Cover image for Bullhorn

98% Approve of CEO

Found 482 of over 510 reviews

Bullhorn Founder and CEO Art Papas
Art Papas
Pros
  • "Love the PTO benefit, also very good culture and work life balance(in 23 reviews)

• "Great culture, career advancement capabilities and opportunities to continue to learn(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Bullhorn has been acquiring companies like crazy, so if you're afraid of change and working in a fast-paced environment, it's not the company for you(in 26 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is nonexistent(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Bullhorn and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Best job I've ever had

May 17, 2022 - Software Engineer -2 in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO Great management Challenging work Room for growth

Cons

I'm far away from my team/offices so I sometimes feel like I miss out on some of the team building

Bullhorn Response

Love to see this is the best job you've ever had! Please reach out if you have any suggestions on how to feel more engaged with the team - we are always open to recommendations or suggestions from our employees! - Kelley Morse, SVP, HR

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love Bullhorn! Great place to be

May 18, 2022 - Enterprise Account Executive in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Art (CEO) is amazing - he founded the company and has led it to enormous success over the last 22 years while maintaining a stellar culture The entire company is filled with incredibly bright, collaborative people Just a great culture, vision & product

Cons

Very few. Remote work gets isolating. Stressful targets but most seem to come out ok Shrinking TAM but they address this with acquisitions and shifts in team structure/strategy

Bullhorn Response

WOW! Thanks for this review. We're so happy to see that you are loving your time here! Hopefully some of the new events that being put into place by the employee experience team will help with some of the remote isolation. Always open to suggestions if you have other ways you think we could support our remote employees - catch me on slack! - Kelley Morse, SVP, HR

3. Join the Bullhorn team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic organization, culture, vision and product

Jan. 4, 2020 - Field Account Executive in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bullhorn has been around for 20+ years and they are the market leader in the space. They know what they’re doing and have developed an amazing company culture in the process. A fair portion of employees work from home which is also a huge benefit in terms of work-life balance. The sales team has a very diverse mix of highly talented individuals so there are endless opportunities to learn and develop from the people you’re surrounded by. In a nutshell: a fantastic company that has its ducks in a row. I’ve never enjoyed working any place more than I do at Bullhorn.

Cons

Not many cons to report yet. One would be that because of its size and market share, anyone who can afford Bullhorn likely already has it so there are some uphill battles but that makes the thrill of the chase a bit more fun!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great team to work with

Nov. 21, 2019 - Product Consultant in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are what makes Bullhorn so special. Even though I work remotely and all of my team members are in a different location we have a great relationship. Also, Bullhorn cares about the remote employees and tries to involve everyone in-company events. Also, the leaders are trying to listen more closely to frontline employees and their concerns and need to make more work and life balance.

Cons

If you are a remote employee, you can be a little bit out of the loop however, communication from team leaders and chat groups and social chats groups, buddy system between departments are helping with this issue and give more networking opportunities.

VP of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for this valuable feedback. As our remote workforce is growing we are always looking to strengthen communication and provide a cohesive culture to all our employees. We will continue to listen and take action. Thanks for noticing.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Political miasma poisons an otherwise satisfactory work experience

Jan. 20, 2016 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bullhorn is a juggernaut of a company; backed by Vista funding and is likely to remain one of the biggest names in the ATS industry. If you want a company with the financial security to still be around for years; Bullhorn is a good choice.

Cons

The management is deeply political, with more and more ranks being added to the corporate structure on an almost daily basis (to be fair, this was in 2015). The things that were being told to customers were told in tremendously poor faith (if they weren't outright lies), and an ever changing metric system suppressed most low ranking employees into staying there.

6 people found this review helpful

VP, Human Resouces and Talent

We appreciate the feedback as we look for ways to improve. Should you want to discuss further, please reach out to Kcastelda@bullhorn.com.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Enjoyed my time there but would advise to only work in Boston

Dec. 16, 2015 - National Account Executive in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of money and momentum. A good product in a saturated market. Lots of clients.

Cons

The culture has suffered with lots of acquisitions.

Recruiting Manager

Integrating companies with different cultures can be tough; we're proud of how each acquisition we've made has contributed to making the Bullhorn culture as strong as it is. Boston *is* great, but the Vancouver office is wonderful, too!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Growing company

Jul. 21, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bullhorn is fast growing company and with that there are many new opportunities. Great culture and perks like free lunch and breakfast once a week.

Cons

With growth there are lot of growing pains like many process changes and implementing many call center specific regulations and scrips which makes you feel micro managed but management is working to improve these everyday.

Bullhorn Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this! It sounds like things are heading in the right direction with the call center metrics; make sure to keep your manager aware of your feelings and any suggestions you have on these.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

Potential

Mar. 13, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great product and people, very much the market leader product wise

Cons

Needs to quickly complete the integration of the acquired company, make them feel wanted as its very much still a Boston centric company.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Long road ahead

Mar. 7, 2014 - Applications Support
      Business Outlook

Pros

Room for growth and experience. Many different departments and positions to move into if motivated

Cons

Lack of communication between departments. Can sometimes be difficult to get answers.

11. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for.

Nov. 30, 2022 - Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership. And the compay had great future goals

Cons

Poor work life balance was not the best

Viewing 1 - 10 of 482 Reviews
    </>Embed

Bullhorn Reviews FAQs

Bullhorn has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 510 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at Bullhorn to a friend and 90% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bullhorn employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bullhorn. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

93% of Bullhorn employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bullhorn 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Bullhorn Job Seekers