Found 61 of over 9K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Booz Allen Hamilton
Booz Allen Hamilton
Hello! I have a salary question. BAH hired me last year w/ an offer of 95k as a senior consultant-cost analyst upon finishing my master's in finance program in Paris, France (85k initially but I got another offer). I was relocated to San Diego, CA. I did not officially receive my degree then because they require work experience first. I officially got my master's now. I have 4 years experience as an analyst for NAVWAR (American). Is this fair compensation or should I ask for more with my degree?
Booz Allen Hamilton
Anyone made the switch from Booz Allen to somewhere else? I'm a consultant level. What was your experience and where did you go? I can't tell if I'm staying because I don't think there's anything better in terms of average salary, job security, and somewhat work life balance. But I really hate the promotion structure and I feel like no one voucher for you and also the Healthcare.
Got a burning question about Booz Allen Hamilton? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Booz Allen Hamilton employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The education benefits are great and the classes within Booz Allen are helpful as well." (in 807 reviews)
- "Great people and energy at work" (in 610 reviews)
- "Great work/life balance and very flexible when it comes to work location for off client site." (in 526 reviews)
- "Good pay and the people I work with on a daily basis are great." (in 264 reviews)
- "Great Culture and a Good Place to Work" (in 240 reviews)
- "Salaries are low and unequal." (in 229 reviews)
- "Poor management particularly with career and reporting managers who rule with an iron fist." (in 220 reviews)
- "Career Managers and senior leadership don't seem to care what happens once you're placed on a project." (in 191 reviews)
- "Hope you get a good Manager and not someone who's there because of their title." (in 147 reviews)
- "Upper management seems disconnected from client" (in 59 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Booz Allen Hamilton and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "lack of work"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0May 11, 2015Engineer/Data AnalystFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSan Diego, CA
Very laid back environment. you can come in whenever as long as you complete your 8 hours. and attend meetings
I worked for the SIG and our department went down fast people were leaving and quitting and getting let go for the lack of work. The life of contractor. and your career route could not go the way you want it to. they are going to direct in the area in which you are needed not exactly what you want to focus on. and sometimes youll find yourself without work5
- 2.0Sept 8, 2008AssociateCurrent EmployeeMcLean, VA
10% of your annual salary is put towards a 401k. This is a free benefit.
Horrific work hours and lack of competent technical staff. Promotions to management are based on politics and the ability to bring in business. Problem is bringing in business requiring technical ability when there are few if any technically astute workers means lots of overtime for the worker bees.