Bullhorn Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Dec 3, 2019

4.0
Bullhorn CEO Art Papas
Art Papas
Pros
  • "The commitment to employee development and continuing a great culture seems to always be at the forefront of the Senior Leaderships initiatives(in 24 reviews)

• "Amazing team camaraderie, this is no surprise considering there is a free lunch every Wednesday and breakfast every day(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "As the company has grown, there will be growing pains(in 19 reviews)

• "Bullhorn has been acquiring companies like crazy, so if you're afraid of change and working in a fast-paced environment, it's not the company for you(in 16 reviews)

1. "Great team to work with"

Current Employee - Product Consultant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People are what makes Bullhorn so special. Even though I work remotely and all of my team members are in a different location we have a great relationship. Also, Bullhorn cares about the remote employees and tries to involve everyone in-company events. Also, the leaders are trying to listen more closely to frontline employees and their concerns and need to make more work and life balance.

Cons

If you are a remote employee, you can be a little bit out of the loop however, communication from team leaders and chat groups and social chats groups, buddy system between departments are helping with this issue and give more networking opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and taking actions

Bullhorn2019-11-21

"Political miasma poisons an otherwise satisfactory work experience"

Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Bullhorn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bullhorn is a juggernaut of a company; backed by Vista funding and is likely to remain one of the biggest names in the ATS industry. If you want a company with the financial security to still be around for years; Bullhorn is a good choice.

Cons

The management is deeply political, with more and more ranks being added to the corporate structure on an almost daily basis (to be fair, this was in 2015). The things that were being told to customers were told in tremendously poor faith (if they weren't outright lies), and an ever changing metric system suppressed most low ranking employees into staying there.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a shake up in management to remove the yes men; and to stick to a path for long enough to see if the decisions net the desired outcomes.

Bullhorn2016-01-20

"Enjoyed my time there but would advise to only work in Boston"

Former Employee - National Account Executive in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Bullhorn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of money and momentum. A good product in a saturated market. Lots of clients.

Cons

The culture has suffered with lots of acquisitions.

Bullhorn2015-12-16
  4. "Growing company"

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

Bullhorn is fast growing company and with that there are many new opportunities. Great culture and perks like free lunch and breakfast once a week.

Cons

With growth there are lot of growing pains like many process changes and implementing many call center specific regulations and scrips which makes you feel micro managed but management is working to improve these everyday.

Bullhorn2015-07-21

"Long road ahead"

Current Employee - Applications Support

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Room for growth and experience. Many different departments and positions to move into if motivated

Cons

Lack of communication between departments. Can sometimes be difficult to get answers.

Advice to Management

Communication breakdowns between teams and departments leads to lack of accountability. If everyone is rowing in the same direction, it's easier to steer the ship.

Bullhorn2014-03-07

"Potential"

I worked at Bullhorn

Pros

Great product and people, very much the market leader product wise

Cons

Needs to quickly complete the integration of the acquired company, make them feel wanted as its very much still a Boston centric company.

Bullhorn2014-03-13

"Bullhorn makes you better, faster, stronger"

Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

"Culture eats strategy for breakfast." At Bullhorn, that's true, and, to boot, there's also free breakfast. Bullhorn's culture requires self-reflection and honesty -- and those who thrive at Bullhorn seek out the feedback from others (not just attaboys and attagirls). The culture - especially as embodied by the leaders - does not shy away from challenging conversations and truly honest dialogue. It's this... ability to confront and label difficulties that enables Bullhorn to continuously improve. Bullhorn's ownership culture places a premium on individuals and leaders making an opportunity "their own", rather than simply implementing a plan that's been handed to them. This approach yields opportunities for true personal growth; rather than a scripted path to your next title. Being part of this culture forces you to "up your game" - and be more accountable, honest, and open to everyone around you (and a little befuddled as to why other people in your life aren't that way!). Finally, on a personal note, Bullhorn is also known for its compassion (while being a business with responsibilities of its own). The team - from leaders to individual contributors - recognize when another member of the team has personal matters to tend to outside of work - and the team rallies to help. I've been the recipient of this kindness and been someone offering to others (simultaneously, sometimes). Bullhorn not only welcomes - it also accommodates diversity in so many aspects of our lives. In some corporate cultures, hiding one's identity is the norm; at Bullhorn, you are accepted and embraced for who you are.

Cons

A direct, reflective, ownership-oriented culture isn't for everyone. While Bullhorn does have a rigorous hiring process, there are people for whom Bullhorn is not a fit; it's tough to find yourself in a bad culture fit - especially when surrounded by so many people who thrive in it.

Advice to Management

Bullhorn's culture is its crown jewel - it's what propels the growth of the company and of the individuals within it. Sometimes people leave because they have lost their belief in the culture or in leaders adhering to it. Continue to reinforce how critical the culture is and keep everyone growing.

Bullhorn2019-12-01
  8. "A great culture with even better leadership"

Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership is strong and the culture makes you feel like you truly belong.

Cons

Nothing to improve on here.

Advice to Management

Keep on being the best you can be!

Bullhorn2019-12-03
  9. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative

I worked at Bullhorn full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great perks - Flexible working environment

Cons

- Not as many development opportunities

Advice to Management

- None

Bullhorn2019-12-03

"Great culture & people"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bullhorn has a huge focus in culture and it shows - not just great perks typical of tech companies, but the 5 core values are consistent across most employees and how the Bullhorn operates which fosters a really positive & collaborative environment. Management is always looking for ways to treat employees more fairly and to improve overall satisfaction on every front. Leaders themselves are very accessible... and opportunities for growth are everywhere. Diversity & inclusion as well as community service are also big focuses. I enjoy the work we do, the people we work with, and the mission we all work towards - it's been a very positive experience.

Cons

A few years ago, it was discussed at a town hall that companies can be successful by pursuing one of a few avenues, including being customer obsessed, focusing on operation efficiency, being a cost leader, etc. We decided, with examples like Amazon and Zappos, that Bullhorn's path to success was through delivering an incredible experience. We've ended every meeting & presentation with this mantra for the last... 5+ years but I don't think we've lived up to that. Our internal policies from support to finance to development don't reflect a customer obsessed business. We've found our success by focusing on operational efficiency and delivering a truly premium product - from an ideology standpoint it feels more GE than Zappos. With PE pressure, and growth + profitability as a key focus, I can understand why that is but it creates a cognitive dissonance to be overly fed the customer experience mantra without the follow through. Despite a really positive experience overall, I consider this a main con as it consistently leads some really tough conversations/situations

Bullhorn2019-11-21