CD PROJEKT RED Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Oct 24, 2019

3.6
CD PROJEKT RED CEO Adam Badowski
Adam Badowski
Pros
  • "very friendly and talented people(in 11 reviews)

• "Social events are valued highly here, there are plenty of studio parties and the studio don't hold back on the expenses to give us all a good time :)(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Living in Poland is not exactly easy, language, weather, etc(in 14 reviews)

• "Low salaries, even compared to what other gamedev companies in Warsaw pay(in 7 reviews)

1. "Great place with great creative people"

Current Employee - Video Editor

I have been working at CD PROJEKT RED full-time

Pros

Creative people and enviroment to work

Cons

Living in Poland is not exactly easy, language, weather, etc

CD PROJEKT RED2019-10-24
  2. "I had a good time"

Former Employee - Environment Artist in Kraków

I worked at CD PROJEKT RED full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible talented and fun team to work with!

Cons

Salary and work life balance

CD PROJEKT RED2019-10-21

"3.6 roentgen, not great, not terrible"

Former Employee - Artist

I worked at CD PROJEKT RED full-time for more than a year

Pros

Projects, coworkers, learning opportunity, facilities,

Cons

Pay, management, rating system, progression , bonus allocation

CD PROJEKT RED2019-09-18

"Arguably THE BEST AAA Game Dev Studio atm"

Current Employee - Senior Programmer in Warsaw

I have been working at CD PROJEKT RED full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined CDP few months before E3 2019, before I worked at a several AAA game development studios in North America and Europe. I was there for a crunch period before the show, getting the demo ready. Anyways, the pros: -You got to work on the most anticipated game -There is some really advanced tech under the hood to work on -People are MUCH more motivated than at my previous jobs -26 days of paid vacations +... paid sick leave -Paid overtimes: 150% during weekdays, 200% on weekends. I've never seen anything like that in North America - you get 100%, in best case, or it's "but you're getting bonus/some random time-off". Here you get a fair pay AND a bonus. -Overtimes are optional: we had a meeting with a producer, who reiterated, that though they'd appreciate if we help, they don't want us to get tired and overworked. Few people of the team (including me) did some overtime, few didn't, I felt no peer-pressure. And again - I don't mind at all doing a few hours during a weekend for a DOUBLE money -Salaries are HUGE in the local purchase power (even without a bonus). If I were to live in UK, I'd need 6 figures yearly salary in pounds, so I could afford the same life quality. I am not sure you can get this at any other gamedev studio working on a AAA single-player title -The onsite gym and canteen are REALLY good and save a lot of time on commute - I was working out regularly even during crunch periods -The feedback system is very transparent and you get feedback every month -Last but not least - I really enjoy working with people which mean what they say, and which really need the work you do

Cons

There hasn't been many for me so far, despite I've been very concerned reading the Glassdoor reviews :) But apparently, it's either they are too emotional, or the company has changed A LOT. Anyway, if I were to nitpick something to try to be objective: There were a few hiccups during the recruitment process: particularly, there were some delays in the interview process and a confusion for the starting date. Also,... the immigration process for the spouse was not very clearly explained, but it worked out well in the end.

Advice to Management

Some people would love to work on CDP titles, but are afraid of moving to Poland. Consider opening a studio in North America (Montreal/LA could be good places to consider) to be able to attract international talent unwilling to relocate. Always, despite benefits are already fair, they can always be improved, especially compared to outside of gamedev (Google, Facebook etc). 1 hour of Polish lessons per week is... not enough for most of the people - having, at least, 3 hours/week would make it easier to learn it without taking classes elsewhere. Data science is currently underappreciated in the company - while this could work for AAA games, I don't think this is sustainable for products like Gwent and services like GOG.

CD PROJEKT RED2019-07-15

"Very talented and great people. Active self-growth. Production quality on very high level."

Current Employee - Environment Artist

I have been working at CD PROJEKT RED full-time for more than a year

Pros

Studio, projects, people, feedback between team members, team - structure.

Cons

Salary, work time, trust to your employees.

CD PROJEKT RED2019-04-09

"No that bad"

I worked at CD PROJEKT RED full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work ethic Good people Good equipment

Cons

rumours and lies fill the office

Advice to Management

Need to stop office rumours on discord servers

CD PROJEKT RED2019-03-19

"Great people and atmosphere"

I worked at CD PROJEKT RED full-time

Pros

Talented people in every department Great atmosphere, you can really feel like friends and family there Frequent social events Dogs in the office! Tasty coffee and a wide variety of non-dairy milk

Cons

HR should have more time for the employees Low salaries and difficult promotion path

CD PROJEKT RED2019-03-08

"Good compaany"

I have been working at CD PROJEKT RED full-time

Pros

Salary and so on so on

Cons

no any cons its like that

CD PROJEKT RED2019-03-12

"Great overall"

Former Employee - Project Engineer

I worked at CD PROJEKT RED full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-challenging projects.. There is true passion behind the company. -Everyone is very friendly and outgoing. -the studio learns on its mistakes more often than not -great corporate culture. Frequent social events

Cons

Too much pressure and no life

CD PROJEKT RED2019-02-28

"Terribly mismanaged company"

Former Employee - Programmer in Warsaw

I worked at CD PROJEKT RED full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many great developers to work with Flexible work hours

Cons

Many teams are lead and/or directed by incompetent people who focus more on advancing their own career than shipping a good product. Developers are being fired if they speak up about their leads' incompetency. HR processes fail to solve any mismanagement issues, often leading to developers quitting their jobs. The upper management is rotten to the core and full of people skilled only in sucking up to the... directors. Complete mess in terms of production leading to crunch all the time. Many leads and directors lie constantly, both to their teams and their leads. People exposing those lies are often forced to leave or are straight out fired. Many developers have been asked to put up positive reviews here to hide how things really are. Low salaries, even compared to what other gamedev companies in Warsaw pay. Your career can be frozen by your lead based on lies he spreads about you and there will be no one to help you.

Advice to Management

Survey your developers to get an idea on the scale of mismanagement that's going on on a daily basis and get rid of all the producers and/or directors indicated by the results.

CD PROJEKT RED2018-10-03