Bungalow Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2020

3.9
Bungalow CEO Andrew Collins (no image)
Andrew Collins
  1. COVID-19

"I loved working here"

Former Employee - Forensic QA Specialist in Kitchener, ON

I worked at Bungalow full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really loved working at Bungalow, the entire team was fantastic and the work was interesting and meaningful.

Cons

Just not enough resilience to handle global worldwide pandemics I guess

Continue reading
  2. "Amazing team, incredible company mission"

Current Employee - Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bungalow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Own and drive the vision of the company through design. Tackling housing affordability and loneliness, two really challenging and fulfilling problems to solve!

Cons

No longer going into the beautiful office in the Presidio due to COVID, but hopefully we’ll get back in there again soon!

3. "Bungalow pays employees to write fake reviews"

1.0
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Bungalow full-time

Pros

Great company if you like working with * liars * unethical business practices * incompetent management * buggy apps * demand-side customers constantly complain about how bad the service is

Cons

They'll send out company-wide slack messages to post fake reviews whenever a poor rating like this one is posted. Internally, I'm just sick of active solicitation to write a fake review. Just read the other reviews about all the happy people that work here. Especially the recent one since they laid off a bunch of staff in April. The positive reviews are fake, they're based off a template of what to write for a fake review. Unethical business practices. There's no talent at this company. Management will not honestly answer questions at all hands. You can always tell when management is full of it because they spin their answers to difficult questions by not even trying to answer the question. The poster child for how to not run a company.

"Amazing Company!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Bungalow full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked with Bungalow since they opened their office in SLC, UT and it has been an amazing company to be a part of. You get a chance to work with some amazing individuals that are extremely smart, talented, and all working together to accomplish something bigger than themselves. Bungalow has a great mission and values. They place an extreme emphasis on diversity and equality in the workplace. One of the main values is that we "Move Fast" which is extremely true as we are still in startup mode, I consider this a pro but others may not view it as such. This means if you have the mindset of being adaptable you can be very successful here. As Bungalow is a start up it means that are lots of opportunities for career growth and really increasing the impact you are able to have. If you put the work in you will be rewarded.

Cons

Typical start up headaches, but as we move fast we also implement a lot of changes as we continue to solidify and build out our product, both externally and internally, which can be challenging for some. Overall through there are very few cons to working at Bungalow.

Continue reading

"Incredible Team, Workplace, and Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bungalow full-time for less than a year

Pros

Inspiring, hardworking, and motivating team members across the entire company from all levels, positions, and parts of the world. Ability to work cross functionally on a wide array of projects

Cons

Common struggles of a high growth start up in the early stages - some limited resources, uncertainties from time to time, and longer hours of work. No matter the struggles - working at Bungalow is so worth it.

Continue reading

"Caring Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bungalow full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Flexibility in work - Managers who are understanding & want to see you succeed - Huge amount of work experience; variety in your day-to-day - Open & accepting of all opinions, viewpoints, etc. - Focus on togetherness and culture within company and with customers

Cons

- Inconsistencies in procedure - Inconsistencies in day-to-day communication

Continue reading

"Dream Job -- Love it here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bungalow full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working here is everything that I could have asked for -- driven teammates, inspiring leadership, inclusive atmosphere, and so many opportunities for growth. Coming to Bungalow was a big career shift for me, but I honestly couldn't be happier I made the jump. I'm looking forward to seeing what our team accomplishes in the coming years.

Cons

The typical growing pains I assume many startups have -- namely, disorganization at times, learning to effectively manage priorities, etc.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bungalow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is great and we get to work cross functionally with other teams. This job allows you to wear multiple hats and learn skills that you typically wouldn't in other account management roles. Management has been amazing and always works to help uplevel your current role to ensure you are growing your career.

Cons

Since its a startup, you most likely will have to pave your path for growth.

"2 Months In and Loving It!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Vice President of Sales and Customer Experience in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Bungalow full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm inspired to be a part of a growing and progressive company that values it's people so highly! We live in a complex world and we're trying to do industry-defining (and perhaps career-defining) work, and Andrew (CEO) and Justin (COO) have managed to assemble one of the brightest and most dynamic teams I've been involved with. I'm inspired and motivated to see what this can become!

Cons

We're still a young company, so it's messy and complicated, and things change a lot. So bring your AQ (Adaptability Quotient) and make the most of the road ahead.

"Truly my dream job"

Current Employee - Executive Support in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Bungalow full-time for more than a year

Pros

All of the pros are listed as are company values honestly, feedback obsessed, focus on impact, be an owner, etc. I've never felt more heard at a job than when I've been at Bungalow and you have the power to say "I think this isn't working" and management will further empower you to make sure it does work in the future.

Cons

One of the hardest things about working here, is probably how fast the company moves. At any minute we could have a complete process change that needs to be built, but I think management does their best at providing you as much info as they have to make it an easier transition

Found 53 reviews