Brandwatch Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Brandwatch Reviews

Updated Dec 20, 2019

3.7
Brandwatch CEO Giles Palmer (no image)
Giles Palmer
Pros
  • "Living in Brighton, my work-life balance is excellent(in 18 reviews)

• "In the Brighton office you often start at the same time as a couple of others which is helpful(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "salary is below average in the UK (Brighton is quite expensive)(in 10 reviews)

• "All in all, compared to other companies with similar success stories, Brandwatch has done a good job at keeping these growing pains to a minimum(in 6 reviews)

1. "Challenging, but brilliant for me"

Current Employee - CMO in Brighton, England

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- People & culture - unusually talented and nice groups of humans - Ambition to really do something special - Market leaders - great tech - Lots of people move up, across functions and to new countries in their roles and learn by doing/taking opportunities on, inc to C-suite

Cons

- Management and cultures vary by leader/manager and office - Culture can be a bit entitled/indulgent at times - Pressure, constant change, transparency, ambiguity that come with scaling this kind of company mean you see that this isn't the environment for everyone - some people struggle, some thrive

Advice to Management

Another big year ahead. We need better coordination across teams and more communication at the company level of key themes. We will only succeed if we focus and tough decisions are made.

Brandwatch2019-12-20

"Feel like I've wasted time"

Former Employee - CSM in London, England

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Some good colleagues and nice office - Flexible working - Stocked kitchen - Good tech

Cons

- Lack of new hire training - Responses from Management are slow and show a lack of urgency - Snr. management is a bit arrogant - Lack of benefits, especially when the Crimson Hexagon employees have better

Advice to Management

Please don't be so stuck up and cocky. Yes the platform is good and leading in the industry, but the way you act internally and discredit competitors is a bit rude and should not be cocky in the way you are. Roll out benefits that match everyone! It's unfair to hear about what others have that are greater than you.

Brandwatch2019-12-17
  3. "Fantastic workplace - shame about the working hours"

I have been working at Brandwatch

Pros

There are huge amount of pros about working at Brandwatch. Leadership is strong, the product is market-leading and the culture is good. The pay is fairly good (for Brighton) and they like to promote from within. In some ways it’s the best job I’ve ever had but...

Cons

....the long working day is brutal and is significantly affecting staff turnover. The day is 8:30-5:30 which you can see exhausts people and results in some people in some teams spending a lot of time on breaks and on Slack. It’s a massive problem for people with a commute or responsibilities outside of work (eg parents) and a big reason (maybe not well documented) that people leave. Every now and then rumours go round that the day is going to be shortened by half an hour but I can’t see any evidence of it happening any time soon. It doesn’t help that some teams in the company have an unofficial rule that people can work half an hour less, and thanks to the merger, some whole offices have shorter working hours. These things really don’t help morale among those of us who are there for 9 hours of the day. Other than that, you’re doing great!

Advice to Management

All the pros and perks aren’t enough when the long and frankly inefficient working hours make it hard to achieve work-life balance. Please reduce the working hours to 8:30-5 - evidence shows the productivity won’t be impacted and morale will increase.

Brandwatch2019-12-18
  4. "Average"

Current Employee - Academic Editor in Mumbai

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Would rate this as Average

Cons

Work-life balance could be improved

Advice to Management

Na

Brandwatch2019-11-15
  5. "Lost Opportunity"

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great workplace Culture, Awesome People, collaborative office space, flexible work/life balance, work from home

Cons

Poor middle management. Lack of double loop thinking

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees ideas. Implement Double loop thinking and think about how each decision can impact an employee and customer.

Brandwatch2019-10-23

"Brighton brandwatch"

Current Employee - Brandwatch Employee in Brighton, England

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brandwatch is a great company that do a lot for their staff. Not only is the company pushing forward in its industry but the staff culture is too. Although the office is not the modern hub it used to be it remains a nice environment and place to be. Colleagues are nice although there is no community atmosphere. All in all a nice place to work.

Cons

The main con is the hours: 8.30 - 5.30. Whilst this isn’t a lot longer than other work places it does tire the work force. You can see this by the procrastination of staff as they feel the longs days and come Friday the office is slow and empty. A normal 9-5.30 would not only energise the team but hell this of us with kids or a commute. The offices are cold and quiet. I think a refer should be thought about to encourage a stronger work force.

Advice to Management

Listen to staff. The long days are noticeably deconstructive. The pay isn’t on level with industry comparisons but that’s how it is. All in all I would suggesting in listening to the staff to see what would drive productivity. The socials are for the incrowd and don’t do much for the wider staff.

Brandwatch2019-08-13
  7. "One of the best jobs I ever had!!!"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Brighton, England

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved my time here! The culture, the people and the tool really made it an incredible place to work.

Cons

There was not the opportunity to grow or at least not as quickly as I would have expected from a tech company.

Brandwatch2019-07-11

"Back to High School"

Former Employee - Sales in Brighton, England

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great talk when it comes to culture, lovely laptop, really lovely massages, juices and the pay is not bad at all. It's a great product very visually pleasing and very useful insights. Their dev team are second to none, always launching great, Customer led new features

Cons

Cliques all over the place. it's a very uncomfortable place to work. people are fairly closed off, there seems to be this weird pretension around being edgy and cool. If you're not in with the right people life is more difficult. I personally always felt like an outsider. The office is oddly quiet, people will leave their desks to make a call, which isn't too helpful when you're learning and makes for a really weird and seemingly unproductive office space. I joined as the merger was taking place and it was not a good experience, there were a lot of long serving team members chopped, but the merging partner Crimson seemed to have it far worse. No reassurances or direction were given, just a resounding "we don't know what's going on or what's going to happen" which basically says to me that the leaders are not leading. Giles has to be the least inspiring CEO and speaker, almost laughable. He doesn't really give the impression of caring too much about the business anymore. He seems to try and swear a lot in the understanding that this is cool but really it's super awkward. Overall I felt very isolated, not as if I was a part of something.

Advice to Management

I don't know what you could with the culture at this point. The product is great though and I'm sure it'll be amazing when merged with Crimsons platform.

Brandwatch2019-07-05
  9. "Great place"

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, great culture etc...

Cons

Pay was a little low.

Brandwatch2019-05-14
  10. "5 years in and, on balance, still really good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time

Pros

Lovely office; good people; challenging and fulfilling workload; flexibility; food; social options.

Cons

Lack of atmosphere when so many people are WFH; hard to attract and retain infrastructure engineers; recent merger, although healthy, has resulted in many staff changes and been unsettling

Brandwatch2019-04-26