Brink's, Incorporated Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Nov 19, 2019

2.8
Brink's, Incorporated CEO Douglas A. Pertz
Douglas A. Pertz
Pros
  • "Plenty of Overtime, get to experience the whole county, good people(in 34 reviews)

• "There are some really great people that work there(in 21 reviews)

1. "Awesome Workplace"

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated part-time

Pros

Friendly receptionist Professional and welcoming supervisors and hiring staff Friendly work staff

Cons

In my short time there I saw none

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Brink's, Incorporated2018-08-14

"Driver/ Vault worker/ Guard/ Messanger/ Crew chief"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Brinks is a resume booster it shows that you can be trusted with money and firearms. - pays better than other armoured car companies - as a part timer you get to pick and choose your days - the average employees are decent people to work with It is a good stepping stone for policing border services, military and other law enforcement

Cons

-There is little to no advancement it is next to impossible to get full-time with benefits. -the company breaks the law all the time and they don't even care. I have seen them break firearms laws, transportation laws and environmental laws - don't even think about asking for a day off because management are super unreasonable -opportunities for advancement are very rare -the Union doesn't adequately represented... members -the company only cares about corporate greed - advancements are given based on seniority not who is the best candidate

Advice to Management

-Start treating your people better and they will go the extra mile for you. - I quit because of how poorly I was treated. I saw a new face on the wall every single week and that tells you something about your retention. People quit their bosses not their jobs

Brink's, Incorporated2019-04-03

"Garbage management likes to cut corners"

Former Employee - Driver, Then Messenger in Halifax, NS

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good start out pay, supply all the gear, pretty easy to get the hang of.

Cons

Everyone will throw you under the bus if it gets them out of trouble. Management is salary so if they have to do any extra work they get pissed. When a specific manager I worked with would get forced on the truck (short drivers) he would cut corners, rush through and could turn a 12 hour run into 10, then management would wonder why none of the regular staff could! I actually ended up getting fired because the one... night I worked with him, a bunch of things got messed up and he blamed the entire night on me, and I wrote him up on 2 massive violations that he made but was still under probation. They actually didnt fire me til 2 months after the incident because they couldnt afford to lose me at the time, since I was someone that could be on call and could show up in 20 minutes for a shift. I was fired about 4 weeks before probation was up.

Advice to Management

There is no advice to give. Management doesnt actually exist at brinks. Its just a group of people who get paid more then the others to make stupid, and usually wrong decisions. My advice, get real leaders.

Brink's, Incorporated2018-01-05

"Armed Guard / Driver"

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated part-time

Pros

the job is easy and pay is okay, you choose the days your available to work

Cons

unsteady work, no guaranteed hours , unsafe practices , unfair management, lengthy wait to get full time.

Advice to Management

if they weren't so focused on corporate greed they would actually have people go the extra mile for them

Brink's, Incorporated2017-12-14

"If you're looking for full time, look somewhere else."

Current Employee - Driver/Messenger in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a good stepping stone to police if that's where you want to be. As a part timer, you can pick and choose your hours.

Cons

If you want a full time job look elsewhere because you'll never make full time. There's just not enough work.

Advice to Management

Need to secure more contracts. Not enough full time opportunities

Brink's, Incorporated2017-10-30
  6. "Brinks crew chief"

in Ottawa, ON

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated

Pros

Good pay and benefits interesting work and lots of good people

Cons

Can take a long time to get full-time status and if you do will be night shifts.

Brink's, Incorporated2017-06-03

"Little positives"

Former Employee - Driver/Messenger in Calgary, AB

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible scheduling if you're part-time Lots of great co-workers

Cons

Paid $5 an hour less as part-timer, even though you do the same tasks/jobs You don't matter to management Management will tell you anything they want to get what they need Unfulfilled promises by management Very very little room for advancement Company is going downhill fast. A sinking ship.

Advice to Management

Care about your staff. They do matter. They can help you succeed.

Brink's, Incorporated2016-09-16

"One of the worst jobs I've ever had. I woudn't recommend Brinks to anyone for employment."

Former Employee - Armored Vehicle Driver in Toronto, ON

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Access to firearms and an on-site shooting range to practice. -Driving around in an armored truck, wearing a good-looking uniform with a gun on your belt. -That's all.

Cons

-Completely inadequate pay for the type of work you do, and a risk associated with it (part-timers are getting just over a minimum wage). -No work-life balance AT ALL. -Very long working hours. It is not unusual for a Brinks driver to pull 13-14 hours shift behind the wheel of a company's vehicle, if the business requires, with only one 30-minute break (which is technically against the law, but the company... doesn't care). I should have became an AZ truck driver instead. At least, those guys make good money. -Many company's vehicles are so old and are in such poor condition, that wouldn't look out of place in a scrapyard, and sure wouldn't pass any safety inspection. The company seems to be exempt from provincial and federal laws regarding commercial vehicles safety, otherwise half of it's fleet would be impounded by MTO. -Front-line staff are completely at management's and dispatchers' mercy. Dispatch can change any vehicle's route without asking it's crew's consent, even if it completely messes up their route schedule. -Full-time employees are unionized, and are treating part-timers like garbage. -Management provides no feedback to employers' about their performance. I was terminated without ANY prior warnings just because I was late once by 5 minutes! Needless to say, I was quite happy to leave that job.

Advice to Management

-Get back to reality and start appreciating a little bit your employees' work. -Try providing some kind of feedback to your employees about their performance BEFORE taking a disciplinary action against them! -Consider replacing those of the company's vehicles that fail to meet basic safety requirements, as opposed to continuing to keep them on the road, waiting for an accident to occur.

Brink's, Incorporated2016-08-31

"TOXIC WORKPLACE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Brink's, Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hard to say when there are so many negatives.....

Cons

Brink’s perfectly defines a toxic workplace. I’m not one to write negative reviews but this one is a must. The management are motivated by personal gain (power, money, special status), they use unethical, mean-spirited means to manipulate employees or divert attention away from their performance shortfalls and misdeeds. They do not recognize a duty to the organization for which they work or their co-workers in... terms of ethics or professional conduct toward others. They define relationships with co-workers, not by the organizational structure but by co-workers they favour and those they do not like or trust. I have never seen anything illegal but definitely unethical and immoral. Then they wonder why they have a huge list of employee absences and medical leave. Hmmm….maybe because you treat your employees like shit?!

Advice to Management

Clean up your act. Start with upper management and work your way down. You have great employees working for you but you are only promoting those that don't perform. This company is not competitive and are stuck in the dark ages. I won't be surprised if they cease to exist in the next 5 years.

Brink's, Incorporated2015-11-20
  10. "part time driver"

in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Brink's, Incorporated for more than a year

Pros

decent pay, good people, lots of fun times. interesting to see the process firsthand of how your money gets transported and delivered

Cons

hours can be good but also can be bad. work all hours from mornings to evenings to midnights with no consistency

Advice to Management

better training. a lot of the job is learn as you go type stuff. sometimes they ask a lot of you and dont particularly give you an end time

Brink's, Incorporated2015-09-15