Booz Allen Hamilton Reviews
86% would recommend to a friend
(8319 total reviews)
Horacio D. Rozanski
92% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Booz Allen Hamilton
Federal, Government, and Public Sector
a month ago
Booz Allen Hamilton
Get a technical masters or no? Want to stay at Booz or similar fed contracting company. Transitioned into a tech career two years ago. Won't pay out of pocket, will take five years a class at a time. Plan on working another 20 years.
Got a burning question about Booz Allen Hamilton? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Booz Allen Hamilton employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and the pace is very slow for those that like to work at a slow pace." (in 812 reviews)
- "Great work and people!" (in 607 reviews)
- "Great work/life balance and very flexible when it comes to work location for off client site." (in 543 reviews)
- "Good pay and the people I work with on a daily basis are great." (in 273 reviews)
- "Interesting work and Great culture" (in 258 reviews)
- "Salaries are low and unequal." (in 228 reviews)
- "Poor management particularly with career and reporting managers who rule with an iron fist." (in 226 reviews)
- "Career Managers and senior leadership don't seem to care what happens once you're placed on a project." (in 200 reviews)
- "Hope you get a good Manager and not someone who's there because of their title." (in 148 reviews)
- "Upper management seems disconnected from client" (in 59 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Booz Allen Hamilton and is not affected by filters.
Found 8,319 of over 9K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJun 14, 2023Senior Master SchedulerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsWarren, MI
Great pay, benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, more), and opportunities to grow your career through training and developmental jobs (6 months to 2 years, trying out a new job/position).
No real cons. Every now and then you'll come across a manager who isn't very good, but that happens anywhere.2
- 4.0Sept 25, 2021Operations Research AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Stability, flexibility, security. Put in the work and you will get compensated.
Because it’s such a large company there are always bureaucratic hang ups. Generally though, if you surround yourself with the right people you will be ok.
- 1.0Dec 28, 2021Lead AssociateFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Travel perks, airline/rental/hotel benefits with status
No work-life balance Finding a project is your responsibility when you come to bench, if not, then you are given Lack of Work letter and eventually terminated. Red tape and very user-unfriendly policies.3
- 3.0Aug 13, 2013Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
--Good training ops. --Salary/Benefits/Social activities that are swanky.
--Top-heavy whereby too many managers are doing admin and not the actual work of the "practice" (Booz-speak for the individual tech team or group of teams which serve one client or one sector such as the US Navy). --The company is overally "balkanized." It's harder than expected to move from one practice to another. It's almost like there are several small B-A&Hs instead of one company.1
- 5.0Nov 30, 2023Junior Data ScientistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearWashington, DC
Has kept workplace flexibility with allowing remote work where possible. No micromanaging, flexibility when it comes to taking PTO. Everyone is proud of the work they do and morale is high. Work life balance is fantastic - 40 hours a week and that’s it. I’m really happy with my decision to work here and I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how good the company culture is compared with other consulting firms. My pay is also really great for the location and expectations.
Good luck finding uncleared work. Also, it seems the population of the company leans on the older side so I hope they can continue to attract younger people.1
- 3.0Dec 4, 2023Deputy Assistant Program ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearTampa, FL
support to the employees is amazing. Time on the Bench is paid, and the medical benefits, etc. are all solid.
transparency is an issue as is promotion cycle and growth potential. Yes, there are multiple openings to fill, however once in a position, realizing growth in salary is a log slog. Starting at a reasonable level is critical.1
Booz Allen Hamilton Reviews FAQs
Booz Allen Hamilton has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 8,827 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Booz Allen Hamilton to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
86% of Booz Allen Hamilton employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Booz Allen Hamilton 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.