C.H.I. Overhead Doors Reviews

Updated Feb 13, 2020

3.9
C.H.I. Overhead Doors CEO    Dave Bangert (no image)
Dave Bangert
  1. "It was a very stable and consistent place to work."

Former Employee - Driver in Arthur, IL

I worked at C.H.I. Overhead Doors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay was good, most employees were easy to get along with and work along side.

Cons

Salaries were capped after being there for 15 years+, hours were cut for non production employees, regulations pushed hard on all employees.

Continue reading
  2. "Where you’re treated like family."

I have been working at C.H.I. Overhead Doors full-time

Pros

Hourly bonus, OT, 401k, health, dental & vision. PTO (based on length of employment. 2-4 weeks). Open door policy from HR to CEO. You feel like your opinion matters & that management is listening to your ideas & concerns.

Cons

The hours can be unpredictable from week to week. It can be tough to schedule appointments for you & family based on hours worked.

3. "Never should have left"

Former Employee - RP Lines Worker in Arthur, IL

I worked at C.H.I. Overhead Doors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great pay and profit sharing for plant employees. i randomly receive a check for a couple grand because of the company's performance and i never get that at my current plant. never should have left these guys.

Cons

scheduling could be tough. lots of ot in the fall. can get a little slow in the spring which is why i left but i shouldnt have.

Continue reading
  4. "Job with lots of potential"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Arcola, IL

I worked at C.H.I. Overhead Doors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employee owner, salary, Insurance and lots of Paid Time Off. Great co workers. All kinds of perks with local businesses as well.

Cons

Certain politics make it difficult for others to advance within the company, and your voice is not heard by people in positions of power. You feel as if your family at home , doesn’t mean much to anyone but you. You don’t know what time you’re going home until around noon of said day.

April 24, 2018Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with C.H.I. Overhead Doors. This spring, we announced that we would have a standardized start time year round for our manufacturing operations. This will help in providing a better work-life balance for our associates. Furthermore, we've launched daily gemba walks in which our entire leadership team spends several hours on the plant floor each morning. This has proven to be incredibly beneficial for our teams in understanding the day to day events on the floor. While it saddens me to see that you've left C.H.I. Overhead Doors, we do appreciate your open and candid feedback. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if you have any questions or concerns.

5. "Good place to work with good benefits."

I have been working at C.H.I. Overhead Doors full-time

Pros

Benefits Kind Friendly Professional Safety

Cons

Unfair leadership annoying clueless don't listen

April 24, 2018Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We take pride in our benefits programs that we offer to our employees and strive to ensure that each member of the C.H.I. family has access to affordable and quality healthcare options. In regards to leadership, we have an open door policy for each member of our leadership team. If you have concerns please do not hesitate to stop by my office or any other member of management. I'd love to hear your thoughts on how we can improve our communication strategy.

"Unsure"

1.0
    Current Employee - Office in Arthur, IL

I have been working at C.H.I. Overhead Doors full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay, benefits, and hours. People in my small department are great

Cons

Too many accidents due to management being money hungry, now we have to watch our backs because OSHA is on sight, unsure of longevity employment.

March 18, 2016HR Manager

Thank you for posting. As an organization safety is paramount to the success and growth of not only our business, but our employees as well. We maintain a safety culture that always comes first and stress continuous improvement in all facets of our operations. If there are any questions, concerns or feedback please feel free to contact me. Your 8+ years of service to C.H.I. have been vital to our success.

7. "Good place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Arthur, IL

I have been working at C.H.I. Overhead Doors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are willing to show up and work you will always have a job and they treat you fairly well.

Cons

Never know how long you work on a given Friday. Production is based on orders.

March 18, 2016HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We would not be who we are today without great employees like you.

8. "Provided for my family for about 5 years"

4.0
    Former Employee - Assebly Line Worker in Arthur, IL

I worked at C.H.I. Overhead Doors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company cares about their employees and will give raises accordingly. They appreciate hard work. Also if you ever need to lose weight, work in the Plant for a couple months and you will lose quite a bit of weight. You get a paid week for holiday shutdown after your first calender year. You also get an additional floating paid vacation after your 3rd calender year. You have 2 "Free Days" every six months. Free days are awarded by perfect attendance and not having an accident on the job. Excellent insurance benefits ( I miss those the most )

Cons

Since the doors are "Made to Order", you never know when you are getting off work when you Walk in on Monday, and when you walk in on Friday. The bosses do, however, let you know when they know how late you are staying at work, and when you are leaving on Friday. It is difficult to make plans Friday afternoon if you don't know if you are getting off at 1 p.m. or 5 p.m. If you are looking to move up in this company, your best bet might be Foreman of 2nd shift. But that is earned by working there a LONG time and acquiring leadership skills that the current supervisors can see that you've done. Realistically, to move up in this company, you either have to be Amish, have an Amish last name, or have a college degree with many credentials.

March 18, 2016HR Manager

Thank you for the feedback. We do our diligence to ensure we provide long and fulfilling careers to our employees. While it saddens me to see that you have left our organization, we greatly appreciate the positive words regarding your employment experience with C.H.I. Overhead Doors.

9. "Wonderful Place to work"

in Arthur, IL

I have been working at C.H.I. Overhead Doors

Pros

You are part of the family and people here accept you. Many benefits good work environment

Cons

Arthur IL is out in the country

March 18, 2016HR Manager

Thank you for the kind words. It's great to hear about positive experiences from our employees at C.H.I.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews