CIBC Wood Gundy Reviews
67% would recommend to a friend
(108 total reviews)
Victor G. Dodig
94% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Nice people to work with" (in 8 reviews)
- "CIBC Great benefits and incentives" (in 8 reviews)
- "Good work timings and work life balance" (in 6 reviews)
- "Management and HR at the Edmonton branch were friendly and approachable" (in 4 reviews)
- "Meritocratic culture" (in 4 reviews)
- "Pay is low and systems often are down" (in 7 reviews)
- "There is no training and it will take you up to a year to be comfortable with the systems." (in 4 reviews)
- "Even when I had worked weekends for my advisor I got barely anything at such a low salary." (in 4 reviews)
- "Long hours were required and once in a blue moon coming in on a weekend" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of CIBC Wood Gundy and is not affected by filters.
Found 108 of over 135 reviews
Updated Nov 25, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Oct 29, 2023Administrative AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
Cibc is a good employer on general.
I have never worked with Wood Grundy and Ihave no cons to say about it
- 5.0Jun 12, 2023Data Science InternFormer Employee, less than 1 yearToronto, ON
I think the experience will differ by team a lot, but I really like my team. They are supportive, the work is very meaningful and provide ample opportunities to learn.
Work from 830 to 6; though this is pretty standard in the finance industry, still kind of long hour coming from a tech background.
- 5.0Apr 5, 2023Sr Branch Office AdministratorCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsToronto, ON
Working here has been great! I feel like I can manage my work load within the scope of a business day/week and not bring it home with me.
Job growth can be tricky depending on who your manager is.
- 5.0Jan 15, 2023Administrative AssistantFormer Employee, more than 1 year
-Room for growth -Great benefits: health care, share purchase program -Incentive to further education
-Steep learning curve -Fast paced
- 5.0Dec 17, 2022Investment AdvisorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsCalgary, AB
Very entrepreneurial, supportive management team. Wide array of products and services to offer clients and no, not just CIBC products.
The Bow tower is beautiful but security and multiple elevators to get to office is not ideal. Vibe isn’t great in main floor lobby as Starbucks and other tenants have left
- 5.0Aug 7, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
- Great job to learn the operations side of the Private Wealth Management - nice stepping stone to AIA role - Opportunity to build relationship management skills with Ultra high net worth clients - Developing financial acumen and research/analytical skills - Depending on relationship with Investment Advisor, Client Associates may negotiate to have more business development responsibilities than administrative - Potential to earn more money if you can refer clients from your own network - Salary may be higher if IA decides to pay extra out of his own pocket - Great hours, some IAs allow to work hybrid
- Exit opportunities are limited -Worth doing this job if your goal is to be an Investment Advisor long term
CIBC Wood Gundy Reviews FAQs
CIBC Wood Gundy has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 135 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at CIBC Wood Gundy to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.
67% of CIBC Wood Gundy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CIBC Wood Gundy 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.