Brandwatch Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2020

3.6
Brandwatch CEO Giles Palmer (no image)
Giles Palmer
Pros
  • "Living in Brighton, my work-life balance is excellent(in 18 reviews)

• "In the Brighton office you often start at the same time as a couple of others which is helpful(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Having to go to team meetings in Brighton, but never came to London(in 11 reviews)

• "There are no women in the senior management(in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Progression"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Brighton, England

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good career progression potential

Cons

Some very senior staff out of touch with the roles they manage & make decisions on behalf of.

2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Marketing in Brighton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fantastic support from direct management and leadership to help you develop professionally - Fantastic perks including free lunches, massages and yoga classes - Highly proficient team of smart people

Cons

- Lack of communication across teams - As the "new person", it's easy to feel like an "outsider" - Sometimes there's definitely a sense of entitlement from some members of staff because of all of the amazing perks and benefits

Continue reading

"A company that lays people off each year, is not a good company"

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people (for the most part), Nice people again....

Cons

Poor planning, penny pinching, investor minded, employees are cattle to be used until they either leave of discontentment or are laid off in what has become an, almost ritualistic, annual round of layoffs and firings.

"Issues go deep"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some smart people left on staff

Cons

Very cliquey, and by cliquey, I mean if you are a straight white male you are in the clique and you will likely succeed. Bonus points if you are British. Senior management demographics reflect this dynamic and women, queer people, and BIPOC are poorly represented and purposefully held back from promotions and raises and even fired without good cause. All this happens while the company gives lip service to being very liberal and progressive. The lack of diversity in leadership positions has also led to a lack of diversity in opinions, and the poor state of the product and low morale of teams reflects this. Missed opportunities across the board.

5. "Great technology, but still figuring out the logistics."

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great technology suite, flexible WFH and time off policies, great team of people there.

Cons

Teams don't work the best together, often felt siloed. Change in internal strategy at what seems like the drop of a hat with little to no transparency on decision making. Tools given to us by our managers often don't help workflow (i.e. Salesforce). Brandwatch suite is about 12-18 months away from completion.

"Stay away"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Brandwatch full-time

Pros

Flexibility, unlimited PTO, good non-senior people.

Cons

No leadership is better than the poor leadership team assembled here. Be friends with the right people and you get what you want.

7. "3 months in at Brandwatch"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good interview process - although the interview process was lengthy it gave me a chance to learn more about Brandwatch and see that they don't compromise on their talent selection. Great culture - There is a lot of collaboration working in this fast pace environment. People work together and there is visible recognition/kudos for good performances. Informative induction - a comprehensive induction with a chance to meet various teams and a sit down with IT to get your new Mac and to get set up properly with all systems!

Cons

There seems to be a lot of changes to the business and it has been a little frantic during Q1

Brandwatch Response

April 14, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for a 5* review! We’re glad you enjoyed your interview process, your first few months with us and are enjoying the culture here! Best of luck in your continued career with us!

"A lot of problems."

I worked at Brandwatch full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Extremely smart, ambitious, and hardworking people. Mostly.

Cons

Clique-y, non-diverse, non-inclusive culture. Disappointedly poor leadership, especially at the C-level. Constantly changing strategies with no communication or transparency behind the motivations. Sub-par pay and benefits Gender pay issues Complete lack of any kind of professional HR department C-level seems either blind to, or in denial of real problems within the workplace and tend to resort to bandaids on bullet wounds as a means to solve issues.

Continue reading

"Sly attitude to force you to leave"

1.0
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- London office had good vibes from legacy Crimson Hexagon staff - Always catered for and looked after, not as much after the merge - I could WFH and have flexible control over my work

Cons

- They will change your job spec to make you feel you need to leave - Having to go to team meetings in Brighton, but never came to London - The leadership team are a bit arrogant and cocky when it comes to competition. Saying you want to put someone out of business, yet losing so many accounts, big accounts to them is not a good start!

Continue reading

"Challenging, but brilliant for me"

Current Employee - CMO in Brighton, England

I have been working at Brandwatch full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- People & culture - unusually talented and nice groups of humans - Ambition to really do something special - Market leaders - great tech - Lots of people move up, across functions and to new countries in their roles and learn by doing/taking opportunities on, inc to C-suite

Cons

- Management and cultures vary by leader/manager and office - Culture can be a bit entitled/indulgent at times - Pressure, constant change, transparency, ambiguity that come with scaling this kind of company mean you see that this isn't the environment for everyone - some people struggle, some thrive

Brandwatch Response

April 14, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for the 5* review! Glad you are enjoying working with us and we agree that we have a talented group of individuals here!

Found 146 reviews