we spend a lot of time going over the working conditions and the realities associated with the railroad operating 24/7/365 days a year, including how being on call can disrupt your family life and important events. With this 24/7/365 operation CN could not function without our dedicated employees. We thank you for helping move our business and the economy forward. We hope you share your experience during our regular Pulse surveys so we can develop strategies to do better.

3. Join the CN team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good and Bad

Oct. 27, 2021 - Peoject Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Good benefits 2. CN is trying to automate most of the operation. Company is forward looking.

Cons

Too quick to axe non critical roles when the bottom line is not performing to expectation

1 person found this review helpful

CN Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing our team members with great benefits.We strive hard to create a work environment where all employees have an opportunity to develop and grow their career. With a 24/7/365 operation CN could not function without our dedicated employees. We thank you for your hard work and having helped move our business and the economy forward. We hope that you shared your thoughts with our colleague during your exit interview so we can develop strategies to do better in the future.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Job

Sep. 30, 2021 - Maintenance in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and good benefits

Cons

May have to work on weekends

CN Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your hard work. We pride ourselves on providing our team members with great compensation and benefits. When we recruit talent to our teams, we spend a lot of time going over the working conditions and the realities associated with the railroad operating 24/7/365 days a year, including how being on call can disrupt your family life and important events. With a 24/7/365 operation, CN could not function without our dedicated employees. We thank you for having helped move our business and the economy forward.

6. 3.0

Good money

Oct. 6, 2021 - Technicien signaux et communications in Rouyn-Noranda, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The paycheck and the benefits are good

Cons

far from home always on the road

CN Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing our team members with great compensation and benefits.With a 24/7/365 operation CN could not function without our dedicated employees. We thank you for your hard work and helping move our business and the economy forward.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

Oct. 1, 2021 - IT Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, good salary, possibility to grow in the company

Cons

A lot of job cuts don't know what the future holds.

CN Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing our team members with great compensation and benefits.We strive hard to create a work environment where all employees have an opportunity to develop and grow their career. With a 24/7/365 operation CN could not function without our dedicated employees. We thank you for your hard work and having helped move our business and the economy forward.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working for more than 2 years

Jul. 21, 2021 - Network Specialist in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits to start on.

Cons

It could take longer to do simple tasks because of bureaucracy.

CN Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your hard work. We pride ourselves on providing our team members with great benefits. With a 24/7/365 operation CN could not function without our dedicated employees. We thank you for helping move our business and the economy forward. We hope you share your experience during our regular Pulse surveys so we can develop strategies to do better.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Good place to work if you don't like seeing your family

Jul. 13, 2021 - Train Conductor
      Business Outlook

Pros

really good wage. good benefits

Cons

Away from home mostly all the time. oncall every day. No time to do anything. be ready to sell your soul to CN

CN Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your hard work. We pride ourselves on providing our team members with great compensation and benefits. When we recruit talent to our teams, we spend a lot of time going over the working conditions and the realities associated with the railroad operating 24/7/365 days a year, including how being on call can disrupt your family life and important events. With this 24/7/365 operation CN could not function without our dedicated employees. We thank you for having helped move our business and the economy forward.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company to work for

May 20, 2021 - Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lot of innovation happening on the IT side Safety culture is incorporated Good benefits

Cons

Bureaucratic culture can be a bit problematic to get work done.

CN Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your hard work. We pride ourselves on providing our team members with great benefits. We strive hard to create a work environment where all employees can have an opportunity to develop and grow their career. With a 24/7/365 operation CN could not function without our dedicated employees. We hope you share your experience during our regular Pulse surveys so we can develop strategies to do better.We thank you for helping move our business and the economy forward.

11. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not good place to work

May 22, 2021 - Trackman in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and Good benefits

Cons

Not work / life balance

CN Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your hard work. We pride ourselves on providing our team members with great compensation and benefits. When we recruit talent to our teams, we spend a lot of time going over the working conditions and the realities associated with the railroad operating 24/7/365 days a year, including how being on call can disrupt your family life and important events. With this 24/7/365 operation CN could not function without our dedicated employees. We thank you for helping move our business and the economy forward. We hope you share your experience during our regular Pulse surveys so we can develop strategies to do better.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 65 Reviews