BroadbandTV Reviews

Updated Sep 14, 2021

Found 139 of over 150 reviews

3.7
BroadbandTV Founder and CEO 	Shahrzad Rafati (no image)
Shahrzad Rafati
Pros
  • "BBTV is an exciting company in a fast paced industry(in 14 reviews)

• "Fun industry & work environment - great people to work with(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Indecisive upper management requires endless planning and justification for projects(in 10 reviews)

• "The company is essentially a pyramid scheme designed to aggregate content from YouTube(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Jul 27, 2021 - Team Lead Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Innovative, Engaging, Supportive, Great People , Great Culture

Cons

Few legacy projects that need attention

1 person found this review helpful

BroadbandTV Response

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We’re glad to hear that you are enjoying your time at BBTV. We’re so proud of the culture we have cultivated and agree that we have a wonderful Leadership team. Happy to have you as part of the BBTV family.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A career step, but not long term.

Aug 19, 2021 - Account Management in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

A wide variety of work to do and sometimes lead projects which looks great for the resume. Company culture and events are apparently fun but unfortunately missed out during COVID.

Cons

Underpaid for market value, amount of work doesn't correspond to pay received. Not competitive with salary at all unless you try to leave. No intention for flexibility on WFH. Underdeveloped departments leading to major inconsistencies and breakdowns in the business.

2 people found this review helpful

BroadbandTV Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! BBTV has a fun and collaborative environment, and we absolutely love our frequent Culture events, but understand that events don’t feel the same while we are all working from home. We are always continuing to look for ways to stay connected and engaged, whether through our Town Halls, Slack contests, department events, or team events such as our Virtual Summer Games and Holiday Party. The safety of our team has been our #1 priority since we moved to full work from home in March, 2020. As we plan to return to work at HQ when it is safe to do so, we seek feedback from the team to build a flexible, hybrid working model that balances the needs of the different teams across the business, as well as individual preferences. We are proud of our Total Rewards package which includes not only base salary, but also bonus, commission for our sales teams, a personal learning and development budget, fully paid medical and dental benefits for the Canadian team, paid community hours and a very generous paid time off policy, which includes our COVID Care days in addition to regular paid sick leave. We offer a lot of people their first career opportunity right out of school, as well as creating opportunities for newcomers to Canada. This means that after learning and growing with us some people move on to their next great opportunity, and we are happy to know that we have helped them get started in their career. Thanks again for your feedback. We wish you the best.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Zero wage gap and a very socially conscious company.

Jul 5, 2021 - Video Editor in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The company is growing so much -Extremely socially aware and progressive, with lots of pro-employee decisions made. -Diverse and zero wage gap -Opportunity for growth and development in your own areas -Flexible and creating a hybrid remote work schedule. -Lots of focus on the HR department. -Lovely people all around. -Creates a good environment for work-life balance.

Cons

-Wage can be not as good as other companies -So many different sectors in the company you don't get to work with a lot of people or even learn what they do. That can make you feel like an outsider at times.

1 person found this review helpful

BroadbandTV Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your time here at BBTV. We’re also happy that you recognize our focus on being a truly quadruple bottom line business committed to measuring success across our financial, people, social, and environmental pillars. We are especially proud of our diverse team full of bright, passionate people with different worldviews and backgrounds, and the company’s 0% pay gap, because for us equal means equal, regardless of gender, race, orientation or any other factor. Thank you for the feedback on pay, we put a lot of thought into ensuring your overall experience at BBTV is rewarding, including compensation, and hope you are enjoying all the benefits we offer. And we fully recognize that while we are working from home it has been especially challenging to connect with and learn about other teams, people and parts of our business. We continue to look for ways to foster learning and communication, including our All Hands Town Halls and Department Insight Meetings and we are really looking forward to the time (soon!) that we can work at least part of the time together at our office locations. Thanks for being a part of the team!

4. 1.0

Poor leadership

Aug 3, 2021 - Dev
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing goood about the company

Cons

Terrible company. Management doesn't know anything.

BroadbandTV Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We value and appreciate your feedback. We have worked hard to build a strong and sustainable business that is a global leader in our field with a truly successful quadruple bottom line business. It’s also important to us that we continue to build a supportive and engaging culture. Thank you again for your feedback and we’re sorry if we didn’t meet your expectations during your time at the company. We wish you the best in your future.

5. 3.0

Good vibes

Jun 14, 2021 - Talent Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team I worked with was awesome.

Cons

Working long hours to close sales.

BroadbandTV Response

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed working with your coworkers, and we agree that we have an amazing team here at BBTV. We also thank you for your hard work to help the business grow and expand. All the best in your future!

6. 3.0

Needs work

May 28, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful office and location, unique company, flexible, good pay

Cons

Very unorganized in employees world. Millennial central and the CEO has very little respect for time. She’s always late and cancels meetings often. Things get shifted daily.

BroadbandTV Response

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. We’re sorry to hear that not all your expectations were met, but are glad to hear you liked our office, our industry and compensation.In our rapid growth and fast-paced environment, BBTV continually pushes forward to meet the evolving needs of the business and fuel our growth. Thanks again for your feedback.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pray and hope you get the right team lead

May 26, 2021 - YouTube Content Acquisition Specialist in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

good peers and a nice workspace

Cons

-low pay -mundane work -Some team leads are very nice and encouraging but others are very strict and will micromanages you and fake -no room for growth

BroadbandTV Response

Thank you for your thoughts. At BBTV, we put a lot of time and effort to ensure our compensation package is competitive in our market. In addition to base salary, we also offer an annual bonus, and you also have the opportunity to earn commissions if you’re part of our sales team. We are sorry to hear that you found transitioning throughout the company was difficult. As for growth, BBTV has a range of roles and positions at the company, and we are proud of the internal mobility program we have put in place, which provides employees with the opportunity to take on new roles and responsibilities in other departments. The program has been very successful at promoting growth and movement within BBTV. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.

8. 4.0

Good company

May 9, 2021 - Management in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Team, rapid growth, nice office space

Cons

Relatively new industry, change of direction happens often

BroadbandTV Response

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your time with BBTV. We agree that we have an amazing team and are thrilled we’ve all been able to remain connected, as our wonderful office space waits for our return, while we continue to work from home. As a groundbreaking company in a relatively new industry, part of what makes BBTV an exciting place to work is our ability to grow and create new opportunities, which we have done from the beginning and will continue to do as the industry and our business evolves. It’s an exciting journey and we are glad you enjoyed being part of that.

9. 3.0

Uncompetitive Salaries

Apr 9, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

- inclusive culture - great office - female leadership

Cons

- compensation is uncompetitive - industry is volatile

BroadbandTV Response

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. BBTV is proud to be founded by our female Chairperson & CEO, who continues to lead the company. Her hard work, passion, and ability to inspire our team, has catapulted BBTV to a leader in the media tech space. BBTV has seen positive results from our inclusive culture, because we believe that when our people feel safe to be their true selves, they are more productive, and are happier and healthier contributors. We also agree that BBTV has an incredible office space in the heart of downtown Vancouver, and we look forward to returning safely after the covid-19 pandemic. We’re sorry our Total Rewards didn’t meet your expectations. We put a lot of time and effort into ensuring our total compensation package is competitive in our market. In addition to base salary, we offer an annual bonus and if you were a member of one of our sales teams, you would also have the opportunity to earn commissions. As part of our overall package, we offer generous annual paid vacation, which is well above standard and which increases the longer you stay with us. We also offer paid personal days, as well as a generous annual Learning & Development budget, extended medical and dental benefits that are fully paid by BBTV on your behalf and up to 8 hours of paid Community (volunteer) hours each year. We also implemented special paid COVID leave to support any of our team members who were unwell or had to care for family members. We think it’s a very competitive overall package. And we agree that we are in an ever-changing, high growth industry. It’s one of the things that makes working at BBTV exciting.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good place to start

Mar 22, 2021 - YouTube Content Acquisition Specialist in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and really cares about people.

Cons

Base salary is quite low

BroadbandTV Response

Thanks so much for sending along your comments. We’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your time with BBTV. We’re proud of our company culture as we've worked hard to implement a number of great employee initiatives to ensure that mental health and well being of all team members is a priority, and that the positive and fun culture of the company continues to develop and move forward. We are sorry to hear that some of your expectations aren’t being met. In regards to salary, we encourage you to please reach out to your Manager or HR to share your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 139 Reviews