CIBC Wood Gundy Employee Reviews about "hour"
67% would recommend to a friend
(14 total reviews)
Victor G. Dodig
94% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Finance
15 hours ago
Is it me or is good/quality business writing becoming a rarity? I read & review deal proposals & financial analysis; these are all written by recent college graduates (undergraduate and masters programs). Poor sentence structure, poor grammar, misspellings - it's all there. The numbers portions are correct but the ideas these analysts want to convey is done so poorly in written format it makes me wonder how they managed to write papers and graduate. Is this across the board?
Got a burning question about CIBC Wood Gundy? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with CIBC Wood Gundy employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay is low and systems often are down" (in 7 reviews)
- "There is no training and it will take you up to a year to be comfortable with the systems." (in 5 reviews)
- "Even when I had worked weekends for my advisor I got barely anything at such a low salary." (in 3 reviews)
- "Long hours were required and once in a blue moon coming in on a weekend" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of CIBC Wood Gundy and is not affected by filters.
Found 14 of over 135 reviews
Updated Nov 25, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "hour"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Apr 1, 2014Co-op Sales AssistantFormer Contractor, less than 1 yearVictoria, BC
Great office environment that includes fun social activities both during and outside work hours. Great atmosphere making it not seem like work.
Can get competitive as teams compete for individual clients. Definite sense of divide between support staff and Investment Advisers as could be expected. Nothing major and I would definitely recommend to a friend.
- 3.0Jan 11, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsCalgary, AB
Work regular hours and get to learn a lot about capital markets.
Salary consists of base(which is low) plus commission.
- 5.0Feb 3, 2023Branch AssistantFormer Intern, less than 1 yearVancouver, BC
amazing culture welcoming people opens door to the finance world great hours
A lot of filling in person
- 3.0Jul 28, 2020Administrative AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMontreal, QC
Deal with quality clients, easy to build relationships, good benefits, good work hours and lots of vacation, bank holidays and personal days
Low job level within CIBC with low base salary. Commission top-up from advisors can vary depending on the team you work with. The job description is not consistent throughout the branch , each team is unique and have their own way of working.1
- 2.0Sept 10, 2023National Services SpecialistFormer Contractor, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
- Friendly staff - New office in the downtown core is nice - Work is relatively easy - Flexible hours - Minimal stress
- Lack of direction of where the department is heading - Many contract workers who do not get renewed or changed to permanent due to the lack of direction - Little to no advancements within this title or particular position, pretty much dead end