CIBC Wood Gundy Employee Reviews about "people"
67% would recommend to a friend
(21 total reviews)
Victor G. Dodig
94% approve of CEO
Found 21 of over 135 reviews
Updated Nov 25, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Finance
20 hours ago
Is it me or is good/quality business writing becoming a rarity? I read & review deal proposals & financial analysis; these are all written by recent college graduates (undergraduate and masters programs). Poor sentence structure, poor grammar, misspellings - it's all there. The numbers portions are correct but the ideas these analysts want to convey is done so poorly in written format it makes me wonder how they managed to write papers and graduate. Is this across the board?
Got a burning question about CIBC Wood Gundy? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with CIBC Wood Gundy employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay is low and systems often are down" (in 7 reviews)
- "There is no training and it will take you up to a year to be comfortable with the systems." (in 5 reviews)
- "Even when I had worked weekends for my advisor I got barely anything at such a low salary." (in 3 reviews)
- "Long hours were required and once in a blue moon coming in on a weekend" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of CIBC Wood Gundy and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "people"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Apr 29, 2019AssociateCurrent Employee
Good people at the firm.
Compensation model needs to change. Fat cat IAs get fatter and new hires starve despite more knowledge, competency and credentials.
- 2.0Jan 18, 2021Accounts PayableFormer Contractor, more than 3 yearsSydney
-Nice people to work with -Get morning teas on your birthday
-No career progression -Hard to transit from contract to perm employee
- 5.0Aug 7, 2016Co-OpFormer Intern, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
1. People are really nice 2. I was the only technical person there
It's not a tech company, and I was the only technical person there. Therefore, it's not a ideal place for learning and growing.
- 5.0Oct 9, 2019Investment RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsToronto, ON
Great environment and people to work with company wide
Technologically behind in comparison to other firms and the big 5
- 3.0Jun 4, 2018DirectorCurrent EmployeeToronto, ON
Nice, supportive and helpful colleagues; generally the leaders mean good & looking forward to change; lots of internal opportunities
Many people overworked; gives fancy titles to justify workload; managers don't/can't spend enough time managing
- 5.0Oct 10, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great people and the company really wants you to succeed. A lot of great programs offered to get interns involved in the other sections of the bank.
Overall great experience. No cons
- 2.0Apr 27, 2022Administrative AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, ON
People are nice in the workplace
Drastically underpaid and bosses treat you like you are superior beneath them1
- 3.0Aug 3, 2020InternFormer Intern, less than 1 year
Very knowledgable people working there.
Work for interns is mindless and repetitive, although it is not entirely disinteresting.