CJ Affiliate "affiliate" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

CJ Affiliate Employee Reviews about "affiliate"

Updated May 4, 2018

3.3
CJ Affiliate President Mayuresh Kshetramade
Mayuresh Kshetramade
0 Rating
Pros
Cons
  • "CJ tends to do this thing where we push and sell a certain "hot topic" but literally have zero means from a product level to support it(in 14 reviews)

• "Please beware of this company because it's not worth the stress and the required time spent working on holidays for niche affiliate marketing(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "affiliate"

Return to all Reviews

"Too little too late"

I have been working at CJ Affiliate full-time

Pros

People. Most of the midlevel employees you come across and work with are genuinely talented and helpful. Exposure to work with top brands and influncers.

Cons

New hires beware, you will be lured in with a tour around the office and talk about a super fun enviornment but look at the faces of everyone around, its a soul sucking affiliate farm. No resources, both tech/product and teams are completely shorthanded but expected to do the job of 2-3 people. There is no compensation for added work and the new normal is to just work late and on weekends to meet the demands. All the good employees are leaving in large numbers (you should ask how long the person stayed in the position before you and whether they left or got promoted...) False sense of hope that things are improving, all you hear about is change coming but in the last year things have not improved and rapidly declined in the work life balance and quality of relationships between people across departments.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people you already have working for you! Ask them if they are happy and if not, change what the issues are - the longer you keep ignoring this, the more people will keep leaving and having a pipeline of hiring new people will not solve this. Stop promoting people out of necessity and favoritsm. Hard workers aren’t recognized unless they’re friends with directors or managers. No level of trust between employees and leadership. Also compensation is very poor, for the type of work that is demanded, way below industry average and compared to cost of living in the cities where most offices are.

CJ Affiliate2018-05-04

"Associate Account Manager"

I have been working at CJ Affiliate

Pros

Your colleagues - you will work with some of the smartest and personable people in your career at CJ. I can say I made life-long friends.

Cons

CJ was once a company that embraced work/life balance but now it's nothing but a sweatshop. The salary is not competitive at all and you will work 10-12 hours a day with no regard from leadership about your health, wellness or work/life balance. They just keep piling more and more on you until you break and micromanage you if you crack a joke with others. Please beware of this company because it's not worth the stress and the required time spent working on holidays for niche affiliate marketing.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of burn out and overworking your people. Realize you get more productivity when you care about health and wellness. Don't reprimand employees because they mess up due to the fact that they are burned out and purely unhappy.

CJ Affiliate2018-04-03

"Changing for the better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at CJ Affiliate full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Many office locations allowing you to work around the country - Leader in affiliate space - Good vacation policy - (Recently) began hiring qualified, smart and reliable people - Last 6 months have changed dramatically. Began hiring more talented people. Positive future for company seems to be on horizon.

Cons

- Tedious, repetitive and monotonous work. Way too much time analyzing data and building decks for QBRs and then repeating the never ending process. - Product updates are often rolled out way too slowly and/or not finished. - Interdepartmental collaboration is next to none. Ad dev and pub dev often work against each other. - Channel is the smallest for most advertisers so it receives little budget. The incremental value affiliate provides for many is very little more often than not. - 75% analytics and 25% account management

Advice to Management

- Develop strategy on how to get pub dev and ad dev to work together towards one common goal. - Continue hiring people of the caliber you have within last 8 months.

CJ Affiliate2015-12-28

"Great place to work"

Advertiser Account Representative

I worked at CJ Affiliate for more than a year

Pros

I came to CJ a year out of college and it was great way to dive straight into the digital world. They do a great job of training you on all things affiliate and then putting you on accounts that fit with your experience level. I was lucky in that I had great senior managers and directors that really helped with my employee development. Additionally I also had great accounts which made my job a lot better! They do a great job of fostering growth with leadership clubs and employee training!

Cons

It's a young company and there's a lot of employee turnover. I think the majority of it comes from many not understanding what affiliate is versus the company itself. I had a great experience working there, but I always wanted to transition more into full digital which is the reason I left.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employee development and creating a positive company culture! Now that CJ is under the ADS umbrella it feels more corporate, which takes away from its vibrant advertising culture.

CJ Affiliate2015-11-06
  5. "Great place to start!"

Former Employee - Associate Advertiser Account Manager in Westborough, MA

I worked at CJ Affiliate full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are some of the best around, although the pace is a little slower than I would like, it is a wonderful environment.

Cons

The pay is sub-par, and the attitude of the company is very corporate and guidelines must be adhered to. The affiliate world is very mature and leads to slow paced opportunity.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of what is going on outside of affiliate and expand into markets that are seeing growth with affiliate.

CJ Affiliate2015-09-28
  6. "Great company, good compensation"

Current Employee - Advertiser Account Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at CJ Affiliate full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment, the culture is open and welcoming. Your team WANTS to be at work, and push you to learn. Constantly changing and interesting, every day is different. Managers are understanding and open to time off, running errands, etc. during the workday.

Cons

Benefits are OK, certainly could be better. There's a huge learning curve coming into affiliate marketing so be prepared to not understand what you are supposed to do until about 2 months in.

Advice to Management

Update your training. For new employees, especially ones without affiliate marketing experience, it is extremely difficult to learn on outdated modules. Please update, so that training and learning can be as easy as possible.

CJ Affiliate2015-03-19

"Got to work with great people, acquired good business skills, and maintained work/life balance."

Former Employee - Advertiser Account Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at CJ Affiliate full-time for more than a year

Pros

~The people. I worked with intelligent, kind, compassionate, witty, interesting people. There are always bad apples, of course, but overall, I can't say enough about the people at CJ. ~Good benefits package. ~Interesting industry. Always learning new things. ~Work hard, play hard.

Cons

~Like every industry, the affiliate industry has its quirks, so sometimes work involves schmoozing semi-sleazy people.

Advice to Management

Articulate the bigger picture better. Drop the silly project code names, and tell us what it REALLY means.

CJ Affiliate2013-10-03

"Great Learning Environment"

Program Manager in Westborough, MA

I worked at CJ Affiliate

Pros

Great affiliate network that promotes learning and collaboration. The training is thorough and whatever you don't learn through training you can certainly learn from all the talented and intelligent individuals that work there.

Cons

Their offices are typically not in city centers making it a difficult commute. It is a niche industry, therefore working in affiliate can be a good and bad thing. Also, management changes frequently and a clear vision for the company has not been communicated as of yet. This makes it very difficult to know what you're working towards as a company and where you fit in as an employee.

Advice to Management

It's not how many hours one works, it's the amount and quality of their output that you should be looking at. Perception of an individuals contribution to the company seems to be based on the time spent in the office as oppose to the actual work that a competent employee does.

CJ Affiliate2008-08-12