Bond Brand Loyalty Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.1
Bond Brand Loyalty President & CEO Bob Macdonald
Bob Macdonald

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people around me, it's a larger company that feels like a smaller company (in 12 reviews)

• Lots of opportunities to get involved in a wide-range of projects (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely long days with no work life balance are NOT counteracted by parties or events (in 13 reviews)

• In my position, no work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

"Solution Project Management"

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, vibrant environment, laughter encouraged, super smart people, friendly and engaging leadership. An incredible list of long standing clients across a wide range of industries and markets.

Cons

Aggressive change agenda that impacts how work is done. Some modernization of systems is underway. High performing people sometimes get overwhelmed with workload while others work 9-5. Management seems to be addressing this.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive change. Ensure that all levels of management align to the vision. Continue to focus on the Bond experience for clients AND employees

"A Place for Catalysts"

Current Employee - Vice President in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Vice President in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast-paced, high-performing, high-producing, highly fun, highly engaging, highly caring.

Cons

Fast-paced, high-performing, high expectations. While these attributes are a great fit for some, they're not a great fit for all. To benefit from all that Bond has to offer for your career you must want to always stretch, change and grow.

Advice to Management

Continue to demonstrate through your words and actions how much you care for our clients, the business and your teams.

"pretty good company"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty (More than 3 years)

Pros

people, benefits, . . . .

Cons

can be long hours for no extra pay

"Great place to grow!"

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Smart, passionate people
    - Great clients and culture
    - Challenging work and opportunities to grow
    - Opportunities to connect outside of work
    - Flexible vacation and good benefits
    - Work life balance

Cons

Meeting space and technology that could use some updating

Advice to Management

- Focus on innovation
    - Invest in technology that makes it easier to get work done

Bond Brand Loyalty Response

4 May, 2018

Hey there! Thanks for your feedback, we’re happy you’re enjoying your career at Bond. We are very proud of our clients and culture which is only possible with so many great people like yourself. Your... More

"Sr. Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- At times, you can feel that the organization has the right intentions and wants to be a good place of employment
    - Hungry leadership willing to make change and push the business forward
    - Plenty of recognition opportunities
    - Some great and intelligent leadership in the organization
    - Cafeteria provides a great option so that you don't have to leave the office
    - Easy to get to - close to major highways
    - Easy to recruit friends and family since a lot of focus is placed on referrals and the company is always hiring

Cons

- Leadership is too focused on making money, you can really feel this change. Over the last several years you have really been able to notice the difference. Unfortunately, right now aggressively going after business is having an impact on people values and client relationships. Many long-term employees are noticing the difference, its a point of conversation that hopefully is being addressed
    - Work is sometimes offered to clients that we aren't able to deliver. We over-sell and spend time reactively trying to deliver work that we aren't trained on. Fake it until you make it approach.
    - Getting noticed or promoted doesn't necessarily mean you or your work deserved it. It just means you have friendships with the right people and you have played the game right. Leadership should be more involved in these decisions and not place so much trust in middle management.

Advice to Management

- Stay focused on your people
    - Be more transparent about what is happening with the business
    - Make it easier for individuals to move from one team to the next, help me understand my career path
    - Don't sell work that we can't execute, stay focused on what we stand for and do well

"Nice place. No raises.. ever!"

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of parties and free booze. Fun people. Work hard party hard culture.

Cons

Long hours. No work life balance. No raises in last few years. Can't keep up with cost of living.
    Work from home frowned upon.

Advice to Management

Priotize allowing people to work from home at least once a week.
    All progressive companies do this.

"Highs and Lows are TOO high and TOO low"

I worked at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic place to start your career and learn what working at an agency is like - work hard and play harder. Lots of opportunities to get involved in a wide-range of projects.

Fantastic people - smart, caring, energetic, and collaborative.

Cons

The problem is the highs are complemented by lows that are not easy to bounce back from.

- Extremely long days with no work life balance are NOT counteracted by parties or events
    - Bringing this/problems to the attention of your manager (regardless of your team) gets you a "we will look into this and try and help you manage your workload" - you never get followed up with unless you threaten to leave
    - Promotions: LOL. Raises: EVEN FUNNIER! You do not get taken seriously until you threaten to leave. Performance doesn't dictate whether or not you deserve a raise or promotion. Who you know dictates that. There used to be performance plans with goal setting in place, but they got rid of that a few years ago and begun the "manager's discretion policy" - disgruntled managers who cannot get raises/promotions themselves will not fight for employees.
    - Too many extremely smart people leave as soon as they get past the smoke and mirrors - an indication that the company does not treat them how they deserve to be treated

Advice to Management

You care about giving clients the 'Bond Experience', but what about your own employees? Miserable, overworked employees are not going to give your clients the best experience (as much as you try and force them to).

"Constant Change"

I worked at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time

Pros

Close to home & the highway.
    Café & gym onsite.
    Nice people at the lower levels.

Cons

Constantly changing important systems.
    Certain areas are very high-school like.
    Often find people in roles not suited for - namely manager roles.
    Career growth for the 'in crowd' only.

Advice to Management

A fish rots from the head down. A hard look at your people in positions of power is needed. You are losing many great employees.

"fun place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great fun
    great people
    gym on site
    great culture
    good location

Cons

no work life balance
    no encouragement to grow
    not all had open door policy
    some people were not welcoming
    hard to get answers sometimes

"Lots of work, little reward."

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Bond Brand Loyalty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a gym on site, which is nice if you ever find the time to use it.
    Location is close to main roads and highways.
    Lots of food options for lunch around (if you find the time to escape your desk for lunch)

Cons

Work hours are always usually pretty long and outside of the typical "9-5" window. Expect to put in long hours and not get paid for them: no OT! Not only that, but the salary is pretty terrible considering how much work and effort is expected. If you ask for a raise, good luck getting it. They offer "flex" vacation, but it's hard to even find the time to take or get any because the work load is always pretty heavy. Managers aren't always understanding over the work-life balance and it's difficult to get time off.
    Expected to be on call for certain projects but having to utilize own cellphone device and giving up weekend/evening plans to make yourself available for clients.

Advice to Management

Be consistent in giving your employees annual reviews with opportunities for raises. Instead of us having to come to you to ask about a pay increase, this should be discussed annually along with performance.
    It's really hard to maintain or have a work life balance when there's so much expected of you. Either bring on more adequate team members to help out where needed and to alleviate some of the work, or don't put up with certain client BS. We do anything and everything to make them happy all the time, while we're the ones being miserable. It would be nice to be treated with just as much respect and importance as the clients get from Bond.
    Company cell phones or company vehicles would also be beneficial to those of us who have to travel to events and/or communicate often with clients across the country.