Blueline Rental Reviews

3.2
Blueline Rental CEO Asterios Satrazemis
Asterios Satrazemis
Pros
Cons
  • "upper management was not sure what they wanted from day to day, one day its equipment on rent and the next day it rate(in 13 reviews)

• "Some customers are unaware of who BlueLine is due to the youth of the company(in 13 reviews)

1. "You get back what you put in."

4.0

I have been working at Blueline Rental

Pros

Good benefits with options.Pension plan matched. Newer equipment. Branch cleanliness and good core people at the branch I work at.

Cons

The pace can sometimes be stressful. Direction issues that seem to be improving.

2. "Outside Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Etobicoke, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Blueline Rental full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training and support from piers

Cons

Micromanagement, DSM changed, VP of Sales Canada Changed, and CEO Changed all in same year

Blueline Rental Response

May 4, 2017Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on your peers and on the training you received while at BlueLine. When I visit our branches I see that our employees are continuing to develop pride in their branches, their teammates and the quality of service we deliver for our customers. We still have opportunity to improve and that’s why we are committed to delivering at least 40 hours of training each year to our employees. BlueLine has continued to evolve our executive team, adding industry expertise and thought leaders to the leadership team. These changes have led to steady improvement in business and customer experience as BlueLine Rental grows its brand in the marketplace. Thanks again for the feedback, Greg Barnes, VP, Human Resources.

"Blueline, not really sure if they are in it for the long game or not."

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Turner Valley, AB

I worked at Blueline Rental full-time for less than a year

Pros

Above average pay; standard benefits and good colleagues. A great place for someone to get some industry experience before moving on to a more stable company

Cons

Ridiculous staff turnover at all levels; the highest I have seen in over 20 years in the industry. Lack of direction for more than a quarter. Concussion around companies overall goals and objectives

Blueline Rental Response

May 15, 2017Vice President, Human Resources

We have had some challenges in Western Canada since the Oil & Gas markets have seen a downturn. Our overall strategy focusing on fleet management and market density has pushed BlueLine to make tough decisions and invest fleet in other markets, much to the success of the broader organization. Overall, the Canada market continues to be an opportunity for BlueLine, but we have to invest with an owner’s mindset in the broader business. Regards, Greg Barnes, VP, Human Resources.

"Just a stepping stone"

I have been working at Blueline Rental full-time

Pros

Not the worst company out there.

Cons

Treats lower employees terribly. Unrealistic expectations. Human Resources department is basically non-existent. Don't expect your benefits issues to ever be resolved.

"Employee"

1.0

I have been working at Blueline Rental full-time

Pros

not many. however, good people working in the trenches

Cons

POOR, POOR, POOR District Managers and above in Canada. POOR Senior Management in corporate office. MANY promises, little delivery. Absolutely NO support or proper training. Dictatorial District Management with no regard for employee participation. NEVER enough equipment for salesman.

Continue reading
  6. "Manager, Licensed Fleet"

4.0
    Current Employee - Fleet Manager

I have been working at Blueline Rental full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible company to work for; offering educational opportunities and advances in career growth.

Cons

This is a start up from a previous franchise operation; growing pains are to be expected.

7. "Ok"

Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at Blueline Rental full-time

Pros

Always busy, coworkers were nice.

Cons

No much of on-job training.

8. "Will never find better."

Former Employee - Regional Service Manager

I worked at Blueline Rental full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The People were the best in the business, all working to that goal of supplying the safest, and newest equipment for a fair rate, we worked hard and played hard as well. Our senior leadership was the best around, the best of all was the staff at the branches. They are the true ground pounders and those folks are what made Blueline great.

Cons

Company was wiped off the face of the planet by a larger but not better company.

9. "Loved working at this company"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Blueline Rental full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

BlueLine Rental was a great company to work for, with a strong management team, solid sales performance, and personnel in the field that were second to none.

Cons

The company ran out of runway and ultimately ended up selling to United Rentals. URI is a good company as well, with a different culture. I'm sure all who stayed with URI will do well.

Continue reading
  10. "Wonderful opportunity for growth!"

Former Employee - CRM Manager in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at Blueline Rental full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Was able to work on some ground-breaking IT projects. Manager trusted me to execute the company's vision. C-suite, particularly the CIO, were accessible and willing to listen to feedback. Like any job, it wasn't perfect 100% of the time, but I truly loved what I did.

Cons

Now out of business, acquired by United Rentals

Found 165 reviews